Class of 2016 - RB Abdul Adams (MD) Oklahoma Transfer / TRANSFERRED TO SYRACUSE | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Abdul Adams (MD) Oklahoma Transfer / TRANSFERRED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Pierre's been recruited over.
That was my initial thought but I got rave reviews about him during the year from a friend in the program. He struggled in game with the blitz pickups and his early season fumble didn't help. I think he'll get plenty of chances early in the year, especially if Moe gets more time in the slot with Erv gone. It'll be interesting to see who rises to the top over the next few years.

That was my initial thought but I got rave reviews about him during the year from a friend in the program. He struggled in game with the blitz pickups and his early season fumble didn't help. I think he'll get plenty of chances early in the year, especially if Moe gets more time in the slot with Erv gone. It'll be interesting to see who rises to the top over the next few years.

Agreed--that fumble didn't help.

But let's see how things play out before writing him off [not you specifically, Nails -- just in general]. Kid has a bit of game experience under his belt now. He will be familiar with the playbook, and have the opportunity to go through a spring practice, spend the off-season in S&C program, etc.

If he isn't suited for an expanded role next fall, then he SHOULD be recruited over. And if he is, then there's no cause for concern, and let the best players earn the snaps moving forward.

I'm not sure what this means. Everyone tries to recruit the best players they can get, period.
Of course. It just means we may not see much of him after next year and he may finish his career elsewhere.

I know there's gonna be a lot of talk on this board of Moe in the slot in the coming months. I honestly, honestly, honestly think he should be the first option at tailback. Much bigger homerun potential.

And #2 Nykiem is just ready to explode next year in the slot. Loads of potential here. I just think everyone is going to have their eyes open up when they see him play. Based on what I saw in the limited action he saw last year, you won't be able to get him off the field in 2018

I know there's gonna be a lot of talk on this board of Moe in the slot in the coming months. I honestly, honestly, honestly think he should be the first option at tailback. Much bigger homerun potential.

And #2 Nykiem is just ready to explode next year in the slot. Loads of potential here. I just think everyone is going to have their eyes open up when they see him play. Based on what I saw in the limited action he saw last year, you won't be able to get him off the field in 2018
Moe Neal was our best back this year.

Moe Neal was our best back this year.

f7FdEdG.jpg

It's funny that this is a legitimate worry for our fanbase. Bama doesn't have this issue, nor Georgia, and in most years neither does Oklahoma. They are stacked with running backs so very few, if any get scared off.

I don't worry about this, but I get it. Schools like Bama, Georgia, etc., recruit kids on the premise of winning and environment. Syracuse recruits kids on the premise of playing time.

I actually agree and the assumption that he's moving to the slot could go down as nothing more than board fiction. I like him a lot out of the backfield and think he can be dynamic.

I actually agree and the assumption that he's moving to the slot could go down as nothing more than board fiction. I like him a lot out of the backfield and think he can be dynamic.

I think of this guy:

upload_2018-1-23_16-41-50.png

His name is Lenny Moore and these are his numbers:
Lenny Moore Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

He was a fast and elusive runner who could also go out and catch passes like a wide receiver. I could see Neal in that role. of course, that suggests that someone else might be the feature back. Lenny had Alan Ameche next to him:
Alan Ameche Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I know "nobody does that any more" but Dino Babers must have done something similar at EIU:
http://static.eiu.sidearmsports.com/custompages/football/2013/2013_EIUFootball_Stats.pdf (page 3)

Sheppard Little was 5-10 197, Taylor Duncan 6-3 224. Sounds like a classic fullback-halfback combination. That could work with Strickland and Neal but Adams and Neal would be a dynamite combination.

Unless your featured back is Saquon Barkley, you need to be rotating 2-3 guys.
In this day and age, one or two backs alone doesn't cut it anymore. I like what the staff is putting together. Pierre will be fine. You will also have injuries and other setbacks unfortunately.

Last edited:
I love this pick up, but I don't see him as an every down back. He and Pierre would make a nice thunder and lightning package.

I like moe in the I too. I like his demeanor, vision, feet, and for his size never takes a big hit and falls forward. Very downhill.

I like moe in the I too. I like his demeanor, vision, feet, and for his size never takes a big hit and falls forward. Very downhill.
Yeah. Agree. He could take a hit and get on the move better than anyone else last season. Also seems to have a better nose for open space

Yeah. Agree. He could take a hit and get on the move better than anyone else last season. Also seems to have a better nose for open space
...and to reply to myself, this is no knock on Strickland in any way. He has been a dependable player for us

I never understand a post like this. Not personal, just don't get it
It's not personal against Pierre on my end, either.

The staff clearly made a concerted effort to load up talent at RB. I could be wrong, and Pierre has time to develop, but the committed RBs all seem to be more highly regarded than Pierre.

Maybe Nails is right though and Pierre is developing really well in practice and we just need to wait for it to manifest in games.

Does Adams have any interest in wearing 44, because he can fill those shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.