Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Love that city. And hey, the Cubs just signed Jason Heyward too!

Love that city. And hey, the Cubs just signed Jason Heyward too!

Even with all the craziness going on here, Chicago is still the best. Love that the new staff is recruiting hard out here. Moran and Black would be great adds

Any idea how Culpepper's ACL rehab is going? Do you think he will be ready to fully participate / compete in spring practice or will he have to wait until August?

Any idea how Culpepper's ACL rehab is going? Do you think he will be ready to fully participate / compete in spring practice or will he have to wait until August?
Great question. If he's not cleared to play this year that will leave us scary thin at QB. in this case we should go after a juco or grad transfer if we cant get a 2016 kid we really like.

Great question. If he's not cleared to play this year that will leave us scary thin at QB. in this case we should go after a juco or grad transfer if we cant get a 2016 kid we really like.
I would prefer a JUCO or a grad transfer... as long as they have had a lot of on field playing. No more Drew Allens.

No news is good news. I doubt there is anything being hidden from the media.

I think the problem w a high profile grad transfer is who is going to want to sit behind dungey. I know people keep saying dungey is fragile but he will be much more protected in babers system.

About a month or so ago, I don't remember where, there was an article saying he was ahead of schedule. They didn't rule Spring out, but, I'd have a hard time believing he'd be full go. Most likely doing lighter rehab work.

About a month or so ago, I don't remember where, there was an article saying he was ahead of schedule. They didn't rule Spring out, but, I'd have a hard time believing he'd be full go. Most likely doing lighter rehab work.

So according to the Bailey article in October it will be 6 months post surgery tomorrow:
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2015/10/rex_culpepper_syracuse_football_acl.html

Everyone situation is different but return to sport from ACL can be as short as 6 months. If there were no setbacks I imagine he will participate in Spring practice.

So the list on cuse.com has him at 6'1" 216lbs which they also had on the tw sports special

I guess he shrunk 2"

Does that mean he's really only 6' with no shoes on?

And looks like Butler shrunk 3" from what he was originally reported at