Class of 2022 - QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered

Yeah this is a weird one. It hurts because he's a NY kid that we'd invested a lot of relationship energy into. Symbolically, it's not great to lose on our #1 guy, assuming that's what he was.

But in terms of roster, it's probably not a big deal to whiff on a QB this cycle. Shrader has a lot of eligibility and has shown he can do some things that are interesting. 'Ssippi did enough to make us feel optimistic about him long-term. We have guys in Tex and Lamson developing. It's the most important position on the field, but it's as solid a group of underclassmen scholarship QBs we've had in a long time.

I know there's a big knock on HS Qb recruitment and this staff, (and not that anyone cares what I think) but I loved what I saw from JaCobian Morgan. I think he has huge upside.
I fully agree

Some serious downer bs here. Take it somewhere else

2021: Lamson, CA is on campus, player rating .8552
2022: Belin, NY is going to Duke player rating .8494
That proves it. An online site says .8552 vs .8494. You got me.

You can rationalize it any way you want, but Belin was a top priority and we couldn't land him.

The elephant in the room is, "What happens to Dino if this year goes south?"

Mekhi Mason is not concerned.

Well THERE'S the anecdotal that proves the empirical.

I'm glad we're landing the guys that we're landing, but I don't think that we're in any sense punching above our weight when it comes to recruiting. I just think that the tenuous status of our HC inevitably weighs on the minds of recruits. How could it not?

That proves it. An online site says .8552 vs .8494. You got me.
Ain’t you the guy telling us about stars all the time?

Also, Lamson doesn’t have to have better numbers to prove the point. We missed out on a kid who has similar talent than the guy we just recruited here successfully from somewhere even though you said we can’t get kids from anywhere

This happens to every HC every year outside of 3-4 programs
No, it doesn't. It happens to every HC whose future as HC is less than certain b/c the program is struggling.

I'm not being critical. It just seems obvious to me that that's where we are. It's not easy being SU in the current college football landscape, and I understand that.

3 yrs old my daughter drew her first picture independently (not scribbles) with no help or prompting having ever done it before

know what she drew?

F’n Otto!
Yes! Whats wrong with my kids? I have two 6-year olds ...one of whom draws all day ...and not one Otto!!!

No, it doesn't. It happens to every HC whose future as HC is less than certain b/c the program is struggling.

I'm not being critical. It just seems obvious to me that that's where we are. It's not easy being SU in the current college football landscape, and I understand that.
No one gets their top guys at every position group outside of Bama and Clemson.

I agree with you that Syracuse is a tough place to recruit to - just don’t think we’re alone in missing out on our top target at QB or any other position

Love the optimism and I hope your right but personally I don't see it. This feels like a 3-5 win team with to many issues that carry over year to year and will probably be an issue again ie lack of depth, bad penalties, undisciplined play, horrific clock management, inability to stop the run etc. Hoping I am wrong but I suspect this is likely the last hurrah for Dino barring at least a .500 season.
When you speak of a hot seat, that tells me you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about, at least in relation to this. He looked at the depth chart, he looked at academics and he looked at coach Cutcliffe. I also belive he was truly viewed developmentally as well, wanted yes, however not promised anything. Go Dino.

When you speak of a hot seat, that tells me you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about, at least in relation to this. He looked at the depth chart, he looked at academics and he looked at coach Cutcliffe. I also belive he was truly viewed developmentally as well, wanted yes, however not promised anything. Go Dino.

Um I think you responded to the wrong post, I Don't see any mention about a hot seat.

It's Duke unfortunately, Dino being on the hot seat is killing recruiting right now and the lack of success isn't going unnoticed in the ADs office. First month will likely decide whether he's fired or not
Did you forget what you wrote.

Did you forget what you wrote.

That wasn't the post you quoted originally, second Dinos job security is absolutely hurting recruiting feel free to ask Money or anyone else connected with recruiting. If you don't believe it is I don't know what to tell you.

What’s the average tenure of a D1 football coach these days? Six? Seven years? All recruits at every program should be wondering who they will be playing for. It’s a crapshoot.

And so, this thread devolves into a riveting "you misread what I said" argument.
Some QB will blow up this fall and we'll have much less competition for him - just like Dillon and Jacob.

He could have just picked Duke based on academics and nothing else.

Didn’t we beat Duke by like 40 two years ago?

Yeah this is a weird one. It hurts because he's a NY kid that we'd invested a lot of relationship energy into. Symbolically, it's not great to lose on our #1 guy, assuming that's what he was.

But in terms of roster, it's probably not a big deal to whiff on a QB this cycle. Shrader has a lot of eligibility and has shown he can do some things that are interesting. 'Ssippi did enough to make us feel optimistic about him long-term. We have guys in Tex and Lamson developing. It's the most important position on the field, but it's as solid a group of underclassmen scholarship QBs we've had in a long time.
I'm happier than I have been in a long time with the QB room right now. Have TD who is what he is, Schrader who has some exciting potential and then 3 legit 50/50 coin flips. If TD was a tier better, this would be the absolute ideal QB situation for us.

I think the problem that I see arising is that Devito does enough to start all year and eat up 90% or more of the snaps and then leaves after the year since it is year 5 on campus for him. Atleast one of the 3 freshman is pretty much certain to bail out once they realize they are 3rd in a 3 man race. Really need to hold onto whoever the #2 guy is. That knocks us down to 3 guys heading into next year with none of them ever doing anything in our offense. May seem a bit doomsday but is what I imagine to be the most likely scenario this year.

That's why I think it's a big miss. Goes without saying that 5 months from now we'll all be excited by whatever "underrated" guy that takes this slot in the class and talk ourselves into him being better than Belin anyway.

What’s the average tenure of a D1 football coach these days? Six? Seven years? All recruits at every program should be wondering who they will be playing for. It’s a crapshoot.
I asked the question, then knew I had to look it up myself. This chart comes from a site called BannerSociety.com and from an article titled:

Your college football team’s new head coach will probably be gone within 4 years

933C79EF-DA80-44D0-B0C8-ECD6F099EAD8.jpeg

I think we are good to go at the QB spot. Lets add some OL and Skill guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom