Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

If you read my entire post I wasn’t happy with how he did our Coaches after we stuck will him through his injury. Yes, I wished him well;!he will need to learn about loyalty and that’s on him. I try not to hate on kids just for their ignorance, so I wished him well. I can only speak for myself!
By not wishing him well you are not hating on him. Why do you feel compelled to wish him well? What did he do to deserve well wishes from you?

We’re going to a bowl this year and absolutely should next year too. Been a long time since we went to two bowls in a row. I don’t remember you being so grumpy in the past. Cheer up.
What’s they’re to be so excited about? Next year we have an extremely difficult schedule with UNC, at FSU, and Clemson. Since we lost Marrone because he was lied to and we didn’t deliver what was promised we have had 3 winning seasons in 10 years including a win 1 year and 6-20 in Nov (3 wins in 2018) under Babers. Consistently the worst recruiting classes in the acc and name 3 WR’s, OL, and QB’s that Baber’s brought in and developed.

Not meaning you, but everybody that plays it so cool that it’s no big deal and we’ll be just fine. Since Marrone left we’ve had 3 winning seasons in 10 years. 6,7, and 9 wins. It all relates to recruiting. Sorry I just don’t see the optimism and to see the fanbase just so numb to losing and expecting to lose recruits shows just how numb and apathetic everybody is to it. I’ve brought up recruiting concerns with basketball and football. The replies we’re typically everything is fine etc. etc. I’m just sick of losing . Usually basketball would be some what of a cure but they are in a worst spot than the football program.

I know a lot of you think the same, but just won’t say it. I have always called it like it is. I was overly positive when we were 6-0 when most were just acceptant of making a mid-tier bowl. I always call it how I see it and if I don’t get likes for being the better man than it is what it is.

We are all pretty weird on here. That’s for sure.
We are diehard su football fans communicating vehemently on a message board regularly while in life we may just walk by eachother .. we all definitely have a few screws loose lol. That’s fandom baby ! Man it is fun!!

there’s a fair chance he ends up portaling if he doesn’t win the starting job in 2 years. But it won’t matter if beck has moved on by then. Essentially even if we signed him now he’d portal out if beck were to leave in 2+ years.

Bottom line - it all comes back to retaining Beck.
Could Beck be next HC?

And surprised this thread isn’t locked yet.

Could Beck be next HC?

And surprised this thread isn’t locked yet.
Only way beck stays more than 2 years is if his kids are tired of moving, want to plant roots with friends and beg him to stay.

I’m glad we didn’t get this kid. The way he handled the process tells me we don’t want him, his parents, friends or influencers anywhere near the program.

There are lots of other fish in the sea. Move on and grab a portal QB and a high school QB next year.

Man, I love goodfellows. Good pizza. My wife and I closed down the bar. I am trying to go back tomorrow after “Santa Comes”. Great time tonight.
Agree. I’m friends with the owner Rich. He always takes care of me and the family when we stop in.

What’s they’re to be so excited about? Next year we have an extremely difficult schedule with UNC, at FSU, and Clemson. Since we lost Marrone because he was lied to and we didn’t deliver what was promised we have had 3 winning seasons in 10 years including a win 1 year and 6-20 in Nov (3 wins in 2018) under Babers. Consistently the worst recruiting classes in the acc and name 3 WR’s, OL, and QB’s that Baber’s brought in and developed.

Not meaning you, but everybody that plays it so cool that it’s no big deal and we’ll be just fine. Since Marrone left we’ve had 3 winning seasons in 10 years. 6,7, and 9 wins. It all relates to recruiting. Sorry I just don’t see the optimism and to see the fanbase just so numb to losing and expecting to lose recruits shows just how numb and apathetic everybody is to it. I’ve brought up recruiting concerns with basketball and football. The replies we’re typically everything is fine etc. etc. I’m just sick of losing . Usually basketball would be some what of a cure but they are in a worst spot than the football program.

I know a lot of you think the same, but just won’t say it. I have always called it like it is. I was overly positive when we were 6-0 when most were just acceptant of making a mid-tier bowl. I always call it how I see it and if I don’t get likes for being the better man than it is what it is.
I think everyone agrees w/ parts or even most of what you're saying. But speaking for myself I prefer to treat each season, with it's myriad of injuries, changes, etc., on an individual game-by-game basis. And especially now w/ the portal, that seems to me to be the best way of approaching things.
I'm also not a " what will happen NEXT year" kinda guy. I see that as opening myself up to unnecessary angst over an as-yet undeveloped circumstance. So many variables are in place, and we have no idea how each one might effect us, or even our future opponents.
What-if FSU for instance loses their starting QB and has a banged up starting RB right before we play them? The real issue is whether we'd have enough firepower to take advantage of a situation like that, and come out w/ a win, no? Unfortunately based on past results, the answer to that question would be " NO, we don't". That sucks- and has to get better - & is Dino gonna get us there?
I also agree that recruiting has never been a Babers strong suit. But plenty of good, consistent programs have won w/ similar recruit rankings as ours. And I see the portal as being more impactful moving forward than " regular" recruiting- to build the depth we need & to win consistently.
That's not blind optimism, just practical reality. Jmho

Last edited:
I’m glad we didn’t get this kid. The way he handled the process tells me we don’t want him, his parents, friends or influencers anywhere near the program.

There are lots of other fish in the sea. Move on and grab a portal QB and a high school QB next year.
I just think his glasses look stupid.

This is what it comes down to for me. I don't get caught up in recruiting because of stuff like this especially in the NIL era where the bag is being passed out in the open instead of under the table. Don't kid yourself either, the South Carolina collective definitely put a package together for him. Until SU can do the same, this will continue to happen. However, this is another topic altogether that I have a lot to say about.

The staff got left at the altar without a Plan B. Time is the most precious commodity that we have and it's something that hadn't been communicated to Sellers and his camp. I think everyone would have been ok with him decommitting and saying he was going to explore all of his options rather than wait until NSD to say that he's not going to SU. At least then, Babers and Beck could have sought out a Plan B. Now, they're in a situation where they have to hope there isn't any attrition after Spring practice. You might be able to get away with not having an extra QB in the room. Weirder things have happened.

Lastly, the Emily's tweet was as wrong as it gets. Once players became eligible for compensation, they're no longer kids. They're semi professionals. Are curses and other vitriol unnecessary? Of course. Criticism isn't. Sellers flipping isn't even the worst story of NSD. You had a player from Texas decommit from two schools in a matter of 48 hours before going to Oklahoma.

EDIT: Attrition and/or injury after Spring Practice.

Last edited:
This is what it comes down to for me. I don't get caught up in recruiting because of stuff like this especially in the NIL era where the bag is being passed out in the open instead of under the table. Don't kid yourself either, the South Carolina collective definitely put a package together for him. Until SU can do the same, this will continue to happen. However, this is another topic altogether that I have a lot to say about.

The staff got left at the altar without a Plan B. Time is the most precious commodity that we have and it's something that hadn't been communicated to Sellers and his camp. I think everyone would have been ok with him decommitting and saying he was going to explore all of his options rather than wait until NSD to say that he's not going to SU. At least then, Babers and Beck could have sought out a Plan B. Now, they're in a situation where they have to hope there isn't any attrition after Spring practice. You might be able to get away with not having an extra QB in the room. Weirder things have happened.

Lastly, the Emily's tweet was as wrong as it gets. Once players became eligible for compensation, they're no longer kids. They're semi professionals. Are curses and other vitriol unnecessary? Of course. Criticism isn't. Sellers flipping isn't even the worst story of NSD. You had a player from Texas decommit from two schools in a matter of 48 hours before going to Oklahoma.

EDIT: Attrition and/or injury after Spring Practice.
Agree with you on all points.

Also, these "kids" have an entourage that includes some very experienced professionals. These "kids" are not making their own calls - especially the high profile ones where there is serious money exchanging hands.

Emily is either naïve or a puppet.

Lol at thinking we would be any better if Marrone stayed. He left b/c we were a year away from moving to the ACC and the 3rd hardest division in CFB. He wanted no part of that and got out while the gettin was good.

If there’s one thing to look forward to is the division-less conference going forward. It will ease up the difficultly of the schedule a bit so we don’t face the gauntlet of Clemson fsu Louisville nc state every year

Only way beck stays more than 2 years is if his kids are tired of moving, want to plant roots with friends and beg him to stay.

Cool so you think Syracuse is going to be really good during these two years.

Man, I love goodfellows. Good pizza. My wife and I closed down the bar. I am trying to go back tomorrow after “Santa Comes”. Great time tonight.
Appreciate your contributions to the board and hope you have a great christmas.

So...bowl game wins don't count? Oversite or intentional? Strange way to validate your point.

Lol at thinking we would be any better if Marrone stayed. He left b/c we were a year away from moving to the ACC and the 3rd hardest division in CFB. He wanted no part of that and got out while the gettin was good.

If there’s one thing to look forward to is the division-less conference going forward. It will ease up the difficultly of the schedule a bit so we don’t face the gauntlet of Clemson fsu Louisville nc state every year
Wait I thought he left for an NFL job?

Cool so you think Syracuse is going to be really good during these two years.
I know a few P5 and D1 staff. My experience has been that the family settles into a spot and the dad (coach) moves solo to the next destination(s). It's the reality of life for that profession and those involved knew it going in.

So that said, yes Syracuse will have a great offense!!

By not wishing him well you are not hating on him. Why do you feel compelled to wish him well? What did he do to deserve well wishes from you?
What should I do; hate on him because he made a poor decision? Raise your hand if you never made a bad decision as a teenager!
!

here's hoping Emily hits the portal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom