Question about Green's LOI | Syracusefan.com

Question about Green's LOI

alphaorange

Starter
One of the members posted that Green did not actually get his LOI in before the deadline because he was so conflicted. Is this true? If, in fact, he did not get it in, would the staff continue to work on him? If he has sent it in, never mind, please. When I read that, I just thought it would get more play, since she is a respected poster...

According to the Daily Orange he didn't sign one yet and will in April - but folks on here are disputing that...

Kentucky Men’s Basketball Signs Four in Fall Signing Period | UK Wildcats News

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Continuing a trend that started with the arrival of head coach John Calipari, the Kentucky men’s basketball program has once again put together one of the strongest recruiting classes in the country, signing four of the nation’s top players during the early fall signing period. Highly rated prospects Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Quade Green, Nick Richards and P.J. Washington have all inked national letters of intent with UK.

Kentucky has his LOI.

This is a non-issue.

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Continuing a trend that started with the arrival of head coach John Calipari, the Kentucky men’s basketball program has once again put together one of the strongest recruiting classes in the country, signing four of the nation’s top players during the early fall signing period. Highly rated prospects Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Quade Green, Nick Richards and P.J. Washington have all inked national letters of intent with UK.

Kentucky has his LOI.

This is a non-issue.
yep, just weird how clearly, with seeming info from the "horse's mouth", the DO has reported it

Kentucky has his LOI.

This is a non-issue.

Has anyone asked the DO if they would be interested in retracting that?

Given all the other bs about his commitment to Kentucky, I'm sure if he didn't get it in on time he was still able to get it in "on time".

Given all the other bs about his commitment to Kentucky, I'm sure if he didn't get it in on time he was still able to get it in "on time".

You do realize this isn't like backing out of the draft, right? It really doesn't matter if he got it in on time or not.

Has anyone asked the DO if they would be interested in retracting that?

Well this morning I sent a tweet to the writer of the article (Matthew Gutierrez) to confirm that he is positive no LOI was submitted, but he has not responded. However, on his twitter timeline now I do see a new version of the story with a key change:

Original:

"The five-star guard woke up Saturday still “not really sure” where he wanted to go. He filled out part of his National Letter of Intent on Wednesday, but didn’t complete it. Since the deadline for early enrollment has already passed, he plans to sign in April with the rest of his Neumann-Goretti teammates."

Now:

"Green signed his National Letter of Intent on Wednesday, but waited until Saturday night to make a formal announcement".

The funny thing is the original (wrong one) is still up on the Daily Orange website. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea for them to take that down as this is a pretty important detail.

nycfan said:
Well this morning I sent a tweet to the writer of the article (Matthew Gutierrez) to confirm that he is positive no LOI was submitted, but he has not responded. However, on his twitter timeline now I do see a new version of the story with a key change: Original: "The five-star guard woke up Saturday still “not really sure” where he wanted to go. He filled out part of his National Letter of Intent on Wednesday, but didn’t complete it. Since the deadline for early enrollment has already passed, he plans to sign in April with the rest of his Neumann-Goretti teammates." Now: "Green signed his National Letter of Intent on Wednesday, but waited until Saturday night to make a formal announcement". The funny thing is the original (wrong one) is still up on the Daily Orange website. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea for them to take that down as this is a pretty important detail.

Good investigative work there Sherlock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom