Class of 2019 - QB Joey Yellen (CA) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Joey Yellen (CA)

Beyond Landan Salem following him on Twitter, is there a hidden connection to Syracuse?

Beyond Landan Salem following him on Twitter, is there a hidden connection to Syracuse?

based on HCDB ties to SoCal I’d assume he knows HS coaches, or could pretty quickly be connected via the network. For example, he’s good friends with the coach at Narbonne. Narbonne is 59 miles from Mission Viejo. it’s a small world.

This kid is the real deal. I hope the coach or coaches see this and see where and if we can get his interest to come visit the Dome.

I would like to see us at least inquire in him. Then peddle to the metal.

If the recruiting people of the team are following him I would assume that means they are at least reaching out at the minimum.

this kid is a heck of a thrower and toss in some intangibles. He’s really good.

Yes. And not sure if he ends up here but this is why you can’t look at someone like Fortin in a vacuum.

Yes. And not sure if he ends up here but this is why you can’t look at someone like Fortin in a vacuum.

People were concerned we haven’t attacked recruiting of the QB position in general. Not that we necessarily lost out on Fortin. He’s a by product of a much larger issue.

People were concerned we haven’t attacked recruiting of the QB position in general. Not that we necessarily lost out on Fortin. He’s a by product of a much larger issue.

Just for you :)

In all seriousness, kid has a sister in NYC and was looking to go somewhere east.

Four star from Texas who originally commits to Baylor, now transfer to an opponent and we will most likely face in two years

There are actually quite a few interesting QB prospects still available who either have not committed or signed today

It’s been a pervasive problem in the program for 20 years. It’s hard to attract top flight recruits here when there is a pecking order. If they want to wait they might as well go to a higher profile program.

It’s been a pervasive problem in the program for 20 years. It’s hard to attract top flight recruits here when there is a pecking order. If they want to wait they might as well go to a higher profile program.

We have an offensive minded coach running a high pace offense. We are scary thin at QB. I don’t know what else to say. Our QB situation isn‘t good. Lots of other schools find ways to have quality depth at QB. I don’t buy that it’s because our 20 yr history says we aren’t good at this so it’ll always be this way.

Just for you :)

In all seriousness, kid has a sister in NYC and was looking to go somewhere east.

Four star from Texas who originally commits to Baylor, now transfer to an opponent and we will most likely face in two years
Nice-Took their staff 3 weeks to do what we haven't in 3 years.