Syracuse Looking to Fill DJ and Host Roles for 2024 Season | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Looking to Fill DJ and Host Roles for 2024 Season

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Syracuse Athletics is accepting applications for both the in-game host and DJ positions for the upcoming football season!

Both positions play an integral role in the gameday atmosphere in the JMA Wireless Dome. The in-game host would appear during breaks in on-field action on the video board assisting in promotional activities and interacting with fans.

The DJ would need to have the ability to perform live, keep the crowd energized throughout the flow of the game and work within the fast-paced environment of a game day.

Interested candidates for either position can submit their application materials to teamsu. Hosts should submit an audition video of themselves hosting and their resume. DJ's are asked to submit a resume with prior DJ experiences.

Successful candidates for both positions must be creative, outgoing, be able to work within a team environment and have a passion for live presentation and sports. The ability to work well under pressure in a live-event situation with changing conditions is critical. Applicants must have excellent communication skills and possess an energetic desire to assist in maximizing the Syracuse football entertainment experience for fans.

Sorry Older Man (now I am) Rant
No. No. No abrasive DJ featuring indecipherable "music" and manufactured energy.
Except at the beginning of the game, when the team runs out, some hype music there. Yes.
It's a football game not a North Korean "Dear Leader" rally or a revival meeting.
I want to be able to talk during the breaks, not have an assault on my senses. It's too much. Give it a rest. Let the game speak for itself. Don't need artificial energy. We've got a band. Use it.

I'm a Boomer and I approved this Message.

No. No. No abrasive DJ featuring indecipherable "music" and manufactured energy.
Except at the beginning of the game, when the team runs out, some hype music there. Yes.
It's a football game not a North Korean "Dear Leader" rally or a revival meeting.
I want to be able to talk during the breaks, not have an assault on my senses. It's too much. Give it a rest. Let the game speak for itself. Don't need artificial energy. We've got a band. Use it.

I am pretty much with you here (and also an old man). I think our
gameday experience" team is not understanding the differences between a basketball experience and a football experience. Putting aside the "college" aspect of this (just use the band, but get them on some better music too) does the NFL have hosts and hype DJs for every intermission? I know this is a thing in the NBA, but I didn't think it was in the NFL. The atmosphere and crowd is just different between football and basketball and I don't think you can take an agnostic/generic approach that one size fits all.

I agree. I went to a Golden State Warriors game this season; just seemingly, unending and annoying loud music, contests, sales and marketing crap. Apparently, the game is not enough anymore. "Manufactured energy" - I won't go back.

Last edited:
Whatever the interview process is, I hope it includes a live session in the Dome to make sure whenever the host/DJ speaks everyone's ears don't bleed. I thought the last lady was nice, but holy cow, I cringed every time she started speaking into mic.

I second that emotion. (Now that's music)

Dog Dj GIF

Not trying to start an argument - genuine question: to those who say Syracuse shouldn’t have a DJ/Host how many other college football (or NFL) stadiums have you gone to other than Syracuse recently?

I travel to a decent amount of stadiums and this isn’t at all a uniquely Syracuse thing. Personal opinion is that with how long TV time outs are, these are essential to have. If I wanted to watch the game and chit chat, there are better and significantly cheaper options for me to do so. If you’re going to charge that much for tickets/beer/etc. and keep younger fans entertained, I think you have to do this.

Whatever the interview process is, I hope it includes a live session in the Dome to make sure whenever the host/DJ speaks everyone's ears don't bleed. I thought the last lady was nice, but holy cow, I cringed every time she started speaking into mic.
No kidding, need to be able to project and cut through without high pitched screeching. Painful. It would help if they have a professional audio mix.

Can I submit and application for the DJ and play Dead Cornell 77 shows? That would really get the crowd going
or 1982 Barton Hall...Brother worked at Cornell's Thristy Bear Tavern back then. Went to his ATO Frat house before the show, His bed was the closet shelf...no lie..lol

I was at a Falcon's game in Mercedes Benz stadium this past season. It was so loud and obnoxious. Between every play, they would blast music and have some celebrity on the jumbotron doing something stupid to 'get the fans pumped'. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I'm there to be entertained by the game, I don't need all of this obnoxious fluff on the side. Just give me some fat guy yelling obscenities at the refs.

Not trying to start an argument - genuine question: to those who say Syracuse shouldn’t have a DJ/Host how many other college football (or NFL) stadiums have you gone to other than Syracuse recently?

I travel to a decent amount of stadiums and this isn’t at all a uniquely Syracuse thing. Personal opinion is that with how long TV time outs are, these are essential to have. If I wanted to watch the game and chit chat, there are better and significantly cheaper options for me to do so. If you’re going to charge that much for tickets/beer/etc. and keep younger fans entertained, I think you have to do this.
IMO the in game experience at sporting events has gotten a lot worse, and more so in professional sports. Copying the in game experience because that is what everyone else is doing is lazy. If those multiple surveys they made us fill out is calling for this, I won’t like it but so be it. I have a feeling though given our marketing team’s background we are trying a cookie cutter approach which will only backfire.