Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big loss for our interior rebounding, post presence, and toughness. Best of luck to the young man, I hope he gets placed in the best opportunity for him to make a career and loads of money.

Make up your minds...

Brent Axe @BrentAxeMedia
Looks like Quincy Guerrier is no longer testing the #NBA draft waters and will just be moving on.

Niko Tamurian @NikoTamurian
So, this is news. @quincyguerrier appears poised to stay in the NBA Draft
"just be moving on"

Goodbye stranger, it's been nice. ;)

So, he's in the portal? Or he's solely looking overseas? Or G-league? I mean, what the eph?

Agree with this. He played with a torn groin muscle his entire freshman season. Not sure exactly what the injury was he played with this season but it clearly greatly bothered him and it appeared to get worse and worse as the season progressed.

By the end of the year, he struggled to make simple movements and when he went down to the ground, it was very hard for him to get up by himself. His stats and productivity really fell off the map after that fantastic start he had.

Not sure what the injury was. Someone will probably write an article on it in a month or two, after he has had surgery.

We have never seen him play for any length of time when he was 100% but early in the season, he was moving and jumping far better than I have ever seen from him. We talked about how he was a far better player than he showed as a frosh because he was so limited with the torn groin. I think he can do a lot more than he showed this season as well.

I think the biggest reason Quincy might come back is to show the pro scouts what he can do when he is healthy. My guess is that even if he goes pro now, he is going to be badly hampered in workouts and unlikely to impress anyone.

He has a chance to average a double-double if he returns. To me, this is the biggest key for next season. We don’t really have a proven rebounder or inside presence on the roster now (though I think Jesse can average close to 10 rpg if he can stay out of foul trouble).

Quincy is one of the toughest guys I have seen play at Syracuse. He is a warrior. I think we need someone like him on the team next year.
Funny you mention “warrior”. That’s what Guerrier means.

"just be moving on"

Goodbye stranger, it's been nice. ;)

So, he's in the portal? Or he's solely looking overseas? Or G-league? I mean, what the eph?
Axe poorly worded it - I think he meant he’s no longer testing the waters and is fully emerged in the waters

Go get em, Q. I loved his contribution and very fun to watch. Nobody. I mean nobody will ever come close to his free throw antics again.
Also and perhaps underappreciated was his adjustments during his career of when to take that three and when not to. Took it to the paint plenty! And I think his three looked great when he had the open look and patience. Very good rebounder and interior player and I can see him stretching his game out even more in the pros.

Axe poorly worded it - I think he meant he’s no longer testing the waters and is fully emerged in the waters
Axe screwed something up. Here's my surprised face:

1619821111338.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online