question for jake | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

question for jake

First of all I wish people would stop rationalizing if we lose Noel. He would be great for our team therefore I want him. Second of all I still think he picks us not based on anything I know, but I seriously doubt he has completely taken us out of the picture. I'll wave the white flag when he puts on a different hat other than us.

Now hearing that uk and gtown are leading. But its changing almost daily. NN is a different kid. Conventional wisdom might not be the way to go on this one. If that's the case, we got a chance. I will say this, Georgetown is in full fledged desperation mode now. Big Bad John involved.

Now hearing that uk and gtown are leading. But its changing almost daily. NN is a different kid. Conventional wisdom might not be the way to go on this one. If that's the case, we got a chance. I will say this, Georgetown is in full fledged desperation mode now. Big Bad John involved.

Gtown can get desperate all they want I dont like there chances versus Cal. When all is said and done I fully expect he will commit to Kentucky, still rooting hard for us but I have seen this movie before and I dont like the ending.

If he likes being the center of attention there's no brighter color than orange.

While we'll have a nice looking roster with or w/o him, his talent propels us to being a favorite next year.
I think SU is already a favorite next year, and I think we need what DC2 gives on the offensive end more - much more - than what NN offers on defense . . .

I think SU is already a favorite next year, and I think we need what DC2 gives on the offensive end more - much more - than what NN offers on defense . . .
From the looks of it, that's exactly what we'll have... so hopefully you're right.

NN is the whipped cream & cherry on top of a sundae . . . really tops things off, but the sundae is still mighty tasty without him

center rotation of BMK & DC2 and forward rotation of Dirty, CJ & Rak is already going to end up one of the top - if not the best - frontcourts in the nation.

NN signing is not a season-maker for Syracuse, though he probably is for the other two schools (for different reasons)

Exactly. I'd love to get NN, but if we don't, we'll be fine. This isn't a Hodge situation where we were coming off of huge recruiting victories of James Thues and Greg Davis. Of course, in hindsight that more than worked out.

And I agree with you that we will have an offensively able front court next year that we lacked this year. We will also have the guards that will look to get them the ball. And we will finally have the sharpshooter that we've been lacking for a while now. I'm really high on next year's team with or without Noel.

I like what DC2 gives us on the defensive boards.

Last I looked, Big Bad John isn't an assistant at Georgetown, therefore one would assume, in light of the expansive definition of "booster" by the NCAA, any contact by John Thompson, II, would be an NCAA violation. Not discounting the news SK, just commenting on the fact that the communication itself would be illegal.

I understand what you are saying but NN is, in my opinion, the difference between having a top 5-15 team that is in a big group of teams with a chance, and being a top 3 team that is favored against almost anyone. To put it in this years terms, he is the difference between being UK and being Kansas.

IMO, we are preseason #1 with NN.
I agree. I do have a hard time with the hoya guru's take however. MCW will be here next year. Since that is the case, I would bet he is pushing for NN to join him here.

I know this is for selfish reasons, but one of the main reasons I don't want GTown to get NN is simply because I don't want to read posts by their 4 fans coming to this board and claiming how they are back and superior.

I haven't felt this way about a recruit in a while. I really want NN on the SU roster next year.

Mcw is definitely working NN hard.
I hope so, but I think people are putting too much faith into the fact that they used to be teammates. Hopefully it means something, but in the history of college basketball, it has never really seemed to be a factor.

One thing that I always seem to overemphasize is location to hometown. I thought that it would have been a huge factor in Tobias Harris coming Syracuse vs Tennessee. I use the six hour travel mark as where most kids want to play in relation to their hometown, so their friends and families can come watch them play. Obviously it meant nothing to Harris. If it means anything to NN, we are a shoe in.

Speaking of which, how does Peyton Siva's family afford to travel around the country to watch him play. I don't judge people, but I don't think they are self-made millionaires.

I hope so, but I think people are putting too much faith into the fact that they used to be teammates. Hopefully it means something, but in the history of college basketball, it has never really seemed to be a factor.

One thing that I always seem to overemphasize is location to hometown. I thought that it would have been a huge factor in Tobias Harris coming Syracuse vs Tennessee. I use the six hour travel mark as where most kids want to play in relation to their hometown, so their friends and families can come watch them play. Obviously it meant nothing to Harris. If it means anything to NN, we are a shoe in.

Speaking of which, how does Peyton Siva's family afford to travel around the country to watch him play. I don't judge people, but I don't think they are self-made millionaires.

Harris got paid. We got played.

Bruce Pearl has been on that Sirius XM college bball show. About two weeks ago he was talking about UK and blending egos, etc. He made some very telling comments about how Tobias impacted team chemistry, and they weren't positive. He hinted that coaching him was no easy task. I all but spit out my hot chocolate.

Bruce Pearl has been on that Sirius XM college bball show. About two weeks ago he was talking about UK and blending egos, etc. He made some very telling comments about how Tobias impacted team chemistry, and they weren't positive. He hinted that coaching him was no easy task. I all but spit out my hot chocolate.
It sounds like GTown and Kent are trying to pay hard for NN while we are going the "legal" route. Just ticks me off that schools can't deal with reality and have to go the illegal way around, especially Kentucky. You think GTown wouldn't but I think they are desperate at this point.

Here's the thing - let the kid make the decision, not the frigging handlers!

It sounds like GTown and Kent are trying to pay hard for NN while we are going the "legal" route. Just ticks me off that schools can't deal with reality and have to go the illegal way around, especially Kentucky. You think GTown wouldn't but I think they are desperate at this point.

Here's the thing - let the kid make the decision, not the frigging handlers!

That's exactly what the Hoya fans said 2 weeks ago when everyone thought he was coming here!

Some heavy leverage being thrown around if you know what i mean, battle of the titans til he signs.

Some heavy leverage being thrown around if you know what i mean, battle of the titans til he signs.
Agreed...problem is the battle seems one on one...we're on the outside of the steel cage match.

Man it's discouraging to here we go from leader to not really being considered. That's too bad.

Someone mentioned Harris and Selby being drafted lower than expect and Brandon Knight being drafted higher than excepted based on recruiting assessments in another thread. I think it probably had a lot to do with both Harris and Selby being character concerns vs Knight not being one.

Very discouraging indeed! I just dont understand a few things honestly. Unless Im being naive here, and foul play is a given (aka things changing meaning offers and benefits illegal or otherwise are fluid?) How is it sooo tough to make this decision?

I get that for some players its got to be a very dificult decision as they need to make sure they will play, and play in the right system. Nerlens has neither of these things to worry about. He will play anywhere and everyone's system will adapt to exploit his every skill.

He has been recruited by these places for months, some years.
Hes visited everywhere.
Hes watched every teams style, competition, fandom for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom