Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

If he did say that, put him on the heap with the kid that threw our hat down. Hope we don’t go after them down the road. Be respectful at least.
Also said he wanted to play in a better conference (SEC) and Liberty was also a consideration.

I’ll start by saying that people criticizing a football recruit on twitter really need to re-examine their lives.

That said, I do think it’s weird when people mention their age. At 18 you’re a legal adult, you can vote, you can go off to war. Maybe that’s why kids seem to take much longer to grow up these days, because we won’t let them.

Or I’ve become an old man yelling at a cloud. Even though I’m not 50 yet.
Technically he’s a paid professional now with NIL and I’m sure NIL was involved here.

I saw quite a bit of it on Twitter and it isn't a good look for the school.
Honestly could care less. People are going to vent when they’re frustrated. If he’s that concerned about it don’t give notice on signing day to a school that you’re decommitting. With NIL he’s a pro athlete, in the public space and open to criticism.

Say hypothetically; loser of backup qb job between Lamson and CDRW, portals. Depending on what Morgan's status is; we absolutely need another scholarship qb, don't we? Thankful to have the Captain again on the roster next season if he decides to stay; quality 3rd qb, with some decent playing experience. I guess you have to weigh the benefits of getting a kid in before Spring Ball, versus, waiting to see who comes available after Spring practices at other schools.

Well I mean, we could also say then that watching them on television and talking about them online (like we’re both doing right now) is also weird. Lol

We are all pretty weird on here. That’s for sure.

Technically he’s a paid professional now with NIL and I’m sure NIL was involved here.
When these kids wanted to become professionals they can now be Zach Wilson for all I care. A lot of these 17&18 year olds are now making more than EL.

Why would we want someone else’s 3rd string QB especially from uSC of all places?

Lot of self coping. I get it. Everybody is numb to it at this point.

Well GS was a WR at best according to our boy Leach (dump a 40 —-> “oz” for you oldies). If Sellers ends up at the tail end of the QB bench it may not be because of his ability but as we’re all expecting, he doesn’t fit the system.

Well GS was a WR at best according to our boy Leach (dump a 40 —-> “oz” for you oldies). If Sellers ends up at the tail end of the QB bench it may not be because of his ability but as we’re all expecting, he doesn’t fit the system.
Yea but that was a complete change in scheme that didn’t match Shrader’s best attributes at all. Sellers signed up knowing that dud will most likely run a pro-style no matter what they sold him on.

I’m not as high on the portal being a win for us long term either. We are never going to get the elite QB’s who have proved themselves on the field. They will just go to another consistent top 20 school. We also won’t get the Verse, or Cornelius of the world that blow up at the FCS level. They will look right past us when they blow up. We will get the QB’s who didn’t win a job at an upper level school and never proved themselves, or kids who were cut from a blue blood, or kids who were injured and are looking to bounce back. Just look at this year. We picked up two HS 4 stars that have never played. Would you trade that for multiple all ACC selections in Duce and Carter, and our best pass rusher in Linton? I wouldn’t. Plus with JW controlling the NIL we are never going to compete at that level.

I’ll sign off now. Everybody have a happy holiday.

Leaving this thread for now. I'll be back in about 23 months or so when he realizes the SC offense is a dumpster fire that is a tragic fit for his skillset and has entered the portal.
Might be as soon as 11 months.

Why are you all so sure that he did not notify SU until today or even Wednesday. Do you know that he didn't tell Beck a week ago? You all are making assumptions here. And you all are being mean to a kid. This is how the world of college football works now. Seller's did not make it this way. Many kids changed on signing day.

Two things:
(1) Honestly can't be down on a kid that flips. We've had signing day flips go in our favor, it's just part of the business.
And,
(2) South Carolina has been Clemson's biotche for years. They have a large fanbase in these parts but haven't done squat since Deviyon(sp) Clowney on defense and George Rodgers on offense. And that's not sour grapes- they've generally sucked in the SEC, not that we've set the house on fire either, but you get my drift.
IMO there's a good chance Sellers goes there and lays an egg, and we see him again in a couple of years. But this was mostly about home state pressure and NIL.
It's not the first case, and certainly won't be the last.

