Class of 2021 - QB Carlos Del Rio Wilson (GA) Transferring from Florida to Syracuse | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Carlos Del Rio Wilson (GA) Transferring from Florida to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going by what I saw first hand in the Dome during the spring game.
Spring game is a glorified practice. They ran the same 10 plays over and over again. We shouldnt be taking too much good or bad from that game. The team had 2 unpublicized scrimmages that were much more intense than that.

I mean what’s not to like about this off-season right now other than OL still settling out and Lamson’s injury? This is a huge pickup and we finally have a QB room with multiple options to start, a QB coach and OC who are known to produce good QB’s and a really solid looking QB commit for the next class? Loving this.

I mean what’s not to like about this off-season right now other than OL still settling out and Lamson’s injury? This is a huge pickup and we finally have a QB room with multiple options to start, a QB coach and OC who are known to produce good QB’s and a really solid looking QB commit for the next class? Loving this.
Good points, but still no DT transfer or JUCO.

Yeah the off season was more than a home run. More like a walk off grand slam in game 7 of the World Series. I’m really not worried about o-line. I think we have some dudes and depth there which we haven’t had in awhile. I also think we have a REALLY good coach there too which we haven’t had in awhile and that goes a longgggg way. To be honest I’m most worried about D-Line which I think we have a lot of talent but it’s young, unproven talent. Luckily I think we also have a strong coach there too, to get the most out of this guys. Is this Syracuse football we are talking about? Lolol

Man has Dino really turned it up this off season

As a Prospect​

247SPORTS COMPOSITE®​

Was interesting looking at other top 50 QB's from that list that we recruited out of HS. While Riley Leonard is the favorite to start at Duke, Mclaughlin transferred to Jacksonville State and Costelli to Troy. FWIW, Del Rio-Wilson was rated higher than all 3 coming out of HS.
Having said that, I still want to see Lamson come back and compete for the job. I'm a sucker for guys who chose us out of HS and feel loyalty towards them.

Last edited:
E06D3C7A-F49A-4DD5-AC44-6747DEEF2A0B.jpeg

♫If you're happy and you know it clap your hands♫

Agree. But some of it might just be this new era we are in.

Kids want to play right away. They want to be starters from day one. They are not patient. They want what is best for them.

Florida had a big competition for the starting QB job. One kid won. The 2 other contenders both went into the portal.

You almost have to have 4 QBs going into a season to have a chance to have 2 left for the year after. The ones that do not play are likely going to transfer. This is true to some extent at all positions, but more so at QB than anywhere else.

It is great we got a player who made the Elite 11 finals and was ranked the 5th best QB in his class. From all accounts, he has a really strong arm and great touch. I think he can run and buy time and get some first downs but is probably more of a pass first guy than Shrader and Villari.

The battle for the starting position this fall is going to be one of the big stories in the ACC going into the fall. We are fortunate we have a scheme in place at Syracuse that has proven it is capable of producing NFL QBs. As well as an OC and QB coach who have produced several NFL QBs. This is what kids want. A system where they can show what they can do, where if they do well, they have a chance to get drafted and play in the NFL. And a place where they have a realistic chance to win a starting job. As Jake noted, Coach Anae and Coach Beck have a ace up their sleeve with their history of using 2 QBs concurrently. Even if you don’t win the starting job, you have a good chance of getting a lot of PT and still having a chance to throw some passes and showcase your talents.

I can tell you this: ACC DCs are not happy about having to switch from defending a Gilbert run scheme with Devito at QB to an Anae run scheme with multiple legit QBs who can throw and run. It is going to be a lot harder to stop the Syracuse offense now.

Love it.
The one thing that SU could somewhat control that would make us competitive was to hire better coaches.
First up was Coach White and what a difference he has made. Next was our OL coach. Same thing. Now we add an OC, QBc, WR, and Special teams coach. Each on a significant upgrade and BAM its a miracle good things start to happen.
Coaches matter. They attract better talent, coach players up, and have the ability to game plan and beat teams with superior talent.
This is arguably on paper the best coaching staff since Mac was here.
As to our new QB . Unbelievable!

I’m not convinced Villari wasn’t intended for another position the begin with. Prototype TE size and big time athlete.
I visited with him after the scrimmage. He is huge. Refrigerator huge.

I visited with him after the scrimmage. He is huge. Refrigerator huge.
His HS video, once he’s past the line of scrimmage is everything you’d want to see athleticism wise out of a pass catching tight end. Kid’s an athletic freak for his size.

He’s basically Nick Provo’s size as a senior now.

Now we can chant “WWWWWIIIIIILLLLLLLSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!” Maybe Schrader becomes the Swiss Army knife and Wilson is the dual threat???

Attachments

• F2CF2AF4-38A8-447E-80DD-609B365C2C05.jpeg
    F2CF2AF4-38A8-447E-80DD-609B365C2C05.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 71
Wow, this kid can play. He ended up redshirting last year at UF, so he has 4 years available. I believe SU offered him back in 2019 when he was a sophomore at McEachern.

Carlos was a 4 star. He is from Powder Springs, GA and was at 3 powerhouse football high schools before heading to UF. He started out and played for McEachern which is a school we play in our Region. Then he was at Grayson (Loganville, GA). He finished up high school at Cartersville (juwt up the road from me and same school as Trevor Lawrence).

Hope he plays.. plays well... and stays. Either way this makes the QB room better and more competitive.

Go Cuse!

Who cares?

Add the best talent you can, and let the chips fall where they may.

Yep, that is the way the game is played. Kids can leave anytime they want now. It's a 2 way street

Status
Not open for further replies.