Quick. Let's name them. | Syracusefan.com

Quick. Let's name them.

Orijinal

All Conference
We need a list of the top recruits from New York State who were pursued by Syracuse but chose to go to another name brand school and never saw they're full potential in contributing to that team's success in a major way.

Names?

It's easy to forget them.

The other Collier brother.
The DE from CBA whose name I can't remember and who I think transferred to a 1AA or D3 school or something.

Yeah, remembering the names of kids who didn't pan out is tough.

Mackenzie Matthews
Kevin Collier
Sammy Maldonado
Quentin Gause
Mike Paulus
Josh Beekman
Shane Olivia (he was decent)
Leon Williams

The DE from CBA whose name I can't remember and who I think transferred to a 1AA or D3 school or something.

Funny you say 1AA and D3- Because he ended up at a D2 school (Bentley). And I remember specifically that he gave up Pitt because he didn't want football to dominate his life.

Mackenzie Matthews
Kevin Collier
Sammy Maldonado
Quentin Gause
Mike Paulus
Josh Beekman
Shane Olivia (he was decent)
Leon Williams

Beekman spent 4 years with the Bears. Da Bears

In all fairness Gause is a redshirt sophomore and can't be considered a bust yet.

In all fairness Gause is a redshirt sophomore and can't be considered a bust yet.

He was also more of a regional recruit vs national recruit and didn't end up at a name brand school. I do think he'll be a solid player for them though as he wouldve been at SU.

Who was the big receiver from Henninger a while back...? Went to Michigan I think.

Like the start. That's a pretty good list, nick44. Appreciate everyone else's feedback as well. I thought there would be a lot more names on this list though. Maybe we're just not thinking of them because they did end up "forgettable?"

Dan Granowski - Rob Granowski lived in NY until his senior year of high school.

It may be too early to so label Ishaq Williams as such. Lets see how he does this coming season.

I've added him strictly on the following - his father publicly stated that SU wasn't good enough for him (which still irritates me) and going into year 3 at ND he is still a backup. 28 tackles over 2 years. This is a guy who probably would have started at SU as a sophomore, maybe even as a freshman. Maybe he gets that chance his senior year for ND.

Not sure how hard SU went after him, but Curtis Underwood from Lackawanna ended up at NC State. Recall he almost transferred out for his senior year, but returned. Career totals: 117 carries, 516 yards for 2 TDs, plus about 90 yards rec and 2 more TDs.

Jordan Thomas
Jerome Lewis
Curtis Dukes

Jordan Thomas was the leading rusher at Rutgers as a freshman but lost his job to Jawan Jamison who was just drafted by the Washington Redskins. He was then moved to cornerback and was behind Logan Ryan and Brandon Jones who were both drafted by the New England Patriots. I wouldn't call a guy a "bust" just because he can't beat out guys who are playing on Sundays.

Not sure how hard SU went after him, but Curtis Underwood from Lackawanna ended up at NC State. Recall he almost transferred out for his senior year, but returned. Career totals: 117 carries, 516 yards for 2 TDs, plus about 90 yards rec and 2 more TDs.

I don't believe SU was involved with him. If I remember correctly he was one of those under the radar guys.