Random Thoughts (SU-Bing and stuff) | Syracusefan.com

Random Thoughts (SU-Bing and stuff)

outoftownie

2nd String
Pretty tired, just going to throw out a bunch of thoughts from today. I misspell a bunch of names, so numbers will do.

SU offense is going to be very strong this year. I like that it will be more traditional, meaning attack (29) is main ball carrier and middies will dodge from the top and alleys.

Loved three plays specifically today. 1. 3 getting the gb in front of the goal on 29 pipe shot. The goal was highlight, but the gb is the real play.
2. 2 lowering his head to run thru dudes on his dodge. If 44 played that tough he was be significantly better, but that isn’t his game
3. 30 dives to save a ball going out in 4Q then takes it to the rack to reward himself.

1st and 2nd year middies are really good. I don’t know if they can keep rolling out 16 and 44 when 10, 20, and 19 produce when they are on the field.

19 looked pretty good in 4Q. Good field awareness and a deceptive shot. Changes levels ad buries it. Maybe I was too harsh with a limited sample in previous posts.

No real comments on the d or goalies. Bingo barely got the ball and when they did they passed it around and then gave the ball back to SU most of game. Next will provide an opportunity to provide feedback on these units.

This team will be better than people previously thought, however be prepared for some What moments with young middies.

Uva has turned the corner. As much as people hate them, Hop is a lot better this year. Imagine is scott Marrs kid stayed home and played for his dad?

Towson St took a step back. That was an easy pick. Heard they struggled last week in scrimmages in NJ.

Sat near a few parents and friends today. 25s buddies were funny. Toasting his play with blue lights. 19s family was pretty jacked up when he stuck his first. The best was seeing one of the greatest orangemen, todd curry, celebrate his boy’s first goal with his family.

44 Lane looked really tentative with the ball like he wasn't sure what he wanted to do when he had it although he is a big guy. Hard to gauge this team because Bingo didn't look good. We'll see next week for sure. Envious that I can't go to games anymore. Miss the dome:)

44 Lane looked really tentative with the ball like he wasn't sure what he wanted to do when he had it although he is a big guy. Hard to gauge this team because Bingo didn't look good. We'll see next week for sure. Envious that I can't go to games anymore. Miss the dome:)
Agreed - he just looked awkward out there. Maybe he has been given instructions from the staff on how they want him to play, and he's just not comfortable with it yet?
upload_2018-2-11_7-51-10.gif

Quinn is going to be a star. He has a real feel for the game and is very sneaky with his shot. Loved to see the young ones getting run. This team could be scary good in the next few years.

Hard to gauge this team because Bingo didn't look good. We'll see next week for sure. Envious that I can't go to games anymore. Miss the dome:)

Can’t wait until next weekend. Maybe we would have won big with last year’s team against this year’s version of Binghamton but man it was exciting to see that first half. With so many question marks and very stingy scores from the scrimmages the mumps etc. I did not know what to expect and SU really delivered!

Not sure what happened to Lauder, but the season preview SU put out made it seem like Lauder was playing attack - and the reserve attack unit consisted of Seebold, Curry and I think Lipka - Lipka and Curry of course were getting regular runs throughout the game at midfield. Just kind of interesting.

I think our best middies are:
Trimboli
Durdovic
Dearth
Curry
Lane
Lipka
Simmons
Romano
Quinn
O’Sullivan

I think our best middies are:
Trimboli
Durdovic
Dearth
Curry
Lane
Lipka
Simmons
Romano
Quinn
O’Sullivan

Agree with this and I haven't seen this much young middie depth in maybe forever. And you didn't even mention Carlin and McKinney who are ahead of Quinn and OSullivan.

We'll know A LOT more about our middies after Saturday and from this point on there is no rest for the next 7 games. This schedule is so brutal the creme will definitely have to rise to the top here. It'll be extremely interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Trimboli - SO
Durdovic - FR
Dearth - SO
Curry - FR
Lane - SR
Lipka - RFR
Simmons - SR
Romano - RSO
Quinn - FR
O’Sullivan - RSO

the young depth is fantastic - the offense is loaded with it. I do wonder about next year with another strong crop of mids coming in. Cautionary tale about going to a big time program. PT could be hard to come by for even UA AA. Great for us fans though.

the young depth is fantastic - the offense is loaded with it. I do wonder about next year with another strong crop of mids coming in. Cautionary tale about going to a big time program. PT could be hard to come by for even UA AA. Great for us fans though.

I definitely prefer to have Alabama's football problem than not.

I definitely prefer to have Alabama's football problem than not.
absolutely. It hopefully has us pointed in the right direction, especially if we can keep most of them. As someone who has a kid who's approaching the recruiting window it makes you think though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom