Class of 2020 - QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20)

PWO or Scholarship?
With absolutely no inside info, I'd have to think scholly. We have little depth at QB, and I'm sure they have a certain number of scholarships allotted for QB's.
1579919768533.gif

With absolutely no inside info, I'd have to think scholly. We have little depth at QB, and I'm sure they have a certain number of scholarships allotted for QB's. View attachment 175806
The other two names floating around (Williams and MacPhal) made similar posts and haven’t committed. Need a Bailey interview to confirm.

Look at the schools including SU that missed on our star bballer Hughes. It happens. Also i follow NDSU and the top teams in their division. There are a ton of players at multiple positions including QB that we would be thrilled to have. Heck Welch looked really good this year. If the coaches like this kid im all in.

This would be more accurate if Hughes played at Montverde and ended up with only a single offer to Siena.

His name reminds me of one of the founders of Facebook, which has been pretty successful. I say sign him up.

So based on him being second string until this year could that have kept him off enough school's radar hence the fact he might fall into our laps?

And yet not a single Pac team offered him, his choices came down to Harvard or SU. He was picked up extremely late in that years recruiting cycle. He was recruited to sit for his first year, yet due to injury was playing and our starter his freshman year. I fail to see how you think he was not overlooked by all the coaching experts out on the left coast.

I failed to read where I made that statement. You missed the point.

We all know Rex Culepper is a capable QB. When you compare the HS film, Markiewicz’s film looks as good if not better than Rex’s. When comparing their film I have to believe Markiewicz can play at this level.

Last edited:
Going to be REALLY interesting now to see what other schools follow SU’s lead. I’d like to think HCDB had the ability to say to this kid, “We’ll offer if you’re prepared to accept right away.” No way we want this to be in the table until NLI day.

Going to be REALLY interesting now to see what other schools follow SU’s lead. I’d like to think HCDB had the ability to say to this kid, “We’ll offer if you’re prepared to accept right away.” No way we want this to be in the table until NLI day.
Would not be surprised if he mulls it over on way home and then commits

Hopefully he commits before he leaves campus and then signs. I don’t want another Zach Allen where he commits and a bigger Texas school comes in at the last minute and he flips.

I haven’t read everything about this kid so forgive me if this was previously mentioned here, but apparently his family has two sets of twin boys. That’s pretty cool.