Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up and down? He completed 66% of his passes for 3500 yards with 24 TDS to 6 INTs.
Not to mention that the B1G folks like to brag that, as a conference, they have the best defenses in college football. KMC didn't rack-up these numbers against the Scriba School for the Blind. Can't have it both ways.

First off , shame on axe for taking away the kids opportunity to announce it himself. Secondly after a night of billy strings at the war memorial, what a great bit of news to wake up to. Let’s go cuse!
When are people going to start attacking the national reporters for breaking these stories?

Yes, that is the rumor out here. McCord wanted his position for next season guaranteed and a raise in NIL funds, which wasn't happening after his up and down performances all year. He is a very good QB, but doesn't have the make-up to be a great one. Best outcome for both schools is this transfer.
If Ohio State were such experts at projecting QB’s they wouldn’t have let the number one pick of the draft who had the greatest college season of all time transfer.

First off , shame on axe for taking away the kids opportunity to announce it himself. Secondly after a night of billy strings at the war memorial, what a great bit of news to wake up to. Let’s go cuse!
So mad I couldn't make it to Billy strings. Was going to order it on nugs and had a family thing I couldn't miss. Ugh

So what are the concerns with McCord’s father? Was he an issue at OSU?
I think McCord's (and his Dad's) concerns amounted to two things.

They wanted a guarantee that McCord would start, and they wanted more NIL guarantees.

Syracuse was willing to give both, OSU wasn't.

Problems solved, in a big way.

McCord is going to be AWESOME

My preference has always been a dual threat QB, which McCord is not. Certainly an upgrade but my concern is look what he had around him to make him that successful. Do we have that...not sure. Fingers crossed.

My guess is they let Axe do this. Gives him a scoop on a big news item that’s great for the casual fans and his listeners. Wildhack knows what he’s doing.
I wonder that too, especially given the time of his report. You can release the info, but not until almost midnight, when it will be somewhat hidden because of the time.

Maybe the staff gave ax the scoop and told him to run with it. One thing these recruiting types are savy about it’s the use of the media to create hype and buzz and push their narrative. I fully expect this staff to work with the media and particularly the recruiting sites.

My preference has always been a dual threat QB, which McCord is not. Certainly an upgrade but my concern is look what he had around him to make him that successful. Do we have that...not sure. Fingers crossed.
If you can get a pass off in 2 seconds with the WR crew we are building... The QB doesn't need to run. We just need those OL to commit.

My guess is they let Axe do this. Gives him a scoop on a big news item that’s great for the casual fans and his listeners. Wildhack knows what he’s doing.
SUAD gave this to Brent? Uh no. This is the guy that asked ADJW who the secret supporters identities were after ADJW said they were confidential. He’s not getting inside scoops. They have 100 other places to sift this info out.

Look at his highlights... He moves well in the pocket, while keeping his eyes upfield. He goes through his progressions and delivers the ball.

McCord isn't going to scramble the second he sees his first choice receiver isn't open. Is that your preference? :rolleyes:

Exactly. Let's just enjoy the moment and worry about coaching when August rolls around. I haven't been this excited about Syracuse football in 20 years.
Agreed, but at the same time, it's premature to make predictions on winning the conference or making the playoff. Whether it's doubting the future or predicting success, neither is enjoying the moment.

If you can get a pass off in 2 seconds with the WR crew we are building... The QB doesn't need to run. We just need those OL to commit.

Get the running game going and he can have a choice of open guys.

Look at his highlights... He moves well in the pocket, while keeping his eyes upfield. He goes through his progressions and delivers the ball.

McCord isn't going to scramble the second he sees his first choice receiver isn't open. Is that your preference? :rolleyes:
He was driving on UM for the win too. He got popped on a pass over the middle and didn’t get enough on it. The rest is history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom