Quick Health Update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quick Health Update

Woke up at 6:30AM Thursday

Have slept 1 hour and a half since then it is now 2am Sat

that's 44 hours folks

I feel great

I was given the sacrament of the sick formerly known as the last rites of the Catholic Church earlier this week before emergency surgery.

I have been in Crouse hospital for 33 days now and had 3 surgery's

I was only supposed to be here 7-10 days

They say I'll need at least 1 more surgery

Im a fighter and want more than anything to return to my friends and family

Watch my grandchildren play their sports, watch them dance, listen to them play their instruments see their art

Get my grandson piano lessons, anyone know if there is someone in the area good with 9 year olds? He plays my keyboard and has a gift that needs to be brought out.

I want to meet my friends on the 1st tee at Liverpool every Saturday at sunrise, its so much fun with Tomcat & our buddy George, I've missed 2-3 wks

Those guys came to see me after 2 of those rounds as if I was still a part of the day

Really appreciate Tom, Cherie & Jim, Jerry C for coming up for visits and comforting my family when I've been in surgery. I owe you big time.

CTO for Hop & HCSS visits which led to LBC Clark Lea and Terrel Hunt surprising me

Niko Tamurian & fiancée Farah Jordan editor Woman's Magazine for their Easter visit & Easter lillies

Bruno & Anne Lucchesi and their two beautiful floral arrangements which brighten up my room and their everyday emails and calls with concern

Orange Town who sent the great Orange & Blue Roses in the SU vase they were the talk of the 5th floor

Jarhead Jim who sent a beautiful arrangement with lots of Orange & Blue in a football ceramic and who started the thread that led to so many well wishes, thanks buddy

Thanks for all the calls from Ray in Virginia, calls nearly everyday, that means a lot to me

Thanks to all who have sent well wishes & prayers, you don't know how much that helps when all looks bleak, I fought harder because of your inspiring words

I hope to see everyone again at our tailgates that our man from Texas keeps oraganizing
Thanks Mark

And my kids & grandkids who brighten my day when they visit.

Thanks to the Syracuse Mandarins for their visit and beautiful song performed in my room on Palm Sunday.

The nurses, doctors, residents, physical therapists etc here at Crouse for their great care

Apologies for leaving anyone out after all Im running on 1 1/2 hr sleep since Thursday ; )

Love you all
Dan I think I get more out of visiting you, love hearing your stories. Get well my friend

Orangeyes said:
Woke up at 6:30AM Thursday Have slept 1 hour and a half since then it is now 2am Sat that's 44 hours folks I feel great I was given the sacrament of the sick formerly known as the last rites of the Catholic Church earlier this week before emergency surgery. I have been in Crouse hospital for 33 days now and had 3 surgery's I was only supposed to be here 7-10 days They say I'll need at least 1 more surgery Im a fighter and want more than anything to return to my friends and family Watch my grandchildren play their sports, watch them dance, listen to them play their instruments see their art Get my grandson piano lessons, anyone know if there is someone in the area good with 9 year olds? He plays my keyboard and has a gift that needs to be brought out. I want to meet my friends on the 1st tee at Liverpool every Saturday at sunrise, its so much fun with Tomcat & our buddy George, I've missed 2-3 wks Those guys came to see me after 2 of those rounds as if I was still a part of the day Really appreciate Tom, Cherie & Jim, Jerry C for coming up for visits and comforting my family when I've been in surgery. I owe you big time. CTO for Hop & HCSS visits which led to LBC Clark Lea and Terrel Hunt surprising me Niko Tamurian & fiancée Farah Jordan editor Woman's Magazine for their Easter visit & Easter lillies Bruno & Anne Lucchesi and their two beautiful floral arrangements which brighten up my room and their everyday emails and calls with concern Orange Town who sent the great Orange & Blue Roses in the SU vase they were the talk of the 5th floor Jarhead Jim who sent a beautiful arrangement with lots of Orange & Blue in a football ceramic and who started the thread that led to so many well wishes, thanks buddy Thanks for all the calls from Ray in Virginia, calls nearly everyday, that means a lot to me Thanks to all who have sent well wishes & prayers, you don't know how much that helps when all looks bleak, I fought harder because of your inspiring words I hope to see everyone again at our tailgates that our man from Texas keeps oraganizing Thanks Mark And my kids & grandkids who brighten my day when they visit. Thanks to the Syracuse Mandarins for their visit and beautiful song performed in my room on Palm Sunday. The nurses, doctors, residents, physical therapists etc here at Crouse for their great care Apologies for leaving anyone out after all Im running on 1 1/2 hr sleep since Thursday ; ) Love you all
Dan is the toughest hombre East of the Mississippi. #hardnosed #getwellsoonOE #syracusefannation #nysaoftballhalloffame #thtchampion

Last edited:
Dan. I don't know if I met you when I was at last years Fine tailgate for the Clemson game. My one and only. It was pouring and I met so many people on here in such a short amount of time. Either way, I am in again for Orange Central and will be there for the Fl. St. tailgate. So I am making a date to see you there!! Keep getting stronger, and will see you in October.

What a great post. Press on with the recovery, Dan! And keep the positive outlook as strong as possible despite the challenges. There is an enormous power in positive thought. We are all pulling for you, man.

Dan -

Your passion is contagious, and your outlook on everything is enlightening. We're blessed to have you as a part of our lives.

Prayers, love, and best wishes, buddy.

We don't know each other, but from all I have read, you seem like a great guy. I wish I could do half the stuff you do! My thoughts are with you as you get stronger each day. You'll be back on the golf course, having fun with friends and family REAL SOON!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom