Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

honestly, Sellers is so tight with Beck, Anae leaving may actually have helped us. assuming Beck is also going to still be QB coach(I am sure that will be the case), if you are Sellers you probably are happy that your man is going to be your OC and QB coach.
Maybe Detmer steps up as qb coach.

Wasn't Glibert both OC and QB coach?

It seems like that's a common thing for OC's to also cover QB's.
And certainly would be more than fine for Beck to do so, since he's great at that.
Agree. Would be very surprised if Coach Beck stops coaching the QBs. He is the best QB coach in the conference. Makes no sense to change that.

We have been running with 1 less coach than normal on offense and 1 extra on defense. I doubt that changes.

We need someone to coach the TEs and the interior WRs. That is a weird arrangement that accommodated Coach Anae. Might change now that he is gone.

The new coach doesn’t have to be a TE or WR coach. Mike Lynch is the Swiss Army knife of the coaching staff. He can and has coached everywhere, including TE and WR. Could move him there and fill the open position with a RB coach.

Those guys tend to be the young vagabond ‘recruiter for hire’ types that get some hot recruits for a year or two and then jump to another school.

Dino values teacher type coaches who excel at player development.

Or they might want to bring in someone Coach Beck has worked with and know the system well.

The best solution would be someone who has worked with Coach Beck, knows the system, is a good recruiter and has experience recruiting in some of Syracuse’s prime recruiting areas.

There are a couple of obvious fits here but I will refrain from naming them.

It will be interesting to see what happens here.

I will refrain from naming them.

Do It Dare GIF by Rooster Teeth

Anae has had a reputation of being very hard to get along with everywhere he's been.
I think you can see that when you watch him change to 3 schools in a little over a year.

Last edited:
Agree. Would be very surprised if Coach Beck stops coaching the QBs. He is the best QB coach in the conference. Makes no sense to change that.

We have been running with 1 less coach than normal on offense and 1 extra on defense. I doubt that changes.

We need someone to coach the TEs and the interior WRs. That is a weird arrangement that accommodated Coach Anae. Might change now that he is gone.

The new coach doesn’t have to be a TE or WR coach. Mike Lynch is the Swiss Army knife of the coaching staff. He can and has coached everywhere, including TE and WR. Could move him there and fill the open position with a RB coach.

Those guys tend to be the young vagabond ‘recruiter for hire’ types that get some hot recruits for a year or two and then jump to another school.

Or they might want to bring in someone Coach Beck has worked with and know the system well.

The best solution would be someone who has worked with Coach Beck, knows the system, is a good recruiter and has experience recruiting in some of Syracuse’s prime recruiting areas.

The way we use TEs we could have Johnson add the slot guys to his responsibility and bring in a young OL coach to work with Schmidt- one with tackles and TEs as primary and one with interior guys.

Does Macky want to get back into coaching?

The way we use TEs we could have Johnson add the slot guys to his responsibility and bring in a young OL coach to work with Schmidt- one with tackles and TEs as primary and one with interior guys.

Does Macky want to get back into coaching?
Can Macky recruit?

We all love the guy but we need someone with recruiting chops. Our OL, TE and WR recruiting is still G5 level.

MARK
ATUAIA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom