Question for the Clemson guys still around... | Syracusefan.com

Question for the Clemson guys still around...

orangeinjersey

All Conference
Any quotes from the staff/players on there impressions of the dome? Size? Noise? Having crowd on top of you etc?? I saw the Dabo quote, was wondering if there were others. I would go to tigernet, but the layour is awful to read.

Comments from those I know were the noise competes/beats w/ all in ACC outside of Clemson, FSU, and VT. All said they enjoyed the trip and had fun (even outside the outcome of the game), and obviously having a beer or three isn't bad either. Everyone says they'll go back.

Negatives (not really negatives) were that the heat wasn't the factor folks said it would be and also just overall a bit rundown.

Obviously these weren't player comments, from what I read/heard they said it was loud early.

Dabo made a comment about the dome before to the ESPN sideline reporter. He said something along the lines of "this place is awesome". Noticed it today while watching the game again on DVR.

Any quotes from the staff/players on there impressions of the dome? Size? Noise? Having crowd on top of you etc?? I saw the Dabo quote, was wondering if there were others. I would go to tigernet, but the layour is awful to read.

I haven't seen any comments, besides for Dabo calling the Dome "awesome", which it is. It's certainly different than what we're used to and I for one am glad we jumped on you guys early or else that place would have been rocking all afternoon. It's a pretty intimate feel with it being indoors and all. I really enjoyed the environment-- probably not as much had we not played so well.

I posted this in another thread:
I thought it was a very interesting place. I didn't realize just how packed we were going to be in there. Not a whole lot of wiggle room ;) I thought it was loud, but I expected it to be loud during all the downs, not just the 3rd downs. I was also disappointed to see a lot of aluminum in the 3rd quarter. The Cuse was putting up a fight and a lot can happen in a quarter. Overall, I thought it was a neat place. It reminded me of a pro game in some respects because of things like the t shirt cannons, the kiss cam and the "seat upgrade" thing. Not a bad thing, just not something I've seen in many college football games. I have seen things like that at the Dayton Flyer basketball games, so maybe it was more like that. I plan on making the trip back in a couple of years and hope the weather is better that day for tailgating. I was planning on making it out to the Fine Mess tailgate, but alas the rain drove me and my family into the Dome as soon as it opened at 1:30.

Comments from those I know were the noise competes/beats w/ all in ACC outside of Clemson, FSU, and VT. All said they enjoyed the trip and had fun (even outside the outcome of the game), and obviously having a beer or three isn't bad either. Everyone says they'll go back.

Negatives (not really negatives) were that the heat wasn't the factor folks said it would be and also just overall a bit rundown.

Obviously these weren't player comments, from what I read/heard they said it was loud early.

We all know it's rundown :p. But you work with what you've got.

Me-thinks Gray skies and rainclouds made it look all the more rundown.
Had it been 72 and sunny, I'm sure the campus would've shined like a new penny...

My sister is a prominent Clemson "official" that spent Friday touring the campus with your alumni association representatives. She said the campus was beautiful. The campus,itself, reminded her of Clemson with trees and brick buildings. She was treated wonderfully and is looking forward to Syracuse fans visiting Clemson next year.

She also said downtown was fun and the things she really missed were grits and boiled peanuts - it will be an acquired taste for you.

I was just relieved to see people on TigerNet saying that Dinosaur lived up to the hype. Whew!

I saw the Dabo quote, was wondering if there were others. I would go to tigernet, but the layour is awful to read.

I recommend you register over there. You get much better forum view options along with PM ability.

We had a great trip with friends and were able to connect with others that made the trip. Enjoyed Niagara Falls and visiting Rochester as well.(stayed with Clemson friends that live there) I thought the campus was beautiful and wish that I had more time to tour. We were late getting to a parking spot and with the rain, we didn't get to make it to the Fine Mess tailgate, hopefully in two years, we'll get there earlier and have better weather. Almost all the Cuse fans we encountered were gracious and helpful, only a couple of kids were a little obnoxious. The atmosphere inside the dome was great and very loud at times, so the noise could have been a factor if Clemson didn't get a big lead early on. The biggest negative was the slippery stairs going up to the third level. A lot of beer and soft drinks had been spilled by halftime and two people from our group slipped and fell on the stairs. It may be time to replace the grip strips on the edge of the stairs. We had a great time and will be back in 2015. Good luck with the rest of your games; we are excited about the rest of our season and it looks FSU will be our second ESPN Gameday this year.

I was just relieved to see people on TigerNet saying that Dinosaur lived up to the hype. Whew!
I didn't make it to Dino, but here is a quote from their FB page today.
Clemson University and its fans introduced Syracuse University to the ACC this weekend. Syracuse introduced a lot of Clemson fans to the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. The Dino servers and managers were greatly impressed by the Clemson fans, who are knowledgeable about their bar-b-que and who are some of the nicest, warmest and friendliest people our servers ever waited on. Thanks, Clemson.

My sister is a prominent Clemson "official" that spent Friday touring the campus with your alumni association representatives. She said the campus was beautiful. The campus,itself, reminded her of Clemson with trees and brick buildings. She was treated wonderfully and is looking forward to Syracuse fans visiting Clemson next year.

She also said downtown was fun and the things she really missed were grits and boiled peanuts - it will be an acquired taste for you.[/quote
Of course, neither of those things have any taste.

We had a great trip with friends and were able to connect with others that made the trip. Enjoyed Niagara Falls and visiting Rochester as well.(stayed with Clemson friends that live there) I thought the campus was beautiful and wish that I had more time to tour. We were late getting to a parking spot and with the rain, we didn't get to make it to the Fine Mess tailgate, hopefully in two years, we'll get there earlier and have better weather. Almost all the Cuse fans we encountered were gracious and helpful, only a couple of kids were a little obnoxious. The atmosphere inside the dome was great and very loud at times, so the noise could have been a factor if Clemson didn't get a big lead early on. The biggest negative was the slippery stairs going up to the third level. A lot of beer and soft drinks had been spilled by halftime and two people from our group slipped and fell on the stairs. It may be time to replace the grip strips on the edge of the stairs. We had a great time and will be back in 2015. Good luck with the rest of your games; we are excited about the rest of our season and it looks FSU will be our second ESPN Gameday this year.

Oh man, you should have told me you'd be going to Rochester. I definitely could have helped out with giving you some places to go around there. I hope you at least tried a garbage plate.

The biggest negative was the slippery stairs going up to the third level. A lot of beer and soft drinks had been spilled by halftime and two people from our group slipped and fell on the stairs. It may be time to replace the grip strips on the edge of the stairs.

Hopefully they are OK. The later the game the more beer, etc. is spilled it seems.

I would say the Dome may be a little rundown but I've been to Lincoln and Bill Snyder Family stadium. Those places have some outward cosmetic enhancements, however they have some areas that are just downright decrepit.

Heading up to Camp Randle this weekend. Really looking forward to the experience there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Not a clemson fan, just one that hasn't been to the dome in 10 plus years. Is it usually that hard to get into the dome or was it just because of it being homecoming/clemson/some other strange occurance? We got to the Syracuse exit on the highway at around 1:30. By the time we got off and found parking it was 2:30. By the time we walked to the dome it was 3, and then it took us a half hour to get into the actual Dome and get to the seats making it just in time for the coin toss. The half hour walk was expected and not bad, but is the traffic usually that bad that it takes you guys an hour to get around campus and is the security usually that slow that it takes a half hour to get into the dome even a half hour before kick off? I was at UConn-Michigan two weeks ago and highway to parking lot takes 5 minutes (although they aren't in the middle of a campus in a city) then we leave the tailgate about 30 minutes before kick off and were in our seats about 10 minutes later, with no massive lines at the gates.

The heat inside doesn't really become a factor after the 2nd or 3rd week of September.

I must have missed all the gracious Clemson fans almost all that I encountered were flaming s with zero class, strange. Not kidding here

I would say the Dome may be a little rundown but I've been to Lincoln and Bill Snyder Family stadium. Those places have some outward cosmetic enhancements, however they have some areas that are just downright decrepit.

Heading up to Camp Randle this weekend. Really looking forward to the experience there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Wouldn't begin to say yours is as bad as those old midwestern stadiums, and folks did say the campus is great. You willmlove camp randle, if you get chance ask folks about shich bar serves a side of bacon with each beer. Pbr is a dollar, so a one dollar beer with a side of bacon, now that's good stuff!

Me-thinks Gray skies and rainclouds made it look all the more rundown.
Had it been 72 and sunny, I'm sure the campus would've shined like a new penny...

I am thinking when they say "run down" they don't mean they wanted it to look like a post card from the outside of the building...just inside the Dome it being all concrete and kinds of ratty looking. Which lets be honest the Dome is. Time to cover the concrete and spruce the place up on the inside!

I am thinking when they say "run down" they don't mean they wanted it to look like a post card from the outside of the building...just inside the Dome it being all concrete and kinds of ratty looking. Which lets be honest the Dome is. Time to cover the concrete and spruce the place up on the inside!

I hadnt been in the dome in almost 10 years. The new scoreboards and ribbon boards were a welcomed sight. I do agree the concourses looked like Old Yankee stadium, prison like. Not sure whet else you can do. I'm not a fan of painting the place to look like the Swamp in jacksonville.

Not a clemson fan, just one that hasn't been to the dome in 10 plus years. Is it usually that hard to get into the dome or was it just because of it being homecoming/clemson/some other strange occurance? We got to the Syracuse exit on the highway at around 1:30. By the time we got off and found parking it was 2:30. By the time we walked to the dome it was 3, and then it took us a half hour to get into the actual Dome and get to the seats making it just in time for the coin toss. The half hour walk was expected and not bad, but is the traffic usually that bad that it takes you guys an hour to get around campus and is the security usually that slow that it takes a half hour to get into the dome even a half hour before kick off? I was at UConn-Michigan two weeks ago and highway to parking lot takes 5 minutes (although they aren't in the middle of a campus in a city) then we leave the tailgate about 30 minutes before kick off and were in our seats about 10 minutes later, with no massive lines at the gates.

We got to the dome gate at about 245, and had to stand in line for about 15 min while they wanded people. Question for the regulars, does this happen at every game?

Just an FYI: The daily articles have Clemson coach & players interviews with comments as did the SUA post game article.

Last edited: