Rankings ... | Syracusefan.com

Rankings ...

TheOrangeBuddha

Scout Team
I'm probably a day late and a dollar short on this but it is amazing to me that Duke moves up 6 or 5 spots in the polls after having a 1-1 week. I realize a win at Pitt is impressive, but the still lost their other game no matter how well they played.

I sure as hell cannot remember Syracuse ever making a significant move up the polls after a week in which they lost a game.

No big deal really, just an observation that didn't hit me until last night.

It doesn't bother me either. Yes they lost, but it was on the road and it went to overtime. In essence they tied the #2 team in the country at the time on the road.

I think they were playing better than their #17 ranking as well.

It says a lot about the national perception of SU.

People gained respect for duke because they lost to us. For those who remember the nit years and the whole on the boeheim thing, that's a pretty damn impressive turnaround.

I'm probably a day late and a dollar short on this but it is amazing to me that Duke moves up 6 or 5 spots in the polls after having a 1-1 week. I realize a win at Pitt is impressive, but the still lost their other game no matter how well they played.

I sure as hell cannot remember Syracuse ever making a significant move up the polls after a week in which they lost a game.

No big deal really, just an observation that didn't hit me until last night.

I would have moved them even higher. Winning at the Pete and almost knocking off #2 in from of 35K+ in the same week was really a pretty darn good week. The 3 teams immediately in front of them in the AP all lost to unranked, if not unimpressive teams.

Yeah I think it makes a lot of sense. Offensively there is no one in the nation playing better. They have gone nearly 4 games in a row with over 10 3's shooting at a good clip and have one of the best players in the country. Against MTM parker is not being stopped without a double team. Now that Duke's shooters have hit their stride it would not surprise me to see them run the table the rest of the ACC year. Thats why that win at home was so important. Its very possible we could see them 3 or even 4 times this year if things play out accordingly.

Top 25 teams lost 20 games last week ... top 15 teams lost 10 (IIRC, looked at it a few days back). Many of those were bad losses.

Duke had a very good win, and a loss to the #1/#2 team on the road that isn't really going to be punished. Its not a big surprise that they moved up in the rankings.

Until Arizona proves its much worse without Ashley, it deserves to be in at least the same grouping as Duke.

Sure they lost at Cal. Only 3 weeks ago Duke was losing to Notre Dame and Clemson on the road.

It says a lot about the national perception of SU.

People gained respect for duke because they lost to us. For those who remember the nit years and the whole on the boeheim thing, that's a pretty damn impressive turnaround.

They would have been at #11 even if they had not played on Saturday. The close loss is not the reason they jumped in the rankings... it was winning at Pitt, and everybody else losing.

But they were not punished for a close loss which is a matter of respect for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom