Quade Green to Washington | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Quade Green to Washington

Nowell will be back. Great college player, but really doesn't have what the NBA is looking for. I am yet to see him show up on NBA draft boards.

The team is pretty limited offensively. Crisp wasn't meant to be a starting PG, and we have zero depth there. Center has been a disappointment between Wright and Timmins. All the quality players play the wing position. I agree that Naz will become a great player.

Like someone mentioned, we need to get Stewart or McDaniels to have a chance next season. Depending on which recruits we land and if Nowell comes back, this team could be anywhere from an NIT team to a possible final four contender.

watched 1st half of huskies/ sacramento st. last night. huskies were down but must've come back.
hopkins has a couple of upstate ny players contributing. does he still have a pipeline here and how long does that last ?

Everything I've read states that, after sitting out the next two semesters, Green only has 1.5 years of eligibility remaining. How can that be? Did they get rid of the "5 to play 4" rule?
Sits a year, then will have 2.5 years. Will suit up next January.

Sits a year, then will have 2.5 years. Will suit up next January.

Didn't he use one of his four seasons of eligibility last year and another one this year? I know it's 5 to play 4, but if he suits up in January 2020 aren't his four seasons 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, and 2020-21?

Didn't he use one of his four seasons of eligibility last year and another one this year? I know it's 5 to play 4, but if he suits up in January 2020 aren't his four seasons 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, and 2020-21?

He left after the first semester. He can still play 2.5 years because he didn’t play the full year this season.

Husky fan here,

Only a few posts here as I signed up when we hired Hop.

He is such a hard worker. We always thought Romar was a great recruiter (which he was), but Hop has shown that he will work hard for his recruits. As shown, he was able to pull Naz Carter and Wright from the east coast all the way to UW. Neither guy has really panned out, but Naz will likely become a great player once he is a junior and senior. We are a little puzzled on Wright since I think he was NY state POY. He has struggled for the most part, looks like a confidence issue.

This season was suppose to be the big jump, but we look like a bubble team once again. We were banking on experience, but none of the seniors look improved. We've already had big losses to Auburn and VTech, showing us that we aren't a top 25 team yet.

I watch a fair amount of Cuse, and I definitely see a lot of similarities between our teams. Great defense, but the offense can be awful at times, particularly outside shooting. Is Cuse offense always known for being stagnant with little to no structure? Hop seems like a great defensive coach, but the offense seems mediocre at best. Tough to tell because we don't have a true PG. Which is why Quade Green will help us so much.

Wish you guys all the best, before the season I had you guys as a sneaky final four team because of the defense and having Howard, Brissett and Battle. Like us, you guys started as a top 25 team and have since fallen out. Would like to see us both make the tourney, and how fun would that be if we got matched up.

On the topic of Hop leaving for Cuse, we all think he is here to stay. If he does leave, doubt it will be back to Syracuse. Also, we are really hoping we land Stewart. Sounds like it is between us, you guys, Duke and Michigan State. We are a little worried because we are competing with bigger hoop programs, but we really trust Hop. Ideal situation next season is bring in both 5 star players, Stewart and McDaniels, and hope Nowell comes back for another season. If all those happen, this team could compete for a championship.
Have you heard Hop do Pearl Jam on the radio talk show yet? Lol!

See Cusefan0307 above...[/

This is incorrect - you have 5 years to compete in 4 seasons

He has competed in 2 seasons already - only 2 left - a half season counts as 1

Seems like Hop is a JB clone as far as his offense goes. I love Hop as much as the next person and appreciate everything he has done for Syracuse but when the time comes I hope we go in a completely different direction as far as our head coaching selection.

Seems like Hop is a JB clone as far as his offense goes. I love Hop as much as the next person and appreciate everything he has done for Syracuse but when the time comes I hope we go in a completely different direction as far as our head coaching selection.
x100

Made you look
tenor.gif

yeah 5-21 overall this year??? jeesh

Quade would be a slick backup for JG3...maybe we can get hop to come back too. hes a decent assistant for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom