Class of 2024 - QB Brendan Zurbrugg (OH) Flipped to Oklahoma | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Brendan Zurbrugg (OH) Flipped to Oklahoma

Not really. I hoped to be the @1 qb in this class and we turn around and get a 4 star days later. Good luck to him. Also good news for him, the other site just gave him 5 stars.
time will tell but this kid looked good. Oh well ill get to watch him when im in Evanston

Liked his film and thought he could be a good QB at this level, especially in the right system.

Very tough to recruit B10 territory when a kid has other offers.

I think he’s going to be good. It’s disappointing. Willams might be good too. We need a lot of good players in order to be the program we’d like to be, so this is a loss. Pat Fitzgerald will make a kid like this into a solid B10 player.

I wish "Z" well BUT I don't like the way he backed off his CUSE commitment.
He said he felt comfortable at Syracuse. Said he wanted to play for the coaches.
We get a commitment from Jakhari and poof... I'm outta here.
No..."thank you to Coach Babers and Coach Beck..." After talking it over with my family... nothing.
"I'm flipping my commitment to Northwestern."
Classy...

Im Out GIF

I’m not hung up on it. He was a good prospect, but you can’t fault someone for leaving for a better chance at playing time.

I don't doubt that he says that he wants to be closer to home. But, it sure looks like he was fine with us bringing in another quarterback, so long as that quarterback wasn't better than him or ranked higher than him.

I think he’s going to be good. It’s disappointing. Willams might be good too. We need a lot of good players in order to be the program we’d like to be, so this is a loss. Pat Fitzgerald will make a kid like this into a solid B10 player.
Will he tho? Fitz has been really bad the last two years.

people dogging the kid, he probably saw all the QBs we were bringing in this month and felt pressured to commit on his visit even though the Northwestern offer he received right before his visit would keep him in Big 10 country, which is what he wants. Sucks, but it is what it is

I'm not sure why this kid reneged on his commitment after a week, but it seems to scream that he doesn't want to compete against a higher ranked player. If this is the case, good riddance and we are lucky to have found this out early rather than later. Football is arguably the most competitive of sports.

Will he tho? Fitz has been really bad the last two years.
yep, guy is a good coach for sure, but they have been bad the last two years, especially last year, losing back to back to Southern Illinois and Miami(OH). The ineptitude of arrogant Frost kept them from going 0-12. Worst offense this side of Iowa last year too.

Recruiting is wilddddd. If there was a QB to lose I would’ve rather lost this one instead of the kid from GA. Wish we had both but is what it is!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom