Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My preference has always been a dual threat QB, which McCord is not. Certainly an upgrade but my concern is look what he had around him to make him that successful. Do we have that...not sure. Fingers crossed.
I don’t think we currently have the line for a pro style offense but I also believe that will be addressed. He’s going to have time to throw or we’re not going to be successful and I’m sure the staff knows that.

I’d also add - we’ll have time into the season to continue to gel. Most of the teams we’ll face the early part of the year don’t have FSU defensive lines.

My preference has always been a dual threat QB, which McCord is not. Certainly an upgrade but my concern is look what he had around him to make him that successful. Do we have that...not sure. Fingers crossed.
No thanks I would finally like to see throws downfield to WRs who get separation and don’t drop the ball. We have never really played to a climate controlled Dome.

I don’t think our line is that bad we need a couple adds but they got us 2 wins with no passing threat the CDRW embarrassment was on him and Shrader was just as useless due to injury the 4 weeks prior. You can’t go out and buy 5 new O Lineman anyways. Let’s see how they do Thursday.

Who is our QB gonna be against USF?

Only syracuse fans can have an issue of probably the biggest transfer get in program history by the way its being announced. I mean you cant make this chit up. I dont care if Win Lyle broke the news for gods sake.

SMH

Last edited:
Looks like a whole lot more ups then downs! Of course the buckeye faithful are obsessed with the outcome of the most recent Michigan game
Wasn't just that game, as he was not great against tough competition. Like I said he is very good, but was not a difference maker like some QBs are. There was very little concern when he decided to transfer. He will definitely improve the Cuse though so that is the important thing.

Everyone comparing a McCord to GS or PFF grades. I think it’s important to remember the type of competition that McCord was playing all year was leaps and bounds above the competition that Syracuse played last year.

Strength of Kyle: he has a pro arm, pro body, can step up in the pocket really well, and he leaves his receivers very very well. Con: he’s not mobile. He’s not gonna be a threat to pop off a 50 yard run like GS. That’s a trade-off. I am more than willing to accept.

I don’t think we currently have the line for a pro style offense but I also believe that will be addressed. He’s going to have time to throw or we’re not going to be successful and I’m sure the staff knows that.

I’d also add - we’ll have time into the season to continue to gel. Most of the teams we’ll face the early part of the year don’t have FSU defensive lines.

They can move the pocket to if needed. Something we were begging to do this year.

Have to agree if you had any connections to the program, you knew a couple days ago
That's probably why it's still considered a scoop. Most don't have connections to the program. It's probably the case with most news stories that a select few know the details but it is the job of the news outlet to get them and report them. It's just a different world in the internet age. 30 years ago, this isn't even a discussion because the only way a kid announced a commitment was through a news outlet. Now the news outlets are literally competing with the athletes for clicks. Being a villian is almost part of the job,

Well, that's on them. What Axe did is called his job. Getting the scoop and getting clicks, that is also called his job. In case any have missed it, if you don't get scoops and clicks, in this environment in the newspaper business, you lose your job. Mike and Donna would have done the same exact thing. Next time you see them, ask them.
PREACH brother-man.

Everyone comparing a McCord to GS or PFF grades. I think it’s important to remember the type of competition that McCord was playing all year was leaps and bounds above the competition that Syracuse played last year.

Strength of Kyle: he has a pro arm, pro body, can step up in the pocket really well, and he leaves his receivers very very well. Con: he’s not mobile. He’s not gonna be a threat to pop off a 50 yard run like GS. That’s a trade-off. I am more than willing to accept.
Doesn’t PFF take that into account?

Only syracuse fans can have an issue of probably the biggest transfer get in program history by the way its being announced. I mean you cant make this chit up. I dont care if Win Lye broke the news for gods sake.

SMH
Amen. The amount of comments on social media complaining that 1) McCord isn't good and 2) Axe did an awful thing ... it's astounding.

Wasn't just that game, as he was not great against tough competition. Like I said he is very good, but was not a difference maker like some QBs are. There was very little concern when he decided to transfer. He will definitely improve the Cuse though so that is the important thing.
Riiiiight.

Yeah, the buckeye cult says "he had some bad throws..."

This is hilarious how hard they don't want to mention Syracuse.

Screenshot_20231217-110851.png

Like others have said, time to build that line. I don't want to see another Colorado. People here knew CU wasn't going to compete with the big dogs with no Oline, no matter how good Shedeur Sanders and his wr's were.

When asked by 247Sports if he’d committed to the Orange on his visit, McCord said he’d decide soon.

“I’ll make my decision over the next few days, and I’ll announce it,” McCord said.

McCord said his process is down to “two or three schools.” He said he’s trying to get things sorted out before picking his next school. McCord said he has not taken any other visits outside of his trips to Syracuse and Nebraska.

I noticed this too when I watched Ohio State games this season. Had to keep in mind though that this was his first full season as a starter and I felt like he was going to get better as he played more. However, and you could add more to this, Ryan Day is in a much different position when it comes to patience as compared to most coaches in America after losing that last regular season game each of the last two seasons. Expectations are MUCH higher there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom