Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Would love to see a full version of that game. Sounds like he is a 5 star talent with 2 star height. We did pretty well in a similar situation with Cameron Lynch (I know, different position, but he's now on an NFL roster!). Great get by the staff to reach into Louisiana and pull this young fella up to CNY.

He seems to be a lot thicker than Womack. Think he's listed at 197# and he looks it.

I could see him at RB a la Dee Brown if QB doesn't work out for him.

Last edited:
He seems to be a lot thicker than Womack. Think he's listed at 197# and he looks it.

I could see him at RB a la Dee Brown if QB doesn't work out for him.
Exactly my thoughts if QB doesn't workout.

Very similar. Only Womack is a bit taller. Even throwing motion was questioned by a couple posters here and playing another position. Many comments on Scott are the same kind made about Womack. Do you forget how many people were high on Womack and that he'd be our next QB? This kid may stick at QB or he may be a DB or WR. Personally I don't like short QBs. But we'll see.

Russell Wilson. Same height, same build. Don't sleep on short QBs - the game is different now.

Also, this kid is playing against much better competition and has better numbers than Womack. The team he played against this past week had about 3 or 4 kids who will play D1. Last week, the high school they played has a QB going to Southern Miss, an OL going to South Carolina and another kid over 20 offers including Wake, Kansas State & Minnesota.

Womack's teams rarely - if ever - played against kids who were even close to that level.

Color me impressed and hopeful. Not saying he's a sure-fire QB pickup, and I was initially excited by Womack if only due to his measurables. But these kids are not the same IMO.

Color me impressed and hopeful. Not saying he's a sure-fire QB pickup, and I was initially excited by Womack if only due to his measurables. But these kids are not the same IMO.

I was excited by Womack as well, and still am, based on his athleticism. I honestly never really thought he'd wind up at QB, though that's also because I was on the Dungey bandwagon from the word "go." But the big difference between Womack and Scott is that Womack was clearly an exceptional athlete playing QB. Scott is a QB who happens to be a (short) exceptional athlete.

Russell Wilson. Same height, same build. Don't sleep on short QBs - the game is different now.

Also, this kid is playing against much better competition and has better numbers than Womack. The team he played against this past week had about 3 or 4 kids who will play D1. Last week, the high school they played has a QB going to Southern Miss, an OL going to South Carolina and another kid over 20 offers including Wake, Kansas State & Minnesota.

Womack's teams rarely - if ever - played against kids who were even close to that level.

Womack was/is exciting because there is so much potential to mold. Scott is already molded. Let's just hope he doesn't grow 3 inches before signing day lol.

Womack was/is exciting because there is so much potential to mold. Scott is already molded. Let's just hope he doesn't grow 3 inches before signing day lol.
OR, let's hope he grows 3 inches but stays firmly committed to SU.

I'll bite. When I first watched Scott's film, I wasn't too thrilled. I didn't like the throwing motion. But as I've watched more - I'm starting to come around. He's a playmaker. His cuts are natural and his speed is great. It's very clear why Lester wants him. As others have said - he's playing against great competition and succeeding. I often say that sometimes coaches make things harder than they have to be. I think too many coaches are caught up on this kids height. There's just something about him that I really like.

I don't see the correlation beyond stature. Womack was a phenomenal athlete, so some were clamoring for him to get a shot at QB because of how dynamic he was, but his throwing mechanics weren't as far advanced as his natural athleticism. Scott seems highly refined and a player with superb accuracy. Comparable size, but that's about where the similarities begin and end.
They are similar in terms of athleticism, but Scott is a much better passer. Look at their tapes, this Scott kid has a cannon for an arm and is very accurate, plus, look how quick the ball comes out!

I'll bite. When I first watched Scott's film, I wasn't too thrilled. I didn't like the throwing motion. But as I've watched more - I'm starting to come around. He's a playmaker. His cuts are natural and his speed is great. It's very clear why Lester wants him. As others have said - he's playing against great competition and succeeding. I often say that sometimes coaches make things harder than they have to be. I think too many coaches are caught up on this kids height. There's just something about him that I really like.
Jack, don't you think he has quick release and throws an accurate ball?

I heard some great stuff today about Lindsey Scott, the new QB commit out of Louisiana. A very close friend of mine knows him well - comes from a high quality family. I guess Lindsey has near perfect grades and he's been recruited by Stanford, Harvard and many others. He's supposed to be a both a great athlete and a great person. My friends son is is a linebacker on Scott's team. Says he's a real leader.

And he's likely getting bumped up to a 4 star shortly.

Worth checking out his twitter feed for highlights.

Seems like I was wrong about Lester and Shafer. They are really finding gems and making things happen - especially at QB.

Would the comparison of Scott to a better throwing Flowers for USF be accurate?