Purdue Postgame Party... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Postgame Party...

We won by 15 on the road, at night to a good big ten team in our first P5 game of the year and thats your post?
Could have been 29: missed PI in the endzone before the sack/missed FG and QB1 going down on the last possession when he had a TD

Oline held up. Good sign. Lots of questions still, but nice win. Kicking a bit of a concern. Not punting (despite the shanks). Place kicking. Can we have accuracy outside of 30 yards? WRs will probably be what they are they year. Potentially good, but inconsistent. We’ll probably have to live with it. If we had OG we win that game by 28. Shader is obviously a monster and I love him, but the combo of his throws and our WRs is scary as hell sometimes. I hold my breath when the ball is in the air, but no way I’m questioning Shrader tonight. Overall a great win. We need a really an efficient game against Army. It will propel us forward if we can play a clean, efficient game against them. It’ll get us in a good frame of mind for the gauntlet.

Saying our WRs struggled is being negative? No it’s being realistic. They struggled to separate and catch consistently against a weak secondary. I don’t watch these games with orange colored glasses, I watch it with a realistic mindset. If you don’t like that put me on ignore.
I'm putting him on ignore. He's a whiner.

Huh?
Simmons (I’m pretty sure) is the guy who had the ball in his arms when the pile was cleared away.

I thought OL 77 might’ve dived in there and ripped it out.
But clearly he did not.

Given that the ball was:
Fumbled.
Not possessed by a Purdue player.
Actually possessed by a Syracuse player.

You’d think it’d be a pretty easy call to get correct.
I'm not saying I agree with the call but...

College rules are (allegedly) who possesses the ball first, not who comes out of the pile with it. So it may well have been 77 who they credited with possession.

I didn’t think Purdue was bad at all. I mean they moved the ball. Played decent D. They just turned the ball over way too much. Clean that up and they might be a bowl team.
I'm interested to see how they do against Wisconsin next week.

Marlowe Wax is a star
Gonna be hard for another defender in my lifetime to top him and Mikel back to back in my eyes. What a run of dudes.

McDonald hasn't shown the same personality and chit talking but man he might be the best player of the three by the time he's done here... he does some freaky stuff regularly.

Saying our WRs struggled is being negative? No it’s being realistic. They struggled to separate and catch consistently against a weak secondary. I don’t watch these games with orange colored glasses, I watch it with a realistic mindset. If you don’t like that put me on ignore.
its like last years 6-0 to 7-6 didn’t happen to some. We literally saw GS wear down and it’s going to happen again. He’s got to take less hits. it’s a fair take

its also fair to comment that this was the first valid game without OG and now he’s out for the for year and suggesting the WRs need to play better isnt crazy at all.

BUT you can also enjoy the great great win and the praise the heart of the team. it’s possible to walk and chew gum for some, I guess

I didn’t think Purdue was bad at all. I mean they moved the ball. Played decent D. They just turned the ball over way too much. Clean that up and they might be a bowl team.
They were pretty good up front defensively, generally protected their QB, WR’s looked pretty good, and QB was decent.

Didn’t seem to have any game breakers on offense, and seemed prone to major breakdowns both with the turnovers on O and the defensive plays where bafflingly Shrader had huge lanes - never seen a team get faked out so badly by fake handoffs. Perhaps partially a result of a new staff? We had some horrific defensive breakdowns early in the Dino tenure.

Gonna be hard for another defender in my lifetime to top him and Mikel back to back in my eyes. What a run of dudes.

McDonald hasn't shown the same personality and chit talking but man he might be the best player of the three by the time he's done here... he does some freaky stuff regularly.
I loved Spruill but Wax is an ACC big time LB. Not undersized and just hits. Mikel’s a dog like Zaire but Wax is a stud in his own right too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom