Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

our last minute scramble led to recruits who were offered by florida and letting go of some of the lesser talented early commits.

Definitely our 2015 recruiting cycle was very SECish. You may feel a little bit dirty, but it's what you have to do if you want to win.

Not sure if it would even play into Brown's recruitment, but Rutgers just got a QB commit.

I wonder if he has been checking out KW and ED. Too much competition here?

I wonder if he has been checking out KW and ED. Too much competition here?

Right, the track record screams that this is a place that stockpiles QB talent. There is no way Brown fears "too much competition" from a couple of kids that have never taken a college snap. If anything, Brown sees SU as a great opportunity for playing time. And if he is "afraid"...I'm not sure we would want him.

Right, the track record screams that this is a place that stockpiles QB talent. There is no way Brown fears "too much competition" from a couple of kids that have never taken a college snap. If anything, Brown sees SU as a great opportunity for playing time. And if he is "afraid"...I'm not sure we would want him.

I agree that it shouldn't scare him away but to think that the roster may have a RS soph. and two RS frosh. when you enter in 2016 isn't in the plus column for us recruiting any kid. The talent ahead is unknown but roster depth and class are a big consideration with kids most of the time.

In the end, I want this kid to pick SU. Let the strongest QBs survive and the others can move position or transfer. Someone has to stick you'd think.

I'm not talking about our track record. I'm looking at ED and KW's highlights and then noticing our fan base gushing over both of them. Anthony has noticed the same thing I'm sure. I hope he's confident enough that he won't be bothered by it, but, who knows?

I think I might have missed someplace above. Is he no longer committing before June?

Last edited:
No word yet, but I wouldn't bet on it. He hasn't come out and said anything, as far as I know. But he did not go to VT this past weekend so I think that puts things on hold.

jgeorge322 said:
you imply that the lack of current commits means we aren't ahead of the game in recruiting, which is a false pretense.

Commitments are the end product of everything you mentioned. It's the measure of success. You can evaluate and create new relationships all you want but at the end of the day you need commitments.

We were supposed to be ahead of the game last year.

syr02esq said:
Commitments are the end product of everything you mentioned. It's the measure of success. You can evaluate and create new relationships all you want but at the end of the day you need commitments. We were supposed to be ahead of the game last year.

Relationships don't always mean early commitments. But it might mean staying in the running for some kids longer. Look no further than Pickard last cycle.

Commitments are the end product of everything you mentioned. It's the measure of success. You can evaluate and create new relationships all you want but at the end of the day you need commitments.

By whose measure? Yours?

I'm not talking about our track record. I'm looking at ED and KW's highlights and then noticing our fan base gushing over both of them. Anthony has noticed the same thing I'm sure. I hope he's confident enough that he won't be bothered by it, but, who knows?

Sorry Cusester, didn't mean to suggest you were talking about our track record. What I did mean is that, I don't think you need to worry about Brown being concerned about what this board thinks (or "gushes over;" that's there with pretty much everybody who commits) or what he thinks about the higlight tapes of 2 HS kids (especially given the track record for finding QBs).

Without development of relationships there would be no commitments. Do you realize how many years Washington was being recruited by Syracuse? Have you not noticed the number of commits Syracuse received last year in NJ because of Acosta. Recruiting is a long distance race, not a sprint. Yes commitments are the goal but so is the development of relationships and expansion of territory. The ability to already extend offers to 2017s and 2018s is part of being ahead of the game.[/

well get committments. we always have. you cannot measure our success until we know what the quality of the committments are. that will be evaluated somewhat at the end of the recruiting cycle.

your premise that we dont have committments now means we arent/werent ahead of the game is flawed. it doesnt reflect the end result. surely, a JD can grasp that.

lastly, we have one of the highest rated commits in a decade. one of his comments was we were on him early and stayed on him. clearly, it paid off. therefore, there is more proof were ahead of the game, than the opposite.

well get committments. we always have. you cannot measure our success until we know what the quality of the committments are. that will be evaluated somewhat at the end of the recruiting cycle.

your premise that we dont have committments now means we arent/werent ahead of the game is flawed. it doesnt reflect the end result. surely, a JD can grasp that.

lastly, we have one of the highest rated recruits in a decade. one of his comments was we were on him early and stayed on him. clearly, it paid off. therefore, there is more proof were ahead of the game, than the opposite.

As a proud Red Ram, I am offended by this comment. Now if you said FM, I'd be on board! :eek:

oh...

939.gif

He is referencing his name being esq (esquire) and JD as his degree as a lawyer. Surely a JD Red Ram might have missed that... ;)

J.D. is the proper way,even this dumb ass knows that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom