Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So…we have a legit: QB1, RB1, WR1/2/3,TE1, a Villari, and more to come. Ok. I’ll take it. Let’s get that OL beefed up and we’re onto something. Only concern we should have is early season chemistry. Once we get going…damn. Also, an injury to McCord would be a major oof.
Haven’t had a non injured QB in over a decade. Time to beef up that OL

I guess I'm just old fashioned and believe in being respectful of others.
Oh sure, I'm not saying it's the way it should be. I'm just saying I think Axe is not doing anything different than many others in his profession and that is seems unique to our fanbase to have disdain for it.

Fwiw, I'm old fashioned too and prefer to respect others. But we just hired a coach that instructed the fanbase to talk trash. Respect in sports is sometimes different than in other parts of life.

The version of the story I heard (which granted was part speculation of a YouTube documentary) basically suggested Marvin may have pulled strings to protect innocent people where the police were failing
Basically

He was protecting his neighborhood when the police wouldn't

The Mafia always protected their own neighborhood - that's why people felt safe in those neighborhoods, and why in return those neighbors never saw anything.

All I know is, I saw a recent twit pic with Marvin with Jr at a NBA game, and that was the first time I saw a genuinely happy and smiling Marvin.

And it was nice to see.

I'm not from those neighborhoods. I didn't experience that environment.

I won't knock the man considering he still walks free and is respected (possibly feared by some) in Philly

Maybe Axe shouldn't have posted, maybe he got clearance to do so.

The starting QB on a Top 10 team just chose to be at Syracuse; putting energy into any other discussion other than celebrating one of the biggest recruiting wins in ages isn't worth it, people!

5 Star Ohio St QB Kyle McCord is QB1 at Syracuse.

LOL. No Axe just wanted to beat everyone else out for the scoop and the clicks. There were others who already knew who were sitting on the story so the kid could announce it first.
Well, that's on them. What Axe did is called his job. Getting the scoop and getting clicks, that is also called his job. In case any have missed it, if you don't get scoops and clicks, in this environment in the newspaper business, you lose your job. Mike and Donna would have done the same exact thing. Next time you see them, ask them.

McCord puts a massive stabilizer on anything unknown on the O side. We already started grabbing WRs, but I bet our OL and the OL depth comes into clarity now.

A pocket passer that can make quick decisions should be an OL’s dream come true.

Pair this O with a beast of a DL on the other side and if these coaches can coach even a little bit, we should be cooking with gas.

Well, that's on them. What Axe did is called his job. Getting the scoop and getting clicks, that is also called his job. In case any have missed it, if you don't get scoops and clicks, in this environment in the newspaper business, you lose your job. Mike and Donna would have done the same exact thing. Next time you see them, ask them.
On the one hand, I agree with you. On the other hand, I’m glad that’s not my job.

Personally, I’m just not willing to go that far. I need to see the coaching, specifically on offense and see how the roster gels. That stuff matters regardless of talent. OL needs some upgrades if we want to be serious contenders.
Fair enough.
But to be honest, I've had so many years of false hope mired in mediocrity, that I'm gonna soak in a little irrational exuberance for a few months.
We'll find out soon enough if Fran is the real deal on the sidelines. At this point, my expectation level has been raised... exponentially, and so far he has met and surpassed every expectation- staff, recruiting, PR, you name it.
I'm riding this rocket till it blows up. Dammit, we deserve it!

Last edited:
On the one hand, I agree with you. On the other hand, I’m glad that’s not my job.
it all depends on where Axe got the story.

Heard it but didnt confirm it

Talked to the kid

talked to someone who talked to someone

And was he asked to keep it quiet.

Its all part of the job

it all depends on where Axe got the story.

Heard it but didnt confirm it

Talked to the kid

talked to someone who talked to someone

And was he asked to keep it quiet.

Its all part of the job
Yeah I mean - we don’t know the background as to the information flow so we’re all speculating anyway.

Fair enough.
But to be honest, I've had so many years of false hope mired in mediocrity, that I'm gonna soak in a little irrational exuberance for a few months.
We'll find out soon enough if Fran is the real deal on the bench. At this point, my expectation level has been raised... exponentially, and so far he has met and surpassed every expectation- staff, recruiting, PR, you name it.
I'm riding this rocket till it blows up. Dammit, we deserve it!
Exactly. Let's just enjoy the moment and worry about coaching when August rolls around. I haven't been this excited about Syracuse football in 20 years.

So…we have a legit: QB1, RB1, WR1/2/3,TE1, a Villari, and more to come. Ok. I’ll take it. Let’s get that OL beefed up and we’re onto something. Only concern we should have is early season chemistry. Once we get going…damn. Also, an injury to McCord would be a major oof.
Great phrasing. No idea what his true position is, but goddammit, we have one.

Heritage Hill is a major sponsor, so I wonder if this was part of that sponsorship or a nice returning of the favor. Closing the whole brewery on a Saturday right before the holidays must have cost some decent coin!
I'm going to make it a point to come by and give them my business when I'm up there next week for Christmas and thank them for supporting the cause!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom