Class of 2016 - QB Jarrett Collins (RI) Visiting | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Jarrett Collins (RI) Visiting

http://www.qbhitlist.com/user-profile/?userid=7582

Scouting Report for Jarrett Collins

SIZE:
Jarrett has very good size for a 2016 Pro Style Qb at 6'2", 185 lbs. He's able to stand within the pocket and look beyond the line of scrimmage to locate his receivers. Nice tall platform to throw from, with proper ball positioning, giving his throws added height upon release. He shows good strength on his throws with a strong delivery.
ACCURACY:
His throws are made with good anticipation and timing of his receivers routes. He does a nice job getting the ball to his intended targets, allowing for them to make a play on the ball. He demonstrates precision passing on the short and intermediate routes but the ball loses a bit of its sharpness on his deeper throws.
ARM STRENGTH:
He's able to get the ball up and over the defenders without an issues of not enough strength. His passing includes high velocity throws that make it into the secondary's tight windows of space within zone coverage. His intermediate throws get to the receivers quickly and he makes the proper adjustments to the speed of the ball as he prepares for a softer toss.
RELEASE:
Jarrett has an over the top delivery with a three quarter release. This allows for the ball to get out of his hand quickly very little wasted time. He shows good footwork and a balanced stride as he sets up for delivery. He can work to extend his arm motion to give him a more fluid release.
THROW ON THE RUN: He has very impressive speed as he works his way to the outside of the pocket. His throws on the run include increased forward momentum, generating good speed on the ball as it reaches its target.
FOOTWORK:
He's a very athlete quarterback on the field who can make plays while on the run. He shows the ability to extend plays and keep them alive by escaping the pass rush and shifting in either direction. Solid footwork on his drop-backs and good mobility moving laterally.
POISE:
Jarrett has very good awareness of the incoming defensive front, but can escape safely, searching for newly created passing lanes.
POCKET PRESENCE:
His ability to sense traffic around him is a good quality to have while under pressure. Jarrett remains focused and calm when the pocket breaks down and continues to find his best option receiver.
DECISION MAKING:
He's very decisive with his throws, making quick hitting passing throughout the entire field. He does a nice job going from his primary to his secondary receivers and by locating his outlet targets. He can sometimes throw the ball into tight coverage, giving the defender a chance to make a play on the ball.
TOUCH:
Jarrett makes throws that include good trajectory and soft touches. He can work this skill in all levels of the playing field, tossing the ball slightly over defenders on the deep routes and by taking a little bit more off the ball on the short and intermediate routes.

Areas for Improvement:
(ARM RELEASE)(DECISION MAKING)

Interesting he's listed there as 6-2...I've seen him mostly listed as 6-0, so I guess he must have had a recent spurt.

Not listed on ESPN, Rivals or S*out... Where'd this 3 star come from? I'm a 3-star QB too, recruit me!

Onward for sure.

Not listed on ESPN, Rivals or S*out... Where'd this 3 star come from? I'm a 3-star QB too, recruit me!

Onward for sure.

Huh, didn't catch that. Yikes.

Onward for sure.

QBHitList is a premium recruiting site just for QBs and this is their ranking. Oh and have you forgotten Womack...no offers, no ranking, nada from ESPN, Rovals or Skowt . This is why these kids turn to these services.

Last edited:
QBHitList is a premium recruiting site just for QBs and this is their ranking. Oh and have you forgotten Womack...no offers, no ranking, nada from ESPN, Rovals or Skowt . This is why these kids turn to these services.

I would rather a kid with 25 offers and a 4-star rating on every service than trying to uncover under the radar types.

We're in the ACC. Not the MAC.

Kid could be all world. Kid could be a dud. Who knows until four years from now, honestly. But I'd still rather go after kids that other schools are after.

I would rather a kid with 25 offers and a 4-star rating on every service than trying to uncover under the radar types.

Kid could be all world. Kid could be a dud. Who knows until four years from now, honestly. But I'd still rather go after kids that other schools are after.
Totally agree with your statement. It's getting old taking these under the radar kids and going 3 - 9, 4 - 8 and maybe 8 -5 every so often. Give me 3-star and above recruits and go from there. Save the 2-stars for the MAC, ODU and Stony Brook...even though a few pan out to be studs and we all know who they are and were.

Who says the coaching staff isn't going after the type of prospects you mention. Check the list of QBs offered. But this is recruiting you are always looking for talent.

Totally agree with your statement. It's getting old taking these under the radar kids and going 3 - 9, 4 - 8 and maybe 8 -5 every so often. Give me 3-star and above recruits and go from there. Save the 2-stars for the MAC, ODU and Stony Brook...even though a few pan out to be studs and we all know who they are and were.

Hmmm..Well then I would suggest that you make sure you aren't sitting with the majority of the parents of our 2015 class at games as most of them might take your comments personally. ;)

http://syracusefan.com/threads/the-incoming-class-of-2015.90898/

Taking? what kids are those?

Honestly, it's just a kid coming to camp. We have a lot of kids come to camp who never get offers. This is not a kid I expect to get an offer, particularly since he's '16 and we've already set our sights significantly higher.

Nothing against the kid, but he's just not a high D1 QB.

Kid looks decent but definitely have to set our sights higher. Jek, anything new on the secret QB kid you had mentioned recently? Like, does he now have a name? :)

Kid looks decent but definitely have to set our sights higher. Jek, anything new on the secret QB kid you had mentioned recently? Like, does he now have a name? :)
He certainly has a name. I don't feel comfortable naming him until he makes it publicly known he's open to flipping his commitment, to be honest.

He certainly has a name. I don't feel comfortable naming him until he makes it publicly known he's open to flipping his commitment, to be honest.

Curious, why you won't name this kid, yet have no problem talking openly about flipping Moore, is there a specific reason (like kid or parent request)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom