Class of 2021 - QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke

Agree that our recruiting could/should be better, but “in serious trouble”?
Yeah, that’s just hyperbole, IMO.
And the TE who chose Rutgers, didn’t we just lock up Landon Morris, a kid w/ multiple P5 offers just last week?
But yeah...doomed.
not looking for an argument only speaking as a bigger picture. as for the te i used as an example is one of 6-7 that commited to ru that su has offered. what is so disconcerting to me is that we loose so many to rutgers. what does that say about us? i do not think i am simplifying the recruiting dilemma --

not looking for an argument only speaking as a bigger picture. as for the te i used as an example is one of 6-7 that commited to ru that su has offered. what is so disconcerting to me is that we loose so many to rutgers. what does that say about us? i do not think i am simplifying the recruiting dilemma --
Forgive me for not being as obsessed with the Rutgers football program as so many posters on this forum are. I’m sure now that Schiano is back as their head coach, those RU-obsessed SU fans will have plenty of material that they’ve been dying to post since he was last there.
Oh, and lest I forget, it doesn’t escape me and others here that you also are one of the biggest apologists, explainers, and/or Rutgers defenders on this board- & how you seemingly can’t wait to bring them up in every post...funny how that works.
Again, should we be recruiting better? Arguably, I’d say yes. But winning cures all ills, and whatever our ratings right now, if we win games, we’ll be fine. And i still have faith in Dino- that we will win. JMHO

Last edited:

Do we really lose so many to Rutgers? I guess you'd know better than I. Schools offer many more recruits than they actually take. Are there guys who have, at present, committed to Rutgers who Syracuse offered? Yes. I don't know how many, and frankly, I don't care. When all is said and done, we'll have a recruiting class and so will they. Since geographically we're in a similar footprint, there will undoubtedly be overlap in offers.

We haven't been beating a bunch of P5 schools w/ any of our commits thus far. Some have 1-2 P5 offers, some have 0. I know people want to assume they'd all have 20 offers if there were camps, but we don't know that. Doesn't mean none of them will be good, but it is what it is.

we are in the top 10-20 for most offers out, it stands to say many recruits that go elsewhere will have an offer from us

We haven't been beating a bunch of P5 schools w/ any of our commits thus far. Some have 1-2 P5 offers, some have 0. I know people want to assume they'd all have 20 offers if there were camps, but we don't know that. Doesn't mean none of them will be good, but it is what it is.
Shafferesque

What's a "WELP"?
aking.jpg

Ugh. Duke?? For football? Didn’t we beat them by like 500 points last year?
One game means less then Cutliffe putting QB's in the league

Ugh. Duke?? For football? Didn’t we beat them by like 500 points last year?

Yes but their Head coach is one of the most well respected in the game when it comes to coaching the QB position. That and the fact the kids QB coach for the past 6-7 years was coached by Cut as well. That may have something to do with it. There is some logic here whether people want to follow it or not is up to them.

Just have to keep grinding. The only answer. I am not saying it doesn't suck but the kid chose to go to one of the best academic schools in the country coached by one of the best QB gurus out there. Worse choices could be made

Lol, we've lost like one kid we actually wanted to Rutgers. Your closet RU fandom is showing again...

If you want to discuss Rutgers there is an entire flaming thread on the football forum.

Lol, we've lost like one kid we actually wanted to Rutgers. Your closet RU fandom is showing again...
and you know "like one kid"????what about the others.

Our QB recruiting is super frustrating and it's hard to just stay positive. The majority of QBs commit early to secure their spot and I was really hoping that this year with such a clear path to playing time that we would be a prime candidate to pull in a preferred guy early.

Obviously doesn't mean that we won't find a quality guy somewhere along the way but there's no way to not be disappointed with how QB recruiting has been the past 3-4 years. On the positive side, we are an absolute top notch transfer destination for the 4 and 5 star kids that lose battles this summer and next spring.

Im optimisitc next year we will get a good guy, he can redshirt and be start RFr and be the man for 4 years

Im optimisitc next year we will get a good guy, he can redshirt and be start RFr and be the man for 4 years
The class of '21 is already the ones that would be the class to redshirt one year with a SR TD and then have 4 years. Next year QB recruiting would be with TD out of the picture.

Our QB recruiting is super frustrating and it's hard to just stay positive. The majority of QBs commit early to secure their spot and I was really hoping that this year with such a clear path to playing time that we would be a prime candidate to pull in a preferred guy early.

Obviously doesn't mean that we won't find a quality guy somewhere along the way but there's no way to not be disappointed with how QB recruiting has been the past 3-4 years. On the positive side, we are an absolute top notch transfer destination for the 4 and 5 star kids that lose battles this summer and next spring.
Yeah, I'm a bit surprised that the transfer portal for QBs hasn't been more of a friend to us.

Yes but their Head coach is one of the most well respected in the game when it comes to coaching the QB position. That and the fact the kids QB coach for the past 6-7 years was coached by Cut as well. That may have something to do with it. There is some logic here whether people want to follow it or not is up to them.

Just have to keep grinding. The only answer. I am not saying it doesn't suck but the kid chose to go to one of the best academic schools in the country coached by one of the best QB gurus out there. Worse choices could be made

Best QB gurus? Pump the breaks.

One game means less then Cutliffe putting QB's in the league

He's a good QB coach but ..come on. The Mannings were going to be great no matter who coached them. Daniel Jones has accomplished nothing, yet, and the other Duke QB he coached that made the NFL flamed out. Like i said, he's a good QB coach but he isn't making or breaking a kids chances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom