Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

this was going to be a tough hang even with all of our staff in tact.
Anae leaving is not the issue. The issue is the kid grew up a Gamecocks fan in SC and they just finished their season off by beating Clemson on the road and absolutely trouncing Tennessee at home.

Its a pro Syracuse interviewer, not exactly shocking that he's going to lean toward us when speaking to Leiker and McAllister. Again, he went from I am a full Syracuse to commit to now 60/40. He's a SC kid whose dream school is SC and SC is now pursuing him as their #1 QB recruit. I don't think you have to be Nostradomus or Paul Finebaum to know how this is trending.
Rattler is there two more years. Shrader one. The guy he has a relationship with is here. SC is a big fat unknown

If the kid is as smart as it appears the rational decision is to come here

Have you worked your way onto the invite list for Sunday dinner at the Beck's?

Me and Millhouse shortly after the new year. Bees is coming for dessert.

So he essentially lied to both Leiker and McAllister.
He is a HS kid

They say things...they change their minds

Dan Tortora actually talked to the kid for a solid 15 mins. He asked probing followup questions

People on this board and other's "weren't worried" when I brought that up in the past. Was at breakfast with a big Gamecocks fan today here in SC, according to him Sellers has told people he'll be signing with SC.
Maybe...I don't always believe that stuff. Boosters make up stuff all the time and get their information from these sources below.

Meanwhile, South Carolina doesn't even have an OC.

LaNorris has no idea what scheme the new guy is going to run, no idea if he will be compatible with the new guy, no idea if the new guy will bring in his own QB to take over the show...

If he wants to have a degree of comfort over who is going to be coaching him, what scheme he is going to be playing and whether the OC is truly committed to him, there is only place choice to make here.
Was asked if he the chances were 50-50 that he would sign with Cuse. He said. No, more like 60-40.
Was asked id he would have a signing ceremony with the three hat thing. Said No, I will just announce that I signed.
Satterfield was also QB Coach at South Carolina, so no coordinator or position coach as of now.
Has not taken an OV or had an in home this week with SC.
Could certainly flip, but he restated that he will sign next week and enroll early. Don't think I will write him off quite yet.

For those new SU fans and/or new to following recruiting. This is a textbook case of….. just because we have what seems like all the advantages; long term relationship, promoted coach to OC who has the relationship, stuck with him through an injury, parents seemingly love Beck, no OC at SC, has a greater chance of playing at SU for a long time…. So on and so on. We don’t typically win these battles even if we try to convince ourselves there’s no reason we shouldn’t.

This has actually nothing to do with Sellers, I’ve got zero clue what will happen on the 21st but historically these situations don’t go our way in the 30 years I’ve been a fan. Kids are going to do what kids do….. which is, who the hell knows.

I will say… this is one I think goes our way without wearing orange glasses. In the past I always kind of knew it wouldn’t happen. If I had to bet, I feel this one goes our way.

People on this board and other's "weren't worried" when I brought that up in the past. Was at breakfast with a big Gamecocks fan today here in SC, according to him Sellers has told people he'll be signing with SC.

whoever those people were were either lying or were not syracuse fans.

Looks like SC is going to hire the TE coach from Arkansas as the new OC. The guy has been a terrible playcaller basically everywhere he's been.
Please make sure to let Sellers know this. Thank you

It’s a real battle now it sounds like, let’s hope Beck can close the deal here (again).

Looks like SC is going to hire the TE coach from Arkansas as the new OC. The guy has been a terrible playcaller basically everywhere he's been.
Wow, they were looking at some much more impressive guys to fill this position and had to settle for a bad TE coach.

What a shame.

• Love
Reactions: gbo
That prediction from a “big gamecocks fan” holds about as much water as a cup without a bottom.
I hope you're right and he's wrong. I'm gonna try and shoot over for the second half of the Shrine Bowl this weekend in Spartanburg.

For those new SU fans and/or new to following recruiting. This is a textbook case of….. just because we have what seems like all the advantages; long term relationship, promoted coach to OC who has the relationship, stuck with him through an injury, parents seemingly love Beck, no OC at SC, has a greater chance of playing at SU for a long time…. So on and so on. We don’t typically win these battles even if we try to convince ourselves there’s no reason we shouldn’t.

This has actually nothing to do with Sellers, I’ve got zero clue what will happen on the 21st but historically these situations don’t go our way in the 30 years I’ve been a fan. Kids are going to do what kids do….. which is, who the hell knows.

I will say… this is one I think goes our way without wearing orange glasses. In the past I always kind of knew it wouldn’t happen. If I had to bet, I feel this one goes our way.

yeah we're 0-10,000 in these situations, but at some point there's gotta be a 1. We're due lol

yeah we're 0-10,000 in these situations, but at some point there's gotta be a 1. We're due lol

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom