Class of 2025 - QB Joe Filardi (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/23/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Joe Filardi (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/23/24)

CuseLegacy

2025 QB Joseph Filardi, Half Hollow Hills West HS, Dix Hills, NY

He is an SU Lax commit who visited for both the Lax and Football game yesterday.
VISITED > JOSEPH FILARDI 2025 HALF HOLLOW HILLS WEST HS, DIX HILLS, NY
# 11 QB 6' 1" 184/ 40 NA/ Half Hollow Hills West High School, Class of 2025 6’1 184LB, QB/ATH, 1st Team All State, 2 Sport Athlete, 10 inch hands/ IMO, SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET AN EXCELLENT QB

*NOTE: I NOTICED JOE HAS AN EXCELLENT SET UP AND THROWING MOTION EXPLAINED UNDER ASSETS BELOW

Half Hollow Hills LogoHalf Hollow Hills Central School District Home Page

Chip Parker

Sep 19 2023 11:04 AM
Congratulations to Hills West junior Joseph Filardi on setting school records with seven touchdown passes and 531 yards passing in the football team's 48-33 win over East Islip!

Hills West Quarterback Joseph Filardi Sets School Records
Hills West Quarterback Joseph Filardi Sets School Records

JUNIOR SEASON STATS:http://hudl.com/v/2McGWy( 10 Games ) - 57 Total Touchdowns- 4,420 Total Yards- 44 Passing TDs- 215/347 62% 6 int- 3,337 Yards - 13 Rushing TDs - 120 Rushes 1,083 Yards - Boomer Esiason Winner (Best QB)Long Island Records Broken:- 10 TDs in a game 7 pass 3 rush- 651 All Purpose Yards in a game- 44 Tds passing - 57 Total TDs- Multiple School records broken

images - 2024-04-22T164329.736.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL JUNIOR FILM:

THERE ARE FIVE PHASES TO THROWING THE BALL 1. WIND UP 2. COCKING PITCHING 3. ACCELERATION PITCHING 4. DECELERATION PITCHING 5. FOLLOW THROUGH WITH FULL EXTENSION
HOLDS BALL AT SET UP BY RIGHT PEC ELBOW RELAXED
LEGS PROVIDE GOOD SET UP/BASE
BACK LEG CARRIES 75% of WEIGHT AT THIS POINT PROVIDING GOOD THROWING POSITION FOR ARM
ACCELERATION AND EXTENSION AS BACK HIP TRANSFERS AND ROTATES FORWARD TRANSFERRING WEIGHT TO FRONT LEG
RIGHT HIP ROTATES FORWARD WITH ARM PROVIDING ACCELERATION WITH FULL EXTENSION OVER THE TOP WITH WRIST SNAP

FILARDI PROVIDES PERFECT FORM OF ABOVE ON EVERY THROW - VERY WELL COACHED

HIGH FBIQ
ON FIRST PLAY THROWS 45 YARDS EASILY TO HIS RECEIVER
EXHIBITS ABILITY TO THROW A HIGH ARC BALL ON GO ROUTES, VERY HARD BALL AND TOUCH PASS WHEN PLAY CALLS FOR THEM
VERY ACCURATE
FORTUNATE TO HAVE RECEIVERS WHO CAN CATCH THE BALL
LEADS HIS RECEIVERS WITH EXCELLENT PLACEMENT SO THE BALL IS THERE WHEN THEY ARE
THROWS WELL WHEN RUNNING
ELUSIVE RUNNER, SENSES WHEN HE CAN CARRY THE BALL FOR LARGE GAINS GOOD JUKES AND FAKES WHEN RUNNING - FAST, 40 NA

https://twitter.com/josephfilardi

Last edited by a moderator:

Filardi's primary focus will be on lacrosse, where he is one of Long Island's most coveted recruits.

"I committed here for lacrosse in the fall because of the great coaching staff and the way lacrosse is so valued here," Filardi said. "I felt it was the best fit for me and my family not being so far from home."

No idea how this works scholarship wise.

Assuming he's on a FB schollie.

The NCAA put the kibosh on stashing football players on non-revenue sports teams (Thanks Miami).

He'll miss 2025 LAX Fall Ball, and 2026 Spring FB, I guess.

Hope he can make it work.

I think Scott Schwedes was the last guy who tried to do both, but he wasn't a LAX starter.
Wasn't there a player at Duke or UNC who played both Football and Lacrosse?

Last edited:
I was hoping this would happen.

I think he is the best football player in the state. He has a strong arm. He can make though hard throws over the middle, throw on the run, even in the opposite direction he is moving, he is great at leading receivers on fly routes, you name it, he can throw it. And he is filthy good at running, where he breaks ankles and makes everyone else look like they are in junior high.

He is also the best lacrosse player in the state. And probably the best in the state at ping pong, break dancing, Rubik’s Cube and mahjong.

Just look at his junior highlights. And look at the numbers he put up. He is a real life cheat code.

No idea if it is possible to play both sports at a high level successfully. Not sure anyone has ever done it. Other than Jim Brown.

If anyone can do it in the modern era, it is this guy.

Wasn't there a player at Duke or UNC who played both Football and Lacrosse?

Will Yeatman played both LAX and Tight End at Notre Dame and Maryland.

Xavier Arline played LAX and QB for Navy.

Will Yeatman played both LAX and Tight End at Notre Dame and Maryland.

Xavier Arline played LAX and QB for Navy.
Who was the Maryland lax player who won a Nattie for Ferris State as their QB like 2 years ago?

The NCAA put the kibosh on stashing football players on non-revenue sports teams (Thanks Miami).

If the lax team gives him scholarship money I’m assuming that’s not stashing him but I have no idea.

If the lax team gives him scholarship money I’m assuming that’s not stashing him but I have no idea. I don’t think it’s worth taking up a football ship.

It seems like Fran only posts his Dart/Orange emoji tweet for scholarship player commits. He's only done one tonight, and my guess is that is for Savion Washington. Filardi may not be counting for a fb scholarship

If the lax team gives him scholarship money I’m assuming that’s not stashing him but I have no idea. I don’t think it’s worth taking up a football ship.

Miami used to circumvent the 85 player scholarship limit by putting some of their WR's and DB's on track scholarships. They would play FB and Spring FB, and run a few track meets in between seasons.

The NCAA put a stop to it years ago.

15.5.9 Multisport Participants.
15.5.9.1 Football. [FBS/FCS]
In football, a counter who was recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.9) and/or offered financial aid to participate in football and who participates (practices or competes) in football and one or more sports (including basketball) shall be counted in football. A counter who was not recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.9) and/or offered financial aid to participate in football and who competes in football and one or more sports (including basketball) shall be counted in football.

It seems like Fran only posts his Dart/Orange emoji tweet for scholarship player commits. He's only done one tonight, and my guess is that is for Savion Washington. Filardi may not be counting for a fb scholarship
I’d be surprised if he was a football scholarship.