Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

No not really but I do like Womack better than Brown.
No way Brown is the lesser player. Another rationalization to keep SU recruiting hope alive, but the Orange still cant win the big one.

Lost this one. Wish the kid the best but hope we stay after him. We need to win games more than anything. Brown isnt going to help a team do that for another 3 years. Was hoping to keep the momentum though.

Prayers for Anthony Brown. Shy/Franklin/Hodge/Moskal/Thomas/Bennet/Henderson Jr. will not be nearly as forgiving as us.
And you're missing one SU player with a grudge against Boston College, too. Not going to say who, because honestly I can't remember if he was okay with me telling people about his hatred or not.

I wanted him but if we missed on Brown and if we can't get someone else worth it I wouldn't mind punting on QB in 16 and go big in 17.

Shockingly, I'm not overly surprised or dissapointed with this miss. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out moving forward.

And you're missing one SU player with a grudge against Boston College, too. Not going to say who, because honestly I can't remember if he was okay with me telling people about his hatred or not.

... On defense?

Am I dumb for not remembering/knowing this?

I wanted him but if we missed on Brown and if we can't get someone else worth it I wouldn't mind punting on QB in 16 and go big in 17.

Shockingly, I'm not overly surprised or dissapointed with this miss. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out moving forward.

Time to make the necessary steps (Neal/Colone/thompson or Bryant) to land Jared Mayden and strike gold with his brother as well.

No way Brown is the lesser player. Another rationalization to keep SU recruiting hope alive, but the Orange still cant win the big one.

I'd love to know what your basis is for Womack being lesser than Brown.

Bring the SMU kid to campus. This surprised me but then again the kid kept dragging things out. Screw Addazio and onward and upward!

Time to make the necessary steps (Neal/Colone/thompson or Bryant) to land Jared Mayden and strike gold with his brother as well.

Yep we need another domino to drop. I thought it was going to be Brown but oh well. I had a bad feeling once Lester visited the kid committed to SMU.

Just imagining HCSS pulling shy aside before BC's offense takes the field and HCSS calmly, but hard-nosedly saying "You know what to do".

Lock the gate?

Then you need to watch Dungey's and Womack's highlights for the first time. Very impressive and apparently Anthony Brown agrees.

Then you need to watch Dungey's and Womack's highlights for the first time. Very impressive and apparently Anthony Brown agrees.
let me be clear - your position is that Brown would have committed to Syracuse, but was so spooked at the prospect of competing with Dungey and Womack that he decided to go to BC instead?

and people here like to make fun of Rutgers fans...

I never got the impression that he was an SU lean. Give the young man a break, he had a hard choice to make and I hope it all works out for him. The one exception would be SU vs. BC!

I really don't need to explain this. If you can't see the differences between SU and BC, you're blind. We need to start winning and beating them more often head to head. But that's just a part of it. One part: Addazio made a switch to dual-threat QBs a year or two ago. Had BC still been playing pro style QBs, Brown would be Orange.

Womack and Dungey are exciting recruits that have a lot of promise and talent (be it raw or refined).

However, Brown is a level of QB recruit that wouldn't be scared to come here and compete against those two. Not saying Brown is better, but all three are high level prospects.

Personally, I prefer Dungey over all 3 but have the belief that Womack will be great. I bet Brown will be versatile and dynamic, just hope he gets up after the first blitz we send his way.

cuseguy said:
I really don't need to explain this. If you can't see the differences between SU and BC, you're blind. We need to start winning and beating them more often head to head. But that's just a part of it. One part: Addazio made a switch to dual-threat QBs a year or two ago. Had BC still been playing pro style QBs, Brown would be Orange.

Shafer is 1-1 vs BC.