Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Wow. I’m not too critical of a kid ever, but that’s pretty terrible to string this along and not give SU the chance to recruit another QB. I’m sure that was a good option for him to stay home, but can’t believe he actually did that

Wow. I’m not too critical of a kid ever, but that’s pretty terrible to string this along and not give SU the chance to recruit another QB. I’m sure that was a good option for him to stay home, but can’t believe he actually did that
To be fair, we don’t know that he didn’t tell the SU coaches weeks ago. Or at least hint to which way he was leaning.

Was the another school that you were considering besides Syracuse and SC?

Sellers: Yeah, uh, Liberty.

That's pretty telling right there.
Sounds like he was considering whoever the highest bidder was

To be fair, we don’t know that he didn’t tell the SU coaches weeks ago. Or at least hint to which way he was leaning.
But what’s a week when they have been on him for 2 years building this relationship. I think we have good qbs. I just think this kid woulda been really special for SU

Coaches, what is he talking about; he won’t get a better QB Coach than Coach Beck! That’s low rent as we stuck with him when no one else did!
C8DE6ABC-D5F6-4483-B4F0-AA1B5A2D506F.jpeg

Was the another school that you were considering besides Syracuse and SC?

Sellers: Yeah, uh, Liberty.

That's pretty telling right there.

If he said that, I haven’t dogged Sellers at all but that’s a pretty low life thing to say when Beck stood by him through his injury. Scumbag move. He’s going to the right school.

Gonna be honest, step back for a minute. All of us here are huge Cuse fans. Say as 17 year olds we were getting all the love from all these schools. And say Syracuse never offered us until a month til signing day. But the last year and half we were committed to South Carolina. As big Syracuse fans where Syracuse would be our dream offer we can’t think for a second we wouldn’t do the same thing.

The sky isn’t falling. Jason Beck is a great coach and great recruiter. QB will not be a problem as long as he is here. Not does it suck Sellers isn’t coming here? Yes. Is it pretty shitty what he did to Beck and string him along until the last minute? Yes. Beck stayed with Sellers for 2 years through 2 schools and through a big injury to Sellers, and South Carolina only came in the last month AFTER the injury. Then to say the coaches were the main reason he picked South Carolina. That’s pretty low. That being said I understand his decision to pick South Carolina, his home state, closer to home, SEC, NIL deals, playing with friends, dream school, etc…I will say it is going to be tough to root for the kid but I hope he does well in life.

Curious how he does in that system.

Portal Watch 2024.

All that time and energy to recruit this kid. Just save it and focus on the portal from now on. Doesn’t make sense to spend all these resources anymore

I agree with this. Shorter time slot, don’t need to drag this crap out for 2 years and end up out of the picture. Go hard in the portal where kids are making decisions pretty quick and don’t waste so much time/resources. We did a great job this year at this.

I agree with this. Shorter time slot, don’t need to drag this crap out for 2 years and end up out of the picture. Go hard in the portal where kids are making decisions pretty quick and don’t waste so much time/resources. We did a great job this year at this.
No. You have to always recruit the best option/talent whether it is HS or portal.

I'm pretty certain that the staff knew. Even more certain that they anticipated this outcoming once SCar got involved.

On a positive note, this situation seemed to drive home the new reality of recruiting for programs like SU. The portal is going to be even more important going forward. SU will be adding staff to address this new reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom