Quick observations from yesterday's game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quick observations from yesterday's game

Its tough watching warmups and Tylers hits 5-6 in a row from the elbow then in a game air balls is.. if he ever relaxes and makes that shot the game will get so much easier as guys wont be able to layoff him and he will be able to go by them.

Love seeing Rak dominate like that. G is playing like the Pro he is going to be. Trevor was horrible in the first half but the fact that he played a complimentary role the second half was great to see. Kaleb remains a work in progress but he can score and will continue to evolve. This team is coming together and should really be tough down the stretch.

It's laughable that people call him a 3 over a 4
Well, someone else was laughing too last night, Rick Pitino. I'll repeat the same post that I made over in BBR with a shout-out to you:

"That's a big lineup, but wait .. ur missing Ham's favorite "Power Forward" on that list. I love the kid, and he's improving, but next time you play back the Louisville game, take a look at how Pitino took advantage of Tyler's size as the "second big":

- First half about 6:20 or so left in the half -- Pitino has Harrell catch the ball at the foul line. He'd already made a couple from there -- so when he turned to shoot Obokoh had to step up and guard him, leaving the low post open. Roberson then got sealed easily by Onuaku who shed him like a piece of paper and dunked.

- Second half with about 5:50 left in the game, close at that point - again Pitino has Harrell and Onuaku run the high low, and again Onuaku seals Tyler and scores easily;
- Second half with about 1:00 to go .. penetration by Rosiere and Rak steps up, Onuaku sheds TR and dunks.

That's six points right there. And those are just the plays I noticed casually -- I'm not counting the times that either KJ or TR was late on a help rotation and Rosiere hit a 3.

So next year, when CM returns and JB puts him right back in the spot he played this year ... I hope people understand why. He can rebound in space and slash -- and that's great playing teams that space the floor for shooters like V-Tech and Duke. But in the upper half of the conference, Tyler cannot hang as a second big. I like him to slash off the bench while his shot develops (he's getting great minutes/experience this year and it still hasn't happened). But playing him next to Rak against Meeks/Johnson, Tobey/Gill-Atkins, Uchebo/Young ... etc, etc.. has (or will) come at a cost on the glass and on interior D"
http://syracusefan.com/threads/thomas-bryant.30550/page-29#post-1308219

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom