Quick Thoughts From Evanston | Syracusefan.com

Quick Thoughts From Evanston

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Nice old stadium - fun place to see a game.

Sounds silly to say but defense did hit hard tonight and actually tackles well.

We have a lot of athletes - I really like Estime and Morris and McFarland and Kendall.

Very pleased to see Christopher Clark play - he gets open, catches the ball and runs pretty well.

Luke Arcinega was a force out there in the second half.

Drew Allen passes the look test but seems to need too much time, telegraphs passes, throws some bad out passes, is too slow in getting and running the plays, does not seem to run all that well and has too many passes knocked down. He looks like a pro but just doesn't seem to play fast in any sense.

I thought he should have been pulled much earlier.

No real pressure on NU QBs tonight and when pressure was applied Kane ran around it with remarkable ease.

Kicking game very disappointing - first punt hurt.

I don't get it. Third and seven and we again throw a 30 yard post route on a crucial series in the second half. And we punt on 4th down and put it in the endzone when we needed the ball pretty late in the game.

The kids never quit I don't think.

Oh heck, play Terrel Hunt.

We have a lot of athletes - I really like Estime and Morris and McFarland and Kendall.

Very pleased to see Christopher Clark play - he gets open, catches the ball and runs pretty well.

Drew Allen passes the look test but seems to need too much time, telegraphs passes, throws some bad out passes, is too slow in getting and running the plays, does not seem to run all that well and has too many passes knocked down. He looks like a pro but just doesn't seem to play fast in any sense.

No real pressure on NU QBs tonight and when pressure was applied Kane ran around it with remarkable ease.

I don't get it. Third and seven and we again throw a 30 yard post route on a crucial series in the second half. And we punt on 4th down and put it in the endzone when we needed the ball pretty late in the game.

Simply put, agreed.

Good post, OPA.

There is a big difference between "athletes" and playmakers, but I tend to agree with the kids you singled out. Clark, Estime, M&M need more touches.

I had a similar sense on D. I know that this will not be popular, but I felt that the D played better when Arcinega and Kirkland were on the field. Most on the board are going to blast the O, McDonald and Allen today. But, this D, the strength of the team, gave up nearly 600 yards and 48 points. NW is going to do that to a lot of teams this year. The point is, that anyone who still thinks that this D is going to carry this team against better teams, or that our DBs are really good, ...

As for the QB situation, there is no way around how poorly Allen has played. Hunt looked better, BUT we need to keep in mind that NW called off the dogs early in the 2nd half and played their base D. I wouldn't know for sure, but it is also likely that Hunt was playing against 2nd and 3rd teamers.

Hunt was surely playing against the scrubs but he was also leading them. Outside of Mackey and I think Trudo he had all 3rd teamers himself.

Hunt struggled on his corner route with not enough air time to let his receiver go out and get it. I loved the way he ran the ball and took charge...as Digger would say a man on a mission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom