Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

More like a "sit tight" contact. And just because a kid has been contacted it is not a guarantee. The only ones you should consider as coming to SU are the ones with OVs set up.

I take what you and Jek say as gospel, but some of the posters were acting as if no contact had been made yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lindsey isn't very twitter vocal, so it's not unlike him to be quiet. Plus, he had his state final game, so an OV was out of the question. I think once the staff moves past the January enrollees and the guys that were available this week, we will see more visible positive vibes with Lindsey and the staff. That's just a gut feeling.

Possibly but based on what Jek said, unless I'm reading it wrong, the staff isn't in love with Lindsey.

I take what you and Jek say as gospel, but some of the posters were acting as if no contact had been made yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lindsey isn't very twitter vocal, so it's not unlike him to be quiet. Plus, he had his state final game, so an OV was out of the question. I think once the staff moves past the January enrollees and the guys that were available this week, we will see more visible positive vibes with Lindsey and the staff. That's just a gut feeling.
Well, Lindsey actually intentionally took a Twitter hiatus the last week in order to focus on the state championship. He's back on this morning, but mostly tweeting stuff about the game.

This is one area that I don't question the staff if they don't feel he is a fit in the system the so be it. When it comes to QB I will side with the coaches all day every day.

Last edited:
Lindsey just beat a team that suppose has a team full of SEC commits and won the MVP. It shows me he can play with the big boys. I know it was a team effort but it starts with your QB. I say take him and worry where his plays after.

5-10 QB

Sadly, that's 100% of the reason he is so lightly recruited.
I realize his size is a point, but play-makers of any size win games, and Syracuse really needs play-makers. This kid knows how to play the game, and he knows how to win, somehow Dino needs to find a place for him.

I realize his size is a point, but play-makers of any size win games, and Syracuse really needs play-makers. This kid knows how to play the game, and he knows how to win, somehow Dino needs to find a place for him.

I am all for bringing smart playmakers into the program, but some here completely undersell the height issues and oversell the level of competition. I know they play great football in Louisiana, but I bet he is not throwing behind an oline that averages 6'4" and I am willing to bet he isnt being chased by linebackers that out weight him by 30 lbs and run sub 4.8s across the board. He's going to have some limitations to overcome.

Cam Lynch was defensive player of the year in the largest class in Georgia and a certain lax defenseman was defensive player of the year in the largest class in Texas that same year.

I am all for bringing smart playmakers into the program, but some here completely undersell the height issues and oversell the level of competition. I know they play great football in Louisiana, but I bet he is not throwing behind an oline that averages 6'4" and I am willing to bet he isnt being chased by linebackers that out weight him by 30 lbs and run sub 4.8s across the board. He's going to have some limitations to overcome.

Cam Lynch was defensive player of the year in the largest class in Georgia and a certain lax defenseman was defensive player of the year in the largest class in Texas that same year.
And the lax defenseman had offers from the likes of UT and Oklahoma, so I'm not sure that's a fair comparison since he simply chose to play lax instead of football.

Otherwise, I more or less agree.

Tulane just offered Lindsey. I can see a very realistic scenario where he flips soon, to be honest.

Tulane just offered Lindsey. I can see a very realistic scenario where he flips soon, to be honest.

You say this because we haven't been in contact with him.

I was wondering why or what makes you think this may happen. Just curious
1) Our new staff is not particularly high on him at the moment.
2) Tulane is his hometown team, and they just offered him.
3) He's not going to wait around forever for our coaches to exhaust every other option at QB.
4) Therefore I think there's a good chance he decommits and flips. We're seeing the same thing happen with 3 of our other recruits. I think there's a very good chance Scott follows suit.

Bad move unless someone else is LOCKED in. I know it's the honeymoon period with the new staff but alot is up in the air recruiting wise. Hope they can make up ground with the new adds but there isn't alot of time. Of course, the LB flip was a nice job but pretty sure that was directly related to the Va. coach coming over. Outside of Foster, the guys I'm seeing that are most probable commits moving forward are not highly rated by the services and dont have many P5 offers. Alot can change quickly so we'll have to wait and see. The next 7 weeks will determine how well this strategy all works out.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I'll reserve judgment until after signing day on how it all shook out. I hope he does well.

Bad move unless someone else is LOCKED in. I know it's the honeymoon period with the new staff but alot is up in the air recruiting wise. Hope they can make up ground with the new adds but there isn't alot of time. Of course, the LB flip was a nice job but pretty sure that was directly related to the Va. coach coming over. Outside of Foster, the guys I'm seeing that are most probable commits moving forward are not highly rated by the services and dont have many P5 offers. Alot can change quickly so we'll have to wait and see. The next 7 weeks will determine how well this strategy all works out.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I'll reserve judgment until after signing day on how it all shook out. I hope he does well.
I think people will have to step back a lot farther than LOI day. Probably judgment should be reserved until we all see the product on the field.

1) Our new staff is not particularly high on him at the moment.
2) Tulane is his hometown team, and they just offered him.
3) He's not going to wait around forever for our coaches to exhaust every other option at QB.
4) Therefore I think there's a good chance he decommits and flips. We're seeing the same thing happen with 3 of our other recruits. I think there's a very good chance Scott follows suit.

Also an academic peer school if that happens to be part of his calculation.

Ya I just don't want to hear me say, "about the one that got away".

Also an academic peer school if that happens to be part of his calculation.
He's a 3.77 GPA kid and comes across as extremely bright in his interviews so I'm assuming it is.