Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Perfect fit for a coach like Dino. He's a a little short, but can make all of the throws. He'll be a stud in that system.

Perfect fit for a coach like Dino. He's a a little short, but can make all of the throws. He'll be a stud in that system.
Don't forget, Dino's current QB is only 6-feet, 200 pounds and he's put up 4500 yards and 41 touchdowns this season in that offense.

Don't forget, Dino's current QB is only 6-feet, 200 pounds and he's put up 4500 yards and 41 touchdowns this season in that offense.

Exactly.

Been high on this kid since he signed. I think he's going to be a really good one. Never heard if Coyle called him like he did with a number of the other guys, but man I hope he still makes it here.

Assuming DB ends up being our coach...do you think he has done his research on the current player and the players who have committed to the team thus far? Or do you think he will wait until after he signs?

Also, I wonder what a kid like Scott is thinking about the possibility of playing in DB's offense.

Also, I wonder what a kid like Scott is thinking about the possibility of playing in DB's offense.
I'm betting it's something like this:

giphy.gif

Short? Joe Montana and Drew Brees laugh at that assessment. Winners don't come in "short" sizes, they come in winner size.

Assuming DB ends up being our coach...do you think he has done his research on the current player and the players who have committed to the team thus far? Or do you think he will wait until after he signs?

He has a guy giving it to him, I am sure. Might be Eric White, for all we know.

Short? Joe Montana and Drew Brees laugh at that assessment. Winners don't come in "short" sizes, they come in winner size.

Both of those guys are taller than 5-11. Joe Montana was 6-2, so it is a terrible comparison.

And way to cherry pick two of the anomalous, outlier examples in pro football history.

BTW, the BG quarterback was also 5-11. He threw for 4,500 yards and 41 touchdowns this season.

Both of those guys are taller than 5-11. Joe Montana was 6-2, so it is a terrible comparison.

And way to cherry pick two of the anomalous, outlier examples in pro football history.

BTW, the BG quarterback was also 5-11. He threw for 4,500 yards and 41 touchdowns this season.
Matt Johnson is listed as 6'0"
Drew Brees is listed as 6'0"
Joe Montana is listed as 6'2"
Uncle Rico is listed as 5'10" and can still throw the ball over that mountain
Size does help at the QB position, but you never know till the kid steps on the field :noidea:

4700 yards and 43 touchdowns, counting last night.

I can't believe we pulled the #1 player in Louisiana.

Players that have been player of the year types have been good for us. Lynch from Georgia on D. Carter from Ohio. Fredericks this year from NY. Generally productivity seems to transfer pretty well. I think Broyld was a player of the year so that's an outlier. Mullins
4700 yards and 43 touchdowns, counting last night.

It's a little apples to oranges because he is probably a superior athlete to everyone on the field.

Two things will need to happen for a guy like Scott to be effective. There will have to be some play designed to get him outside the pocket and Emerich and/or his successor can't get blown up every other play like this year.

Players that have been player of the year types have been good for us. Lynch from Georgia on D. Carter from Ohio. Fredericks this year from NY. Generally productivity seems to transfer pretty well. I think Broyld was a player of the year so that's an outlier. Mullins

It's a little apples to oranges because he is probably a superior athlete to everyone on the field.

Two things will need to happen for a guy like Scott to be effective. There will have to be some play designed to get him outside the pocket and Emerich and/or his successor can't get blown up every other play like this year.

Pretty sure Scott plays in the toughest classification in Louisiana.

Scott plays in Louisiana's largest school classification. There were D1 kids all over the fields he was playing on

Scott has russell Wilson size and makes throws like the old stud qb from Houston, andre ware!