Pti | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pti

I was at the Iowa game. JB got a very badly timed "T". Out the game out of reach. Ricky Green killed us, as I remember.

Yeah it was a brutal T and JB took a lot of heat for that and rightfully so.

Off the top of my head that Iowa team's star was Ronnie Lester then they had Kenny Arnold, Kevin Boyle, Steve Krafcisin (sp?) and another big white guy named Waite (?). Blanking on the small forward but I don't think his name was Green.

Sick how I can remember that team but couldn't name three guys on an opponent from five years ago.

EDIT: the small forward was Vince Brookins and he had a big game. Louie Orr had 25 pts and 15 rebs. Lute Olson was the Iowa HC.

Yeah it was a brutal T and JB took a lot of heat for that and rightfully so.

Off the top of my head that Iowa team's star was Ronnie Lester then they had Kenny Arnold, Kevin Boyle, Steve Krafcisin (sp?) and another big white guy named Waite (?). Blanking on the small forward but I don't think his name was Green.

Sick how I can remember that team but couldn't name three guys on an opponent from five years ago.

EDIT: the small forward was Vince Brookins and he had a big game. Louie Orr had 25 pts and 15 rebs. Lute Olson was the Iowa HC.

I was there. May have been JBs worst T in his career. I think there was a 6 point turnaround.

I saw a clip of Cowherd talking about the tourney and laughed and laughed today. Imagine listening to these “all sports hot takers” like Steven A and Colin who clearly haven’t watched a game
Sometimes you wonder if it is the WWE. These guys have to have scripts. I mean the Zion return alone should disqualify them as impartial.

1995 Arkansas, 2005 Vermont and 2010 Butler are my "big 3" in terms of gut-wrenching heartbreak.

Was too young to remember Keith Smart, thankfully. And Richmond is a very vague memory for me as I was 8 and didn't really care yet.

The first tourney games that I felt emotionally invested were the 1994 season with Hawaii, Wisconsin-GB and Missouri.
oddly while I have been around for a very long time, the loss that bothers me the most was the Ark game. I wanted that game badly and we had it.

What’s their point? I mean Kansas lost to Bucknell like 2 hours later that night as a 3 seed. Did they mention that one too?
I think they did it because Vermont is back in this year with the same seed.

Had to do a a happy 14th anniversary to the Vermont debacle. Thanks tony and Mike I'm still going for therapy for that game.

ugh 14th? they couldnt wait until 15? seems random for a *in the national scene* a middle of the road upset.

Agreed. Losing to Navy by 20 after we had beaten them on the same floor by 20 earlier in the season was soul-crushing.
Dwayne's last game in Orange...

The 2010 team was so good. Really wish we could have seen what happened with Arinze.

They were but i thought the 2012 team was even better - comparing both at full strength.

They were but i thought the 2012 team was even better - comparing both at full strength.

Just felt like 2010 had everything and so many offensive options. 2012 was better defensively. Here’s hoping we can get back to that level soon.

Yeah, this is the only Vermont tourney game that should be discussed. Scoop crossover at 35 seconds.

Please DON'T EVER show or mention the '10 team again(Best Cuse TEAM of all time). I die inside a little each time... this was our 2nd natty 100%. Ugh...

I think I speak for every member of this forum when I say we would have won the whole shebang.

We would have walked to the title in my opinion. I've said it before, and I haven't seen anything different since. I haven't seen a better NCAA team before or since. Inside out, defense, shooting, teamwork, tempo, poise, confidence. They had it all , was truly horrible not having AO healthy , still should have beaten Butler anyways

We would have walked to the title in my opinion. I've said it before, and I haven't seen anything different since. I haven't seen a better NCAA team before or since. Inside out, defense, shooting, teamwork, tempo, poise, confidence. They had it all , was truly horrible not having AO healthy , still should have beaten Butler anyways

That really was our year. It was a slightly down year in college (Duke's title team was pretty mediocre by Duke standards and it was before Coach K turned to all one and dones). We just had everything. It was the perfect 7 man rotation. Incredibly fun to watch that team for a full season, and it made it all the more sad and depressing watching it end with a loss to Butler.

I think 2012 was more talented and deeper - but they were more prone to lapses and sloppy play. The 2010 team was an absolutely perfectly constructed CBB rotation.

God damn that team was so good.
What a shame. The things I would do for us to be a team on that level again. Such a huge opportunity lost there

That really was our year. It was a slightly down year in college (Duke's title team was pretty mediocre by Duke standards and it was before Coach K turned to all one and dones). We just had everything. It was the perfect 7 man rotation. Incredibly fun to watch that team for a full season, and it made it all the more sad and depressing watching it end with a loss to Butler.

I think 2012 was more talented and deeper - but they were more prone to lapses and sloppy play. The 2010 team was an absolutely perfectly constructed CBB rotation.

Nice post.

The 2012 team WAS more talented and deeper, but that 2010 squad had perfect balance and chemistry. It was a perfect rotation, as you described, that got thrown out of whack when AO got injured.

GD it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom