Quadir Copeland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland

I would think that both Judah and Quadir will be working their butts off on their outside shots in the off season. For both of them, their form is decent. I could see either or both ending up serviceable from three point range next year.
The thought of that backcourt has me excited for the first time in years. We could actually be “good” good again if they both stay and develop.

The thought of that backcourt has me excited for the first time in years. We could actually be “good” good again if they both stay and develop.
If I were Joe I’d stay, absolutely no reason not to, probably getting a fat chunk of change in NIL and playing close to his family, Europe can wait a year.

I say rip the Band-Aid off and start giving them run together now. Joe needs to be on the shortest of leashes.

If I were Joe I’d stay, absolutely no reason not to, probably getting a fat chunk of change in NIL and playing close to his family, Europe can wait a year.
I’d rather Joe go to Europe and start cashing real paychecks. Our team will be much more athletic offensively and defensively without him.

2023/24 could be a really good team
Copeland Mintz Bell Williams Hima
Torrence Taylor Brown Carey (portal wing/center)

Last edited:
He was from the minute he was on our radar my number 1 recruit. Kid is special.

I’d rather Joe go to Europe and start cashing real paychecks. Our team will be much more athletic offensively and defensively without him.

2023/24 could be a really good team
Copeland Mintz Bell Williams Hima
Torrence Taylor Brown Carey (portal wing/center)
That lineup looks sub .500 to me, ugggh

Mintz + Copeland together as the guards… with no Joe? Better hope Bell is channeling a Curry for those minutes, cuz no one else will be worth covering outside of 12’.

I love QC’s attitude. When Bell started hitting shots, I don’t think there was a person on the planet who was happier for him than Mr. Copeland from the bench. That says a lot for both QC and Bell.

I just don’t remember too many offensive rebound hoops on missed FTs for us in many years. Heck, was it last year when we were just putting everybody back on defense on FT’s?

I couldn’t believe that play, lol.

I thought he was tremendous tonight -- his energy was one the keys to the big comeback. Also hit a bunch of shots earlier, and then the huge 4-point play. 10 points on 4-5 shooting, 5 rebs, 2 blocks, 1 steal (all in just 13 min).
Totally agree and think Copeland had a super game tonight but why does it seem like every game a different freshman pops up with an out of this world game? Too bad JB could not figure out who that player was going to be each night without trying them all. For the last few games the words on Copeland have been - out of control, playing too fast, etc. Tonight he was dead nuts on. That is what happens when you bring in 6-7 new players. We should have figured this out before we ended OOC but here we are. This team has room to grow but we are in the conference now and have run out of development time. It is on the coaching staff to get the right 5 on the floor. Not the "good old boys" that started the last 24 halves this season. Players that are doing it, belong on the floor.

He got in the last game, threw a horrendous pass and that indicated he was also going to throw the subsequent five passes out of bounds, as well. Apparently, getting benched for one error makes you exponentially better, but only after 48 hours.

He got in the last game, threw a horrendous pass and that indicated he was also going to throw the subsequent five passes out of bounds, as well. Apparently, getting benched for one error makes you exponentially better, but only after 48 hours.
Not sure why you insist upon dying on this particular hill. You were wrong then and you’re still wrong.

Not sure why you insist upon dying on this particular hill. You were wrong then and you’re still wrong.
Your particular brand of illogic somehow makes you arrogant.

Maybe you could actually present some reasoning. I doubt it, but you could at least try.

Your particular brand of illogic somehow makes you arrogant.

Maybe you could actually present some reasoning. I doubt it, but you could at least try.
Here you go, bubbeleh: https://syracusefan.com/threads/cornell-gameday.173186/page-12#post-4493093

So did it stunt his growth?

It’s as if there’s - wait for it - no correlation whatsoever. JB decided not to play him anymore that day…and it was the right decision. JB decided to play him more than other players tonight…and it was the right decision.

Most importantly, Q survived the trauma of being benched over a bad play. Contrary to popular belief, he did not cower in a corner of the locker room. He did not forget how to play basketball.

Here you go, bubbeleh: https://syracusefan.com/threads/cornell-gameday.173186/page-12#post-4493093

So did it stunt his growth?

It’s as if there’s - wait for it - no correlation whatsoever. JB decided not to play him anymore that day…and it was the right decision. JB decided to play him more than other players tonight…and it was the right decision.

Most importantly, Q survived the trauma of being benched over a bad play. Contrary to popular belief, he did not cower in a corner of the locker room. He did not forget how to play basketball.
You just linked your previous comment. That isn’t supporting your argument with reasoning.

- Did it stunt his growth?
You seem to be of the opinion that ‘this’ (game?) proved your point. It doesn’t. The fact is, you don’t know what growth there would be unless you could play out two timelines. That’s the arrogance of your declaration of a ‘right’/’wrong’ decision. In your mind, the result you see is the best result that there could have been and that’s daft. Secondarily, you actually double down and assert a decision had no effect whatsoever. Which is bizarre, but, okay. To have that make sense and still work out in your favor you then have to also double down on your precognition, where keeping him in the last game would have necessarily resulted in more of the same turnovers and not the ‘good play’ we saw tonight.

“It’s as if there’s…” no way for you to imagine anything other than what you are presented with…. Which, I guess, makes it easy to argue for, since it doesn’t tax the mind much.

You’ve also erected straw men, but that’s what you get when you need to be belligerent about a concept, without having an understanding of it. No one said QC needed to be cowering in the corner I order for there to have been an effect. Not sure how you even get to that, except if you need to oversimplify psychology. Whatevs. “Trauma” was never part of it. This just reinforces that you didn‘t understand the idea(s).

That‘s about all I can say, to someone who believes there can actually be an empirically correct right Or wrong decision in this context. The truth is, there are only opinions, some with more and some with less reasoning, and then there’s the result of one of those decisions.

Oh, a positive thread about Cope!
I've been itching for him to get in and do something special. His effort would have been remembered even more fondly had we completed the comeback.
Hard guy not to root for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom