Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

CuseLegacy said:
So did I miss something or is this Rovals guy wrong? Justin Rowland · May 16 QB Anthony Brown pushing #VirginiaTech visit to June will obviously impact #BostonCollege.

He's right. Tos has had the info up as well.

Interesting development. Sounds like a decision will not be coming soon, then. That's disappointing.

Interesting development. Sounds like a decision will not be coming soon, then. That's disappointing.
With the 2 QB's coming in this year regardless of what Brown does we are OK, I don't see where he is better then either Dungey, or Womack. They also will have a year in the system before Brown even gets here

With the 2 QB's coming in this year regardless of what Brown does we are OK, I don't see where he is better then either Dungey, or Womack. They also will have a year in the system before Brown even gets here
I know - I think Dungey and Womack both have a chance of being very good. I'd still like to land our top QB target this year, of course, for continued added depth.

Personally I like both Womack and Dungey more then Brown, and I like Sawyer Smith more then both Brown, and Moore. It would definitely be nice to get Brown, but I wouldn't lose sleep over him.

Personally I like both Womack and Dungey more then Brown, and I like Sawyer Smith more then both Brown, and Moore. It would definitely be nice to get Brown, but I wouldn't lose sleep over him.
whenever we start talking like this, it usually means...

whenever we start talking like this, it usually means...

It means that it is MAY and everyone is antsy for a commitment.

If I am wrong please correct me but last year this time I believe we had 5 commits. Three who committed to SU sight unseen..Robinson, Clausman and Byrne...and only two of those stuck. And the two NY state kids Perkins and Fredericks. This year we currently have have three commits DeGeorge, Palmer and Washington...four if you throw in Ginnetti. Next month, when kids are out of school and taking visits there should be more commits...just like last year.

If I am wrong please correct me but last year this time I believe we had 5 commits. Three who committed to SU sight unseen..Robinson, Clausman and Byrne...and only two of those stuck. And the two NY state kids Perkins and Fredericks. This year we currently have have three commits DeGeorge, Palmer and Washington...four if you throw in Ginnetti. Next month, when kids are out of school and taking visits there should be more commits...just like last year.
Last year at this time we did have 5, and three of those came on 5/16. We didn't get a 6th until June. It's absurdly early in the process.

Last year at this time we did have 5, and three of those came on 5/16. We didn't get a 6th until June. It's absurdly early in the process.
Yep, very early. There are only a small number of schools with double-digit commits. Most are pretty much where we are.

Yep, very early. There are only a small number of schools with double-digit commits. Most are pretty much where we are.

And sadly some of those with double digits will recruit over kids or will have kids decommit to flip to another school.

I wonder why you responded to me with that post. You obviously didn't get what I meant by my post.

Well i think brown could keep the momentum going and was hoping he could help in convincing orher jerseys prospects to commit

CL I think Dasher was saying that Brown will commit to us now that people are ready to move on already. I think it was easy to picture a flood of commits after the RW excitement but that isn't realistic. It will play out fine for us

baggerbob said:
I think we should continue recruiting the position until we are certain we found one.

jekelish said:
but weren't we bragging early last year that recruiting for 2015 was over and that gave us the opportunity to jump start on recruiting for 2016? I thought we were way ahead of the game?

anomander said:
Ya I don't see anyone worried about the number of commits? I'd rather see the staff be patient and go after the best players they can get instead of taking anyone who will commit.
I think some people are worried of a last minute scramble sort of like what happened to us last year.

CL I think Dasher was saying that Brown will commit to us now that people are ready to move on already. I think it was easy to picture a flood of commits after the RW excitement but that isn't realistic. It will play out fine for us

My post was meant as a general reminder for posters of where we were last year at this time and we shouldn't be too concerned with numbers. I wasn't really responding negatively to Dasher, I shouldn't have responded with a reply to his post. Sorry dasher

but weren't we bragging early last year that recruiting for 2015 was over and that gave us the opportunity to jump start on recruiting for 2016? I thought we were way ahead of the game?
I don't know about the bragging part, as I'm pretty much a newbie to the board, but it seems like we're doing a pretty good job of evaluating and pulling the trigger on 2016, 2017, and 2018 recruits. Most will probably wait a while before committing to any school. Wish Steven would've waited before committing to South Alabama back in late June of last year. He didn't, and it caused a little bit of consternation.

It doesn't mean that the staff is way ahead of the game in commitments but rather in evaluating prospects and developing relationships with HS coaches. Just look at how many 2017 and 2018 offers have been given out. Those don't just happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom