Class of 2014 - QB Michael O'Connor - PSU Transfer to British Columbia | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Michael O'Connor - PSU Transfer to British Columbia

Agreed, good scoop. Now I'm just curious to see where else O'Connor is looking, and when he's planning on making a move. If we get O'Korn, I would have to think that takes O'Connor off the table, right? No chance they'd both want to come in.
Other offers were Sparty, Miss State, Mizzou, Rutgers, Vandy, and...BUFFALO. YOU GOT THIS Trueblue25

Not if he goes to a FCS school, right?
As I recall, Pat Devlin transferred from PSU to Delaware and started the following season.
Correct. I remember when I was at Ithaca we had a Navy transfer step in and play immediately. Helped us win the National Championship that year.

If we had a chose i'd hope it's O'Conner. Maybe we let it play out a bit if we have a good feeling? Plus we could have O'Conner for 3 years instead of 2 for O'Korn.
The 3 vs 2 is definitely big. I'd gladly take either one right now, to be honest. So hard to try to figure out what kind of QB O'Connor is.

One thing, though...getting interest from two high profile transfer QBs, does this speak to Lester at all? Or is it just kids seeing a spot where they can step in and start?

The 3 vs 2 is definitely big. I'd gladly take either one right now, to be honest. So hard to try to figure out what kind of QB O'Connor is.

One thing, though...getting interest from two high profile transfer QBs, does this speak to Lester at all? Or is it just kids seeing a spot where they can step in and start?

I think its both Lester and the chance to start right away with O'Korn. O'Connor probably due to the chance to start but I am confident in Lester as a recruiter to help things along

I'd say it's more Lester than Syracuse or the depth chart.. There's a handful of P5 Schools these kids could compete for a starting spot at.

I'd say it's more Lester than Syracuse or the depth chart.. There's a handful of P5 Schools these kids could compete for a starting spot at.

And that is why if we get one to commit they would probably only take one. These kids want that chance to play.

Yes he would. When Jarred Uthoff transferred from Wisconsin basketball after a redshirt freshman year, he still had to sit out a year so I assume the rule is still the same.
The NCAA only gives you 5 years to play 4, so if you redshirted a year…and sat out a year, that would leave him with only 3 years to play, which seems like a rip off to me….

He and O'Korn should have a nice battle in the spring of 2016.

Maybe being from Ottawa is also a factor here.
Our sports network did a tv special on him about last year... Glad he might come here !

Are things looking up for Syracuse football after a 3-9 year?

Stay tuned...

I just saw this on bleacher report. Would he be a redshirt sophomore in 2016?

I think it speaks mostly to the fact that these 2 kids have seen all the back ups at QB play. Nobody that saw Wilson, Long and Kimble play was thinking "man, they are loaded." There is opportunity here.

I think it speaks mostly to the fact that these 2 kids have seen all the back ups at QB play. Nobody that saw Wilson, Long and Kimble play was thinking "man, they are loaded." There is opportunity here.
Vert true O'Korn and O'Conner suddenly see the Orange as a viable destination. Sure its a given,right? If we either or both they have to sit and wait and while they have experience Eric Dungey will be there knowing what he has to do. From what I've seen of him on video,Dungey should not be underestimated by any of those involved here. Either way Lester is going to need an exciting offense. Even with Hunt back there and improved RBs and WRs that have more experience. Custis must be included. along with the TEs factoring in more often.

CanadianSU said:
I'm surprised IMO Hackenburg at PSU is average. Id gladly take this guy!
hackenberg will be a 1st rd pick. Not sure if you're serious.

He and O'Korn should have a nice battle in the spring of 2016.
I don't think we will get both of them. If I am O'Korn, with only two years left, I would want to go someplace..it is almost guaranteed that I would start…..but that is just me…

I like the O'Korn kid!..Looking at his freshman highlight tape, we don't have a QB on the roster with his skill set. Look at his arm..and his deep ball…..He is faster than Hunt…shows good mobility for a tall kid… Check out the tape…