If he was a generational talent then Clemson would have pursued him and they didn't. They went with an Elite 11 QB from Alabama who had more P5 offers than we can count. Not trying to downplay his talent but 'generational' is a stretch.

I find it amusing that since 11/29 Sellers has had 3 ratings bumps and on 12/14 was bumped from a 3 star to a 4 star. What a coincidence.

Or maybe Clemson, a perennial top 5 type of program, was looking for a different type of QB.

Feel free to pass along your thoughts to OC Beck on why it's a stretch.

Why are you all so sure that he did not notify SU until today or even Wednesday. Do you know that he didn't tell Beck a week ago? You all are making assumptions here. And you all are being mean to a kid. This is how the world of college football works now. Seller's did not make it this way. Many kids changed on signing day.
Because that’s what money posted about 4-5 pages ago. So you’re making an assumption that we’re making assumptions.

Yes but on here it's adult posters complaining amongst themselves not posting something directly at a kid on social media.
Fair but said kid can also come here and read it without credentials even. That also doesn’t skirt the anonymity aspect that is problematic as well. We can DM and make comments here in a vacuum with zero consequence other than being banned … just like Twitter.

Yea but that was a complete change in scheme that didn’t match Shrader’s best attributes at all. Sellers signed up knowing that dud will most likely run a pro-style no matter what they sold him on.

I’m not as high on the portal being a win for us long term either. We are never going to get the elite QB’s who have proved themselves on the field. They will just go to another consistent top 20 school. We also won’t get the Verse, or Cornelius of the world that blow up at the FCS level. They will look right past us when they blow up. We will get the QB’s who didn’t win a job at an upper level school and never proved themselves, or kids who were cut from a blue blood, or kids who were injured and are looking to bounce back. Just look at this year. We picked up two HS 4 stars that have never played. Would you trade that for multiple all ACC selections in Duce and Carter, and our best pass rusher in Linton? I wouldn’t. Plus with JW controlling the NIL we are never going to compete at that level.

I’ll sign off now. Everybody have a happy holiday.

We’re going to a bowl this year and absolutely should next year too. Been a long time since we went to two bowls in a row. I don’t remember you being so grumpy in the past. Cheer up.

Honestly could care less. People are going to vent when they’re frustrated. If he’s that concerned about it don’t give notice on signing day to a school that you’re decommitting. With NIL he’s a pro athlete, in the public space and open to criticism.
That is bs.

absolutely twisted

get some help

Money did say Beck was notified on Wednesday but my guess would be there were multiple discussions going these last weeks. Beck and Dino visited I believe after his promotion. Beck and Dino knew once SC came in it would be a coin toss. They have likely moved on already. They know that they have a strong QB room. My guess is the fans are taking this way harder than the staff. The coaches need a closing pitcher mentality. Gotta get the win but sometimes you give up the HR. You shrug it off and move on. I would have loved to had reeled Sellers in but whatever and on to the next fight. We have a kick ass new center, 4 killer transfers, a wreaking ball from Buffalo and a bunch of other quality guys coming in.

I don’t condone lashing out at kids on social media. I wouldn’t do it. Bad look for the school and fan base. But the caveat is that they are no longer kids. They are professional athletes.
Is that true for our team as well?

(

Every time I see something like this, I think Elizabeth, hide the rum.

Money did say Beck was notified on Wednesday but my guess would be there were multiple discussions going these last weeks. Beck and Dino visited I believe after his promotion. Beck and Dino knew once SC came in it would be a coin toss. They have likely moved on already. They know that they have a strong QB room. My guess is the fans are taking this way harder than the staff. The coaches need a closing pitcher mentality. Gotta get the win but sometimes you give up the HR. You shrug it off and move on. I would have loved to had reeled Sellers in but whatever and on to the next fight. We have a kick ass new center, 4 killer transfers, a wreaking ball from Buffalo and a bunch of other quality guys coming in.
The ship has left port and the result no longer matters. No one knows what the future holds, and prognostication is a waste of time, let's move on.

Yeah. Try and smooth this over. Facts are, the way this went down is a really bad look. Either the staff (including Athletics) or the team need to say what this was - bad, bad look for Seller's first and SU second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom