Class of 2020 - QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20)

Since his brother has committed to Teas State, this may actually be a factor to attract the QB to Texas St.

Does he want to continue to play with his brother? Did SU ever consider offering the brother as well?

Is blood thicker than water?

Since his brother has committed to Teas State, this may actually be a factor to attract the QB to Texas St.

Does he want to continue to play with his brother? Did SU ever consider offering the brother as well?

Is blood thicker than water?
He visited Texas State. No offer.
Some one posted that the Brother already signed an NLI with Texas St.

Seems like 2 options here, either we did the kid a solid and offered him so he could grab some attention to some TX schools, or he's already committed to SU or planning to. I'm going with the latter. Also, very possible that SU is working out a plan for the brother, not sure his LOI is a huge deal as he likely wouldn't be playing this year anyway, so let him transfer over and sit this year out as a PWO with a non-football scholly. Or maybe Texas State will let him out of his LOI since he's gone anyway and they knew the 2 wanted to play together from the start.

I stumbled across two articles from Dallas area news outlets that both said or indicated his lack of recruiting interest was rather bizarre. I figure these writers know football to. He may have also led the entire State of Texas in passing this season to which is crazy. I really can’t wait to hear some of the back story.

If nothing else he has to be as good as some of recent walkons we’ve had; Welch, Hassan or even Mahoney - though Mahoney was pretty good. Or even some of the scholarship players we’ve had like Kimble, Austin Wilson or the lefty. He’s got to at a minimum be in that group and able to be add good quality depth.

nah...it's pretty overwhelming. You can name me 20 more names, and it's still an overwhelming exception.
Its not if you look at the NFL and the CFL there are as many unknowns as High Star HS kids who end up making both leagues.

Its not if you look at the NFL and the CFL there are as many unknowns as High Star HS kids who end up making both leagues.

Not accurate in the NFL. There are very few NFL players that were unknowns in HS.

Going to be REALLY interesting now to see what other schools follow SU’s lead. I’d like to think HCDB had the ability to say to this kid, “We’ll offer if you’re prepared to accept right away.” No way we want this to be in the table until NLI day.
Can he sign? If not, he can commit and decommit every day

Not accurate in the NFL. There are very few NFL players that were unknowns in HS.
Sorry. I didnt mean unknowns. I meant QBs who were not highly recruited.

I would spend two scholarships to get this kid. Since this staff has really only landed 1 QB in 3 years, they have zero room for error, as we all know.

If that means going all in and offering his brother as well...do it. And if that kid already signed with TSU, then offer to assist with the transfer if he can’t get out of his LOI.

DinoBabers CoachfZXLx9jycZpx.jpg

I would spend two scholarships to get this kid. Since this staff has really only landed 1 QB in 3 years, they have zero room for error, as we all know.

If that means going all in and offering his brother as well...do it. And if that kid already signed with TSU, then offer to assist with the transfer if he can’t get out of his LOI.

Tampering. That's the ticket

Lol. Now that I think about it, you’re probably right. Well hopefully his brother didn’t sign.

Unless I’m not understanding, isn’t it posted above that his brother signed with Texas State?

Hey, it's a feature by Jonah Jivad, formerly of Channel 2 in Buffalo!

Ov finished and no word. Will see how it plays out. 10 days to nli 2-5.

Did anyone hear if anyone else was actually up at SU on a ov not just from a previous tweeter feed?