Class of 2015 - RB/DB Ronnie James (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB/DB Ronnie James (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ns_offer_from_kyle_flood_during_an_unoff.html

Ronnie James, younger brother of Rutgers running back Paul James, earned an offer from head coach Kyle Flood Feb. 16, following an unofficial visit to Rutgers.
"I visited Rutgers on my way back from Boston College. Coach Flood offered me," said James, the 6-0, 180-pound Glassboro (N.J.) cornerback. "He asked me what I like more – offense or defense. And what I like more – school or football. But I said the wrong answer. He was looking for me to say both football and school come first, instead of one after the other. Because you should want to succeed in both football and academics.
"But after all the talking, he said he likes me as a person and as a player, and that he wanted to offer me. And I just thanked him a lot."
James says the possibility of playing with his older brother makes the Rutgers offer even more special.
"It felt pretty great just knowing that I could possibly play with my brother for one year," he said. "And I've been able to accomplish everything I wanted to with the help of my brother being there. It's just a wonderful feeling."
When Ronnie shared with Paul the news of his Rutgers offer, Paul suggested Ronnie join the Rutgers family. Paul, ironically, walked on at Rutgers before earning a scholarship two years later.
"He was like, 'You know we are in the Big Ten now, so you might as well just come and play with us.' He was trying to persuade me to come to Rutgers," said James.
The junior standout plays both running back and cornerback at Glassboro, but is being recruited as a cornerback. Defensive backs coach Darrell Wilson is his main recruiter.
"That's my guy," James said of Wilson. "I've known coach Wilson ever since my brother went there."
But it's Rutgers' family-oriented approach that has James strongly considering the school.
"I really like it. They are more of a family-oriented place," said James. "They are not afraid to talk to you, communicate and ask you if you need them."
James will make a return trip to Rutgers Saturday -- joining Union City's Steven Gonzalez -- since he can't make unofficial visitors weekend due to taking his SAT that day.
He also claims an offer from Pitt, and has received strong attention from Maryland, Old Dominion and Virginia.
James accumulated 1,168 rushing yards and 16 TDs in 2013. He also caught 15 passes for 170 yards and an additional score. Defensively, he generated 79 tackles (five for loss), six pass deflections and two interceptions. Plus, he caused a forced a fumble, blocked a field goal and averaged 36.82 yards per punt on 22 punts – four of which landed inside the 20-yard line.
James is the second current Bulldog to earn an offer from Rutgers, joining junior wide receiver/defensive back Juwan Johnson.

Ronnie James Dio. I like it.

Also, Flood is an idiot. Two things can't both be first. Unless he was trying to explain how Rutgers' only conference championship in history was shared with three other schools.

Add Dio to his name, and we are good.

dang it, DownTheField beat me to it.

Ronnie James Dio. I like it.

Also, Flood is an idiot. Two things can't both be first. Unless he was trying to explain how Rutgers' only conference championship in history was shared with three other schools.
Add Dio to his name, and we are good.

dang it, DownTheField beat me to it.

You guys are showing your age...

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 17h
C/O 2015 NJ safety. MT @TodderickHunt: Just spoke to Ronnie James. Says he's closing in on a decision. Has offers from RU, Pitt, Cuse, Army.

Committed to Rutgers.