Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

I don’t want to stir the pot. And I have no inside info. But reading the tea leaves, I’m pretty sure where Sellers is headed. No need to delay if he was honoring his commitment.

Regardless, we headed upwards and onwards!!!

Love Signing Day!
Agree. He has gone from pledging loyalty to Beck for sticking with him through injury to SU being a 6 or 7 and I'll do what's best for me. Would love to be wrong.

Think the SECs perception of itself vs its bias vs us makes the noise on the ground in SC very loud and hard to drown out. If he can, the best offense and best OC is here.

Tin foil theory: He had decided to flip to South Carolina, but Beck convinced him to hold off and think it through. They're on the phone communicating, and he will choose Syracuse on Friday.

Honestly, I don't care at all. You play with the ones who want to be here. If LaNorris found something better at USC, then I wish him all the best.

Always fun to see whether we land a flip / a new name pops up that we haven't heard of.

EDIT -- I see we just landed a LB who fits into the latter category.
Have to wonder if grabbing an SC kid helps us with Sellers

I don’t want to stir the pot. And I have no inside info. But reading the tea leaves, I’m pretty sure where Sellers is headed. No need to delay if he was honoring his commitment.

Love Signing Day!

That works both ways though right? No need to delay if you’re flipping either. why wait?

I honestly think the delay is just a matter of the ceremony and not having a leak, which is what would happen.

I also think he’s flipping though.

I honestly think the delay is just a matter of the ceremony and not having a leak, which is what would happen.

I actually agree with both thoughts above. We’ll see though on Friday. NIL $’s (if you aren’t cheating your aren’t trying mentally) and Local Pressure to SC from coaches, players, etc. is quite a bit to overcome. He would be better off here IMO though. Gets him away from home, better academics at SU no question, and proven system coaching of QB’s.

Sellers got some serious love at the SC/NC all-star game. The pressure for him to stay home is huge and probably the NIL is just as big. We've made some inroads in the state but I don't think it will be enough to keep him.

My guess - the kid was torn by the love Beck showed him the past 2 years but at the end of the day the $$ is going to talk.

Could he be waiting to see who commits to SC to be sure some others were securely on board first? When he sees their commitment, he can solidify his choice. No clue. I just know I'm not looking forward to another 48 hours of torture.

Sellers got some serious love at the SC/NC all-star game. The pressure for him to stay home is huge and probably the NIL is just as big. We've made some inroads in the state but I don't think it will be enough to keep him.

My guess - the kid was torn by the love Beck showed him the past 2 years but at the end of the day the $$ is going to talk.

Another factor that could be relevant -- I don't know for sure whether this is true, but it's been suggested here that he grew up as a South Carolina fan. If so, that's got to be a pretty compelling pull.

Could he be waiting to see who commits to SC to be sure some others were securely on board first? When he sees their commitment, he can solidify his choice. No clue. I just know I'm not looking forward to another 48 hours of torture.
This. If Beamer told him x y z was committed and coming on signing day to help push or entice him, and it doesn't pan out, that could be a factor.

Has happened before where a staff told a recruit so and so was coming too, to secure a commit, only for it not to happen.

Love Signing Day!
My reading the tea leaves...

In Syracuse Football's tweet regarding Josiah Jeffery's signing, the tweet reads "Another baller from South Carolina". Key word: Another

Well, there is only one other possibility from the state of SC that we know of. We have 5 more on the roster, but none from this cycle, so they would not likely be referenced this year. You never know.

That works both ways though right? No need to delay if you’re flipping either. why wait?

Yea lol, not the best logic…

My reading the tea leaves...

In Syracuse Football's tweet regarding Josiah Jeffery's signing, the tweet reads "Another baller from South Carolina". Key word: Another

Well, there is only one other possibility from the state of SC that we know of. We have 5 more on the roster, but none from this cycle, so they would not likely be referenced this year. You never know.
I’m pretty sure we already have guys from SC on the roster

Any 17 year old kid is going to soak up the show biz atmosphere of a signing ceremony. If he chooses SU, I would imagine the audience reaction would be tepid at best. Choosing USC from a stage in South Carolina absolutely guarantees an ecstatic audience and local media response.

Any 17 year old kid is going to soak up the show biz atmosphere of a signing ceremony. If he chooses SU, I would imagine the audience reaction would be tepid at best. Choosing USC from a stage in South Carolina absolutely guarantees an ecstatic audience and local media response.

Or this:

Makes the most sense to me. Sorry I can't give it a "like"

This was from an interview after the allstar game last weekend.

Did i misunderstand what he is doing? He is still making a decision today and will sign today, but won't announce until Friday?

Or this:
That is sad. The mother just walks off saying nothing leaving her son there and then you have perhaps the most oblivious guy on the planet interviewing the kid. The interviewer is a complete dipschit. On what is supposed to be that young mans day, both the mom and interviewer that up. Good for the folks that circled the young man and provided support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom