Class of 2021 - QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke

The Vandy reporter put in a Meth Ball for Leonard to Duke.

Must mean that Vandy is out.

Good for us.

not good for us because he is very likely going to Duke. Our staff worked their arses off with the kid but i think academics and being closer to home will win out.

I will just say there are a lot of highly thought of QBs this year who are uncommitted. I don't think all of our eggs are in this basket and I don't think I'd get all manic about it if Leonard doesn't pick us.

I will just say there are a lot of highly thought of QBs this year who are uncommitted. I don't think all of our eggs are in this basket and I don't think I'd get all manic about it if Leonard doesn't pick us.
Who are these highly thought of uncommitted QB's? If they're highly thought of by a P5 school, I have no confidence we can get them.

I think the Vandy writer is just guessing because he knows it's not Vandy. That's great news for us if they're out. We can beat out Duke.
I'm with you. I've seen nothing in this thread to indicate we are out, other than internal doomsday/skepticism.

I think the Vandy writer is just guessing because he knows it's not Vandy. That's great news for us if they're out. We can beat out Duke.
I agree. Vandy probably doesn‘t have a clue about our efforts with Riley.

Who are these highly thought of uncommitted QB's? If they're highly thought of by a P5 school, I have no confidence we can get them.

You're fawning all over a kid with 4 power 5 offers as is; of which none are even high major P5 offers.

I count over 40 some odd QBs rated 3 stars or higher that have not committed. I'm not diving any deeper in to them than the star ratings (which a few people worship anyways.) Feel free to do the legwork. I'm curious about the kid in NYC - Noah Bodden.

I love Leonard but his tape isn't infallible. He throws a lot of wobbly ducks. I think he's got a ton lot of potential but there's certainly no guarantee.

fyi - in looking over the QB prospects I noticed Duke got a QB commit in early April from Jordan Moore out of Towson, MD so they already have a kid on board.

Last edited:
You're fawning all over a kid with 4 power 5 offers as is; of which none are even high major P5 offers.

I count over 40 some odd QBs rated 3 stars or higher that have not committed. I'm not diving any deeper in to them than the star ratings (which a few people worship anyways.) Feel free to do the legwork. I'm curious about the kid in NYC - Noah Bodden.

I love Leonard but his tape isn't infallible. He throws a lot of wobbly ducks. I think he's got a ton lot of potential but there's certainly no guarantee.

fyi - in looking over the QB prospects I noticed Duke got a QB commit in early April from Jordan Moore out of Towson, MD so they already have a kid on board.
I'm with you. Leonard is a southern boy who probably won't leave the South. There are other QBs out there. Some of you seem to already have forgotten about Dillon. Such a fickle bunch. ;)

Ok, so to summarize: Riley to 'Cuse is mostly dead?

Screenshot_20200518-112845~2.png

Last edited:
I'm with you. Leonard is a southern boy who probably won't leave the South. There are other QBs out there. Some of you seem to already have forgotten about Dillon. Such a fickle bunch. ;)

that's funny because I was going to bring this up. In terms of pure passer Dillon's tape is better in my view.

It's not him in particular. It's the lack of good options at this point in the process. It seems like we hone in on one guy at a time.
I am optimistic we'll be able to land a good transfer next year as Tommy enters his Senior year, as there'll be a bunch of highly recruited guys losing QB competitions. We'll take their sloppy seconds.

There will always be others but when the kid says "they have me as their No. 1" and we don't come away with him its a little hard to come away without being a little disappointed.
Especially when he elects to be the #2 QB commitment for a school while we have zero QB commitments.

It’s like saying, I’ll take a 50% chance at being named the starting QB at Duke instead of a 100% chance at being named the starting QB at Syracuse, when my time comes. (I know not exactly but you get the point.)

that's funny because I was going to bring this up. In terms of pure passer Dillon's tape is better in my view.

I am personally the other way. Haven't watched a lot of film on various QB offers through the years, but Leonard's video is right there with Devito IMO.

Leonard's release and the projection he has is what excites me about him. Think the arm strength will come as the frame fills out and the footwork on throws is really good (based on highlight film, so it better be).

He is a definite P5 QB for me with All-ACC upside, probably a low 4 star in my opinion. Would love to get him, but think whomever gets him is going to get a really, really, really good QB prospect.

One of the recent articles on this kid had a quote from his high school coach and the coach raved about Cutcliffe, so that could be a big factor in the final decision.

McCalister has a cb for Duke. Would have been I nice get. On to the next recruit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom