Purdue Tailgate/Tix: September 16th @ 7:30 pm | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Tailgate/Tix: September 16th @ 7:30 pm

Obie9

Co-Winner 2017 2nd Chance Challenge
I apologize for the delay, but I’ve had a difficult time securing parking for this game. I have already purchased 60 tickets at a discounted group rate and have the ability to purchase up to 100, with all seats grouped together. If you responded with your intent to attend in the past, please see the list at the end of this post. If you are not on that list and are interested in participating in the group tickets and/or tailgate, please post the number of tickets needed and tailgate information in this thread.

IMG_4660.jpeg

The tickets are in the East Sideline; section 108; rows 56, 57, 58 (3 rows of 20 people). Seats are between the 10 & 20 yard line. The concourse comes out at row 43 and there are 73 total rows to give a little more perspective. Tickets will be $58 each.

The tailgate will be in the IM lot which is 3-4 blocks from the stadium. Shuttles to the stadium are available and running throughout the day. Lots open 8-hours prior to kickoff (11:30 am), and anticipate the tailgate will officially start at 1pm. Those helping to bring grills, tables, coolers, food, canopies, etc will have first dibs on the parking passes I receive. Parking is $30 prepay & $40 the day of the game. I do not know how much street parking will cost, but have been told it’s comparable.

**Purchasing game tickets through our group and attending the tailgate does not guarantee you can park in the lot. I can only provide parking passes for those who are helping to bring needed items. There will be shuttles available to our lot, street parking, and parking in private lots are available as per the Purdue ticket office.

IMG_4661.jpeg

Menu is subject to change and based on the number of grills & people attending. Plans are for pulled pork, Hoffman’s (Syracuse) & Zweigle’s (Rochester) hot dogs, Schmidt’s (Columbus) Bahama Mama’s, burgers (If we have enough grills), sandwiches, chips and cookies. Soda, water, and adult beverages will also be available. Tailgate will run $15 for non-drinkers, & $20 for drinkers.

Summary:
Game day ticket: $58
**Parking: $30
Talgate: Drinkers: $20
Non-Drinkers: $15

The list below are the people who have already reached out for tickets & the tailgate. If you are on the list, please confirm the number. I will bold your name once payment has been received. Please include the # of non-drinkers & drinkers for the tailgate.

Obie9: 2
Walshjfii: 4
JRHEETER: 2
Consigliere: 2
CaraA: 5
ShaneO: 3
Ragman2000: 7
sutomcat: 1
Lvilleorange: 3
Domedog84: 9
Cuseblood44: 2
CuyahogaCuse: 2 (No tailgate)
SUBear: 2
Florange44: 7
Jbsu44: 2

Total: 53 Tickets/ 49 Tailgate

Payment can be made by PayPal (Please choose “Sending to a friend” so that neither of us incurs a fee) @ robrien4409@gmail.com or by check. If paying by check please PM me and I will share where to mail the check. I may set up a Venmo account, but would prefer not to.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and want to thank Walshjfii, JRHEETER, Consigliere, & ShaneO for all their help in making this event possible.

Go SU!!!
Obie9 & Headmaster9

Last edited:
Obie9-
My crew and I are flying in so we can’t bring coolers or the like. We’ll be in town Thursday night though so we’ll have time to pick up anything at the store that you might need. Just let me know as we get closer to the date.

I’ll Venmo you 7*58 +7*20 + 30 (1 parking pass) = 576.

If it turns out you need the parking pass for someone else, no sweat, just pay me back at the tailgate.

Florange44 (George)

Obie9-
My crew and I are flying in so we can’t bring coolers or the like. We’ll be in town Thursday night though so we’ll have time to pick up anything at the store that you might need. Just let me know as we get closer to the date.

I’ll Venmo you 7*58 +7*20 + 30 (1 parking pass) = 576.

If it turns out you need the parking pass for someone else, no sweat, just pay me back at the tailgate.

Florange44 (George)
Sounds good. I currently only have PayPal. I'll probably set up a Venmo account this weekend.

If you ask me, putting 7 people in one car, is just as good as bringing anything from a store. It conserves parking passes as they appear to be like gold. We are only getting 15 with our current ticket buy. I'm still working the ticket rep for additional parking passes, but I think it's out of his hands. I'll know more once I'm able to purchase the parking passes, which I think are being made available in the middle of July.

Looking forward to meeting you, although I'm sure we have met at some time.
Obie9 (Rich)

I can bring food/coolers as needed. I don't have a ton of space, but happy to help in any way. Others in my group may have extra space as well. LGO!
Awesome, we may ask about help as we start to figure out who is bringing what. I feel weird saying this, but for now, the best way to help is to meet your group at a hotel or grocery store parking lot and pack as many people as you can fit into a car.

Parking passes appear to be like gold and I really don't want anyone from our group to have to find other parking alternatives, but unless I can get a few additional passes when they go on sale, some may have to find parking a few blocks away or use the shuttle system to get to our tailgate.

We will keep everyone updated.
Obie9 (Rich)

Awesome, we may ask about help as we start to figure out who is bringing what. I feel weird saying this, but for now, the best way to help is to meet your group at a hotel or grocery store parking lot and pack as many people as you can fit into a car.

Parking passes appear to be like gold and I really don't want anyone from our group to have to find other parking alternatives, but unless I can get a few additional passes when they go on sale, some may have to find parking a few blocks away or use the shuttle system to get to our tailgate.

We will keep everyone updated.
Obie9 (Rich)
We are staying about 45 min out, so we will be able to pack into cars for sure. Thanks for setting this up and keep me posted with whatever you need. LGO

Update: I received a call from our ticket representative today, and there will be a limited number of individual parking passes for sale in the IM lot. He was not sure of the exact date the passes would be available for purchase, but said it would be sometime in July. He mentioned the parking passes will go fast and I will provide a link as the date approaches.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Thanks Obie9
My wife and I will be attending the tailgate,I will gladly pick up anything you need ,hot dogs ,hamburgers,rolls etc.We will be driving and staying in Crawfordville just let me know.

Take this with a grain of salt. There is a parking garage on the corner of 3rd and McCutcheon that our family used last year on weekends and family weekend that was free to park in. We attended the Nebraska game last year with our son. It is just south of the IM area (which is a big intramural field iirc), but it's a fair hike to the game from that area. I wouldn't want to lug tailgate gear from there to wherever the tailgate ends up, but it might be an option for those looking to park on campus.

Take this with a grain of salt. There is a parking garage on the corner of 3rd and McCutcheon that our family used last year on weekends and family weekend that was free to park in. We attended the Nebraska game last year with our son. It is just south of the IM area (which is a big intramural field iirc), but it's a fair hike to the game from that area. I wouldn't want to lug tailgate gear from there to wherever the tailgate ends up, but it might be an option for those looking to park on campus.
Hopefully the parking issues have been resolved and everyone will be able to park in the IM lot. Will keep this in mind though if someone is unable to get a pass. I was told yesterday, that I would be able to get a few more than what I was initially offered.

If you have any other ideas or thoughts, we would love to hear them. I don't think anyone helping to organize the tailgate has ever been to Purdue. I'm hoping the IM lot allows us to spread out a little, so that people can play corn hole, toss a football around, etc.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

The IM lots will be in that giant grass intrumural area, so should be easy to setup tailgating activities. The downside to that location is that it is pretty far from the campus proper for those that want to explore the campus. I don't recall traffic to that area being all that difficult to navigate. 65 has been under contruction around Northern Indianapolis to West LaFayette for the last year+. Coming from Indy, we always got off on 52 and came in that way. Far less congested traffic wise.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of summer and not thinking about fall weather or the start of the football season. Unfortunately, summer always goes by fast and the football season will be here before you know it. Purdue is our first road game of the season, and is 12-weeks from today.

I've purchased 60 tickets with 53 being held for those who had expressed interest. I have the ability to purchase up to 100 tickets, but I believe the window will be closing as it is family weekend and they are anticipating a large crowd. I have heard from people who may or may not need tickets but plan on attending the tailgate. I would like to get a better idea of the number of tickets I need so that we can focus on the other aspects of the tailgate as many have reached out who are willing to help. Still looking for confirmation from a few groups.

I've bolded those who have confirmed their numbers, and colored those who have paid. Payment can be made by PayPal (Please choose “Sending to a friend” so that neither of us incurs a fee) @ robrien4409@gmail.com or by check. If paying by check please PM me and I will share where to mail the check. I have not set up a Venmo account, and would prefer not to. If one of these two payment methods do not work for you, please private message me and we can work something out. I'm hoping to have payments by July 23.

Go SU!!!
Obie9 & Headmaster9

Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of summer and not thinking about fall weather or the start of the football season. Unfortunately, summer always goes by fast and the football season will be here before you know it. Purdue is our first road game of the season, and is 12-weeks from today.

I've purchased 60 tickets with 53 being held for those who had expressed interest. I have the ability to purchase up to 100 tickets, but I believe the window will be closing as it is family weekend and they are anticipating a large crowd. I have heard from people who may or may not need tickets but plan on attending the tailgate. I would like to get a better idea of the number of tickets I need so that we can focus on the other aspects of the tailgate as many have reached out who are willing to help. Still looking for confirmation from a few groups.

I've bolded those who have confirmed their numbers, and colored those who have paid. Payment can be made by PayPal (Please choose “Sending to a friend” so that neither of us incurs a fee) @ robrien4409@gmail.com or by check. If paying by check please PM me and I will share where to mail the check. I have not set up a Venmo account, and would prefer not to. If one of these two payment methods do not work for you, please private message me and we can work something out. I'm hoping to have payments by July 23.

Go SU!!!
Obie9 & Headmaster9
Just saw you are asking for payment. Sent mine to you. Thanks much for taking this on!

Noticed I originally typed say instead of saw as the second word of this post. Apologies for that.

Last edited:

Go SU!!!
Obie9 & Headmaster9
confirm 2 for SUbear

Still waiting for confirmation from Cuseblood44, & CuyahogaCuse.

If anyone else is interested in attending the game, I have plenty of tickets available at the discounted rate. If I still have a bunch of tickets at the end of next week, I will be returning them to Purdue and releasing the seats that are on hold as I will be billed for the unused tickets on July 15th.

Last edited:
If anyone else is interested in attending the game, I have plenty of tickets available at the discounted rate. Everyone below has confirmed. I'm hoping to have payments by July 23, so we can begin to plan the menu and drinks.

JasonB: 6
Corpjet: 2
PeteT: 2
AndyB: 4
Orangesox44: 2

Last edited:
If anyone else is interested in attending the game, I have plenty of tickets available at the discounted rate. Everyone below has confirmed. I'm hoping to have payments by July 23, so we can begin to plan the menu and drinks.

JasonB: 6
Corpjet: 2
PeteT: 2
With my 9 I have a total of 762 for tickets, tailgates and two parking passes. Does that look correct?

That sounds correct if everyone is drinking adult beverages. Deduct $5 per person for those only drinking soda & water.

That sounds correct if everyone is drinking adult beverages. Deduct $5 per person for those only drinking soda & water.
I actually just had one drop out. Hope that isn’t a huge issue. If it is let me know. I will be amending to 8 tickets and tailgates and still 2 parking passes. Collecting money now. Will PayPal when I get it. Thanks again.

I apologize for the delay, but I’ve had a difficult time securing parking for this game. I have already purchased 60 tickets at a discounted group rate and have the ability to purchase up to 100, with all seats grouped together. If you responded with your intent to attend in the past, please see the list at the end of this post. If you are not on that list and are interested in participating in the group tickets and/or tailgate, please post the number of tickets needed and tailgate information in this thread.

Obie9 & Headmaster9:
If you still have tickets, I would like 2. If there is room in the Tailgate, we would have one drinker and one non-drinker. Let me know if this is possible, and if so, I can Paypal the payment. Thanks!

I have somehow missed this thread with two out of town weddings and a graduation taking up all my attention this past month.

Spoke to TexanMark last weekend. We are going to up our total to 5, if tickets are still available. My son will be a Purdue freshman and my niece and her husband (wedding #2) are Purdue alums. So please stick us on an end of a row and the Boilerpeople in our party can blend on with the masses.

We’ll still be in orange and still no tailgate as we’ll be zipping into town just prior to kickoff after spending the first half of the day at Illinois Wesleyan watching our other son play for Wheaton. So … if a parking pass is still available, we’ll take one of those as well.

I’ll DM to settle up on the $$$.

If anyone else is interested in attending the Purdue game, I have the ability to get additional tickets at the discounted rate. Everyone below has confirmed and if you are in orange, I've received your payment. I'm hoping to have all numbers finalized & payments by July 23.

Many groups have graciously offered to help with bringing equipment and food. Thank you!! The more help, the more items we can bring (cocktail tables, corn hole boards, canopies). JR & I will be reaching out to those who have offered at the end of July & early August. If you are able to bring items like ice, water, soda, beer, plates, food, etc. I will reimburse at the tailgate, just let me know what I owe.

*** I will be purchasing parking as well as any additional tickets that are needed on July 18. I would love to have all payments in by that date.... if possible (I did previous give the 23rd as the final date, but was just told by our ticket representative that the July 18 is the day parking will be made available, and not to wait, as it will sell quickly). As a result, I plan on making that the last opportunity to get tickets.***

A big thank you for all the groups that have paid.

Domedog84: 8