Class of 2015 - QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone (Anomander?) said that there was something going on academically with the school he came from? That means he didn't screw us, I think.

I believe there was an academic issue about as much as I believe in the tooth fairy.

AJ certainly showed he has an adequate arm - and is very accurate. Sure, he made a lot of freshmen mistakes, but he was pressed into service before he was ready. He looked to me as if he had plenty of upside - certainly enough to be a good ACC QB. I wouldn't write these kids off too soon.

AJ certainly showed he has an adequate arm - and is very accurate. Sure, he made a lot of freshmen mistakes, but he was pressed into service before he was ready. He looked to me as if he had plenty of upside - certainly enough to be a good ACC QB. I wouldn't write these kids off too soon.
In my unscientific opinion, I think he has the most upside of any of our current QB's.

In my unscientific opinion, I think he has the most upside of any of our current QB's.
Whaddya mean - you're a doctor for Pete's sake!
In my layman's opinion, I agree.

Definitely like his film better than Hale's. Looks like Kimble, but with a better arm/release

Definitely like his film better than Hale's. Looks like Kimble, but with a better arm/release

I do too. It's interesting that ESPN said his throwing motion needs work, almost a sidearm delivery sometimes but I didn't see that.

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 49m49 minutes ago
Syracuse 2015 QB target Eric Dungey will take an official visit to SU this week, per @bartonsimmons: http://bit.ly/1t5KzBz

FREE ARTICLE...

Syracuse will host QB this week
66 minutes ago
Three-star dual-threat quarterback Eric Dungey tells 24/7Sports that he has been offered by Syracuse and that he will take an official visit this week to see the program.
The offer came on Friday and Dungey leaves on Tuesday for his official visit. At 6-4, 195 pounds, Dungey is an athletic quarterback that has been a standout on both the football field and the basketball court. He currently holds other offers from the likes of Nevada, UNLV, Air Force and Harvard.
Dungey is ranked by 24/7Sports well above the industry's 24/7Sports Composite as a three-star, the No. 22 dual-threat quarterback in the nation and the No. 1 player in the state of Oregon. Dungey hails from Lake Oswego (Ore.) Lakeridge.

I like what I have seen from this kid. Surprised he doesn't have more offers. I think we should take him. Our current QB situation looks like this: AJ Kimble and Wilson all have 3 seasons of eligibility left. If Edouard comes in January, they can redshirt him next season and there will be two seasons of separation between him and the existing QB's. Dungey looks like a good fit. Let the best man win. I really think one of our existing RF QB's will transfer. Hale, looks like he could play another position if QB doesn't work out.

Lester would not have offered if it wasn't a serious possibility. And I don't think Dungey would fly cross country if it was a mild interest.
Agreed and he is doing so within 4 days of getting the offer. His mom is making the cross country trip with him too

Wonder why Oregon st isn't interested. (Also to lazy to look up their commits and depth)

Wonder why Oregon st isn't interested. (Also to lazy to look up their commits and depth)
already have 1 QB committed this season and 2 last season. maybe numbers.

RF2044 said:
Does anyone have any insight from game film? Is this guy legit?

I'm def not an expert. But if AJ is known for "free styling" - then this guy fits that same mold. Really inconsistent footwork, but one of those guys who remains accurate throwing off his back foot, or side arm, or whatever is needed (at least vs high school talent in Oregon). Tall and lanky - looks like Foles from the Eagles - but moves better.

My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.