Class of 2021 - QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke

When certain posters say "bad/sad" things, I say either "Hmm...we'll see," or, "Son-of-a b!tch," because I believe them. I really wish you were in the former group...but you're not.
(Son-of-a b!tch:mad:)

I would LOVE to be wrong on this. I trust what I’ve been told. I hate. Because I think a QB with Riley’s skill set is perfect for us. That’s why I was so sad about Chance leaving.

This hurts for a few reason
1. We again identify a good target and lose him.
2. We all saw Dungey in him and really want to see that on the field for Syracuse again.
3. Another year of missing Plan As and maybe Bs at this point.

One positive is the rest of the kids coming in have been great and really like what the new coaches are doing.
I truly hope Riley has a great career and kicks some SEC butts if he picks Vandy.

I posed the same question last night. it was pointed out to me, and I agree with him 100%, that Dino needs to get a QB to the league. We run an offense that when done correctly will put up huge numbers, but the fact that he’s not recruited a QB that has done it in the league, is being used against us. Jimmy G wasn’t recruited by Babers. Devito needs a good season(s) and needs to be drafted.

Fair point. I guess Vandy is still sitting on Cutler?

Seems if that’s his destination, it wasn’t a factor here. For others, yes.

He’s just taking a visit without even meeting the coaches though. And the good thing as well is I cannot imagine this coach making it through this year... let the kid do his due diligence and see what happens. Everyone is acting like he already committed! deep deep breaths people

Last edited:
Why are all of our chips on an unrated, under recruited player from Alabama in the first place? ...

I know you are frustrated, but he has offers from Duke, Vanderbilt and Nebraska besides us. There is no doubt he will be at least a 3 star and he is 3 stars on one service right now.

Academics are huge to this kid and sorry but their academics are above ours. Their staff is probably going to be fired after next season and they signed FOUR QBs in the 2020 class. So it better be academics I should say ;)

Academics are huge to this kid and sorry but their academics are above ours. Their staff is probably going to be fired after next season and they signed FOUR QBs in the 2020 class. So it better be academics I should say ;)
4 QBs in 2020? That is allot of QBs in one class.

Yeah, that also makes duke the most logical choice - academics and great coach for qb’s that ain’t going nowhere until he decides to retire

if true, whose next on the big board?

Yeah, that also makes duke the most logical choice - academics and great coach for qb’s that ain’t going nowhere until he decides to retire

if true, whose next on the big board?
Duke just got a transfer from Clemson that is there two years. They also signed several higher recruits over the last couple of years.

Southern kid, southern offer. I’d think we’re on equal footing with Vandy otherwise. I don’t think their coach will be there after next season...

So it goes.

Southern kid, southern offer. I’d think we’re on equal footing with Vandy otherwise. I don’t think their coach will be there after next season...

So it goes.

Exactly. This kid is from Alabama. while he isn’t going to get to play FOR Alabama or Auburn, he’ll get to play against them. We can’t offer that.

Exactly. This kid is from Alabama. while he isn’t going to get to play FOR Alabama or Auburn, he’ll get to play against them. We can’t offer that.
Is that his motivating factor for choosing a college? To play against other alabama schools? would seem a silly reason to pick a school to me but whatevs

Is that his motivating factor for choosing a college? To play against other alabama schools? would seem a silly reason to pick a school to me but whatevs

Dude, he’s from Alabama.

Dude, he’s from Alabama.
Yeah I know. I just hadn’t seen where he said he wants to play Alabama teams because he didnt get any in state offers from the sec teams there. If you have the link please share.

Yeah I know. I just hadn’t seen where he said he wants to play Alabama teams because he didnt get any in state offers from the sec teams there. If you have the link please share.
Im sure that's not the deciding factor but it plays a part. Its the same pitch we give to North Carolina and South Carolina kids that would like to play against teams from those states and have their family be able to travel to the games.

Im sure that's not the deciding factor but it plays a part. Its the same pitch we give to North Carolina and South Carolina kids that would like to play against teams from those states and have their family be able to travel to the games.
Too bad... a lot of leg work for the staff that ends with a bottom feeder sec team offer to a coach that’s a dead man walking.

no worries though, I know cuse’s place In the football world and I’ve made peace with it ha.

A lot of time between now and December. Much could happen. Total bummer if we lose this kid but, we should let the cycle play out and see what happens. Recruiting has definitely picked up with the new staff. I think we will be ok.

A lot of time between now and December. Much could happen. Total bummer if we lose this kid but, we should let the cycle play out and see what happens. Recruiting has definitely picked up with the new staff. I think we will be ok.
Agreed...and Doc got back into the bottle again tonight

Which I would think would benefit Cuse and the ACC. Just like Dungey not getting an Oregon offer and coming to Syracuse to do big things in the ACC.

[SARCASM]Meanwhile, there are no less than 14 Derek Mason coached quarterbacks on NFL rosters as we speak...[/SARCASM]

[SARCASM]Meanwhile, there are no less than 14 Derek Mason coached quarterbacks on NFL rosters as we speak...[/SARCASM]
He has spent most of his Coaching career as a Defensive coach, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom