Class of 2024 - QB Evans Chuba (CN/FL) Verbal to Washington State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Evans Chuba (CN/FL) Verbal to Washington State

Hell yes. Bergeron and Alford, particularly Bergeron, have paid off to say the least
Also I really think that the safety Labrosse would have turned out really nicely had he stayed at Syracuse. But he left for reasons unknown. Well publicly unknown to the board I should say. I’m sure there are some here that likely know why.

Looks like he was a first team all Canadian in his first year playing corner at McGill at 6’-2” and 190 lbs. Looks like he played in 8 games and had 35 tackles and 3 interceptions.

Benjamin Labrosse - Football (M) - McGill University Athletics

Last edited:

Looks like Some member of the SU staff will be in attendance at this camp.

Looks like we have three potential qbs attending over the next several weeks. Figure we may only take one qb this cycle.

Looks like we have three potential qbs attending over the next several weeks. Figure we may only take one qb this cycle.
Only time will tell!

Someone, I think it was Mike McAllister, recently said Syracuse is expected to take 2 HS QBs this cycle.

Makes sense -- with CDRW and the SC transfer in the fold and competing for the job post-Shafer, it would make sense to bring in two younger QBs to redshirt / groom.

And then possibly mine the transfer portal again down the road when needed. Chuba looks like he's got compelling skills, as both a thrower and a runner.

No. Just Love the Caribbean. I’ve lived in Canastota since my wife & I bought a house there in ‘83.
'83! You have to get back to St. Lucia, St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos, somewhere. Your wife secretly wants to go this Christmas.

Makes sense -- with CDRW and the SC transfer in the fold and competing for the job post-Shafer, it would make sense to bring in two younger QBs to redshirt / groom.

And then possibly mine the transfer portal again down the road when needed. Chuba looks like he's got compelling skills, as both a thrower and a runner.
Would love to snag Chuba and the kid from Ohio.

Hi All - Spoke with Evans earlier and he told me he's no longer visiting this weekend.

Hmm... I wonder if that means that the staff is prioritizing other QBs, or whether Chuba isn't as interested in SU as an option.

No offer, no visit. White is the #1 priority at QB. Zurbrugg also just got an offer.
I agree.

Mike McAllister says we want to take two QBs in this class.

Looks like we have offered 3.

Bass
White
Zurbrugg

First two to commit get the scholarships?

White visited last week. Bass is visiting this weekend. Zurbrugg is scheduled to visit next weekend.

If Bass verbals as expected, White knows waiting any longer might mean losing his offer to Syracuse.

Guessing Bass verbals over the weekend and White verbals shortly afterwards.

If he doesn't, we hope Zurbrugg verbals next weekend.

If we don't get 2 by the end of next weekend, maybe Chuba or Zamot get a late offer.

Congrats to Evans. I wish him well at W State. Seems like a good young man. Glad he is getting a chance to play at a high level.