Purdue Postgame Party... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Postgame Party...

Holy chit the Clemson game is going to be an absolute war. Those defenses battling is going to be incredible. Shrader is going to need to be special.

I think that's the most excited I've ever been for a game in the Dome.

We’re a good football team. Gotta keep Shrader healthy, if that happens this team has 9-10 win potential. Purdue isn’t great but they are tough at home in Primetime and we beat them by 15. Freaking Alabama only beat USF by 14. I hope Jones is ok, he’s our most reliable WR, even with the drops we have a deep corp of WRs with a lot of potential, however. Love our D, love Beck and Rocky. Great coaching staffs matter. A lot.

The small but mighty visiting Orange contingent cheered their A$$ES off tonight. I was honored to be part of that crew that was pissing so many Purdue fans off.

They. Could. Not. Run. Against. Us. Incredible performance by the defense tonight.

What a win!

Alright, run an inside slant then.

We were at the Purdue 41 with 4th and 11. Purdue is going to have a greater shot at scoring from the ~30 yard line than from the endzone.
Have confidence in your QB. If it’s not open, then heave it deep or scramble around and burn the last seconds of the half. Many options that were better than what we did.

If he isn’t ACC QB of the week, we should burn it all down
Burn It Billy Zane GIF by MacGruber

Alright, run an inside slant then.

We were at the Purdue 41 with 4th and 11. Purdue is going to have a greater shot at scoring from the ~30 yard line than from the endzone.
The difference is incredibly trivial vs the upside. But alright, run on every 3rd&8 ever then cause something bad could happen.

Have confidence in your QB. If it’s not open, then heave it deep or scramble around and burn the last seconds of the half. Many options that were better than what we did.
It's not only on the QB. Tipped INT's and strip sacks happen also.

Even if we don't turn it over on the play, Purdue has the ball at the 30-41 yard line (depending on how many yards we gained, if any, on the 4th down play.) They have an opportunity to score if they have the ball, albeit a small percentage. You also have to factor in a blocked kick if we do pick up the first.

Hail Mary means if anyone scores, it's probably us. 99% of the time, it's probably incomplete if the ball ends up in the air or we bury the play like Shrader did.

The difference is incredibly trivial vs the upside. But alright, run on every 3rd&8 ever then cause something bad could happen.
Ah, I see who I'm talking to now. You're one of those guys that obviously forgot how GRob's quick kick on 3rd downs changed the landscape of college football.

Ah, I see who I'm talking to now. You're one of those guys that obviously forgot how GRob's quick kick on 3rd downs changed the landscape of college football.
No Im one of those guys that follows basic risk/reward. You're there guy who doesn't double 11 vs a 6 cause you drew an Ace last time.

Going back a ways, the Hogue/Derrell Smith combo was fun to watch. That game where we just terrorized Rutgers offense in the Dome was amazing fun to watch.

I think Ray Lucas is still complaining about the late game blitzes on their radio feed

No Im one of those guys that follows basic risk/reward. You're there guy who doesn't double 11 vs a 6 cause you drew an Ace last time.
Purdue can't score without the ball. A Hail Mary only gives them the ability to do so on a 100 yard pick six. Pretty rare. Any other option increases the chances that Purdue gains possession or scores defensively.

Might want to double check your risk/reward data sheet. Because I can't see the risk being worth it for 3 points in a game we're leading by 7 on the road with a kicker we haven't seen hit a FG longer than 36 yards.

Some of those “drops” would have been all world contested catches. It wasn’t like Shrader was dropping dimes all night on deep balls.
Some of them were difficult catches, some of them were drops.

We’re not forcing 5 turnovers every game and in closer games basic fundamentals like catching the ball will make a difference.

Good lord talk about setting the tone for his time here. i tried to erase those years from my mind but wasn’t that in his first game in the dome

Um, no. When they unpiled, Johnson was lying on his back with the ball in his hands.
Quite right. I was supposing but watched the replay and I was wrong. However, between the shot of 77 jumping on the pile and Johnson being the last one in the pile, a lot was off camera, so who knows. Replay was definitely inconclusive, so if they'd ruled it for SU on the field, that would have stood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom