Class of 2016 - RB Abdul Adams (MD) Oklahoma Transfer / TRANSFERRED TO SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Abdul Adams (MD) Oklahoma Transfer / TRANSFERRED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
whys he leaving OU?

He was stuck behind a 1100 yard rusher in the same class as him and a true freshman who went for 800 yards.

Also, is Shady McCoy a bad comparison? At least in his high school tape.

Second run is ridiculous. He's got some serious speed.

I hope he works out better than our last Oklahoma transfer. :mad:

Seriously, that tape is very impressive. power, Mike Hart like Moves and "if we're even, I'm leavin'" speed. (He might even make me forget about Jordan Fredericks. ;))

I wonder if the fact that he's already enrolled means he anticipates a rule change that could let him play next year. His coming here at all is a sign that people expect big things to happen at Syracuse in the near future.

As to the wisdom of a rule change the trend seems to be to loosen things up. We can already lose guys to to the pros and grad transfers as well as regular transfers. It may be that in the future, recruiting will be an all the time thing for all players. Coaches will basically have to do the best job they can of assembling a new team each year, with some of the players from the year before plus a lot of new faces.
We should welcome some NCAA transfer chaos

Last edited:
He legitimately broke 10 tackles on the 2nd run. That is not an exaggeration.
He breaks tackles and ankles. Such great balance and so hard to bring down - has to be gang tackled almost every time. Great vision, patience, power, wiggle, burst, speed. What more can be asked for? Awesome get. Look out ACC!

whys he leaving OU?

glut of running backs. Anderson is the starter, then you have an 800 yard rb second string and a couple other freshmen (to be sophomores) that could get touches.

He also ain't gonna see the holes that big here. Okie traps hard every play. It works for them and not studying us, i don't think we trap that consistently or well for that matter. I know when we get a hole big energy for a back to go sideways thru I'm excited. That 90plus yd run hole was so big I woulda crapped myself if we opened one up half that size. Here's hoping we do this year.

He also ain't gonna see the holes that big here. Okie traps hard every play. It works for them and not studying us, i don't think we trap that consistently or well for that matter. I know when we get a hole big energy for a back to go sideways thru I'm excited. That 90plus yd run hole was so big I woulda crapped myself if we opened one up half that size. Here's hoping we do this year.

Maybe so, but name one of our current RBs that would have outrun the rest of those Baylor defenders for 90 yards. :)

There is a reason Dino brought in our new OL coach.

He legitimately broke 10 tackles on the 2nd run. That is not an exaggeration.

That was an amazing block in the back by #5 at the end of the run to free him at the end... but besides that... holy crap that dude must have been covered from head to toe in baby oil to slip all those tackles.

whys he leaving OU?

Good question especially since he's staring at sitting out an entire year. I'm surprised someone would sit out an entire year in college football since the shelf life for RBs is so short. Hope the rule is changed and he can play immediately.

Good question especially since he's staring at sitting out an entire year. I'm surprised someone would sit out an entire year in college football since the shelf life for RBs is so short. Hope the rule is changed and he can play immediately.

I think it's simple, he has aspirations of playing in the NFL. If you're sitting behind enough talent that you'll rarely see the field, then chances are you won't be in the NFL.

Real impressed with Adams. He takes off quickly with compact steps and then explodes through the holes and opens up his stride. He has plenty of juke, uses his blocks very well and never stops trying to get that extra yard or two or more.

He started 4 games in 2017 as well. Started the opener against Ohio State. Got hurt mid season (ankle) and missed 2 games which knocked him down the depth chart. That's going to happen when everybody at your position is a 4 star talent.

This is about as close to a Power Team starter as anybody could hope to get. (heck even if you consider him 3rd string he out gained our running backs.)

Appears as if the focus in 2018 is the offensive line and the running game. We definitely need to run the football if we want to get to a bowl game.

The shelf life is short because of carries, not time. Sitting out sucks for our team, but it's not hurting him.

Why is he transferring? He won the starting job, got injured/banged up and fumbled twice - got passed by a kid who ran for 1000+ yds who is younger. Oklahoma is far away culturally from MD.

Real impressed with Adams. He takes off quickly with compact steps and then explodes through the holes and opens up his stride. He has plenty of juke, uses his blocks very well and never stops trying to get that extra yard or two or more.

...and he can catch a pass...

Devito’s going to have this kid, Mo, hendrix, rtb, queeley, harris, numerous other solid 2017 wr’s, pierre and a big experienced line.
Also Dixon

I can't believe 1) we just had a guy transfer in that averaged 9 yards a carry and 2) guys that averaged 9 yards a carry are on the outside looking in at Oklahoma.
This kid is every bit as talented as we could hope.

That being said I’ve seen blind people play better defense than many big 12 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